The Ashes

The Ashes

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I read that the Aussies have not been beaten at the Waka since 1978 in an ashes test, long may it continue! I predict an Aussie win, or errmm, a riot!
Look man, Aussie cricket is strong, thats why they dont know who to put in the team. Mind you a genuine swing bowler would walk straight into the aussie team...
But this could be a major turning point in aussie cricket.
Phil Hughes could come out and make 150 and Steve Smith could win the game on the last day with a bagful of wickets. If that happenend and they went to the boxing day test at melbourne with the series at 1-1, you watch the media turn around.
But basically England will play dour, I predict,(despite recent sporting declarations), and try to get to melbourne 1-0 up. Then they'll have one hand on the urn...

rc

Moves
15 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Look man, Aussie cricket is strong, thats why they dont know who to put in the team. Mind you a genuine swing bowler would walk straight into the aussie team...
But this could be a major turning point in aussie cricket.
Phil Hughes could come out and make 150 and Steve Smith could win the game on the last day with a bagful of wickets. If that happene ...[text shortened]... ing declarations), and try to get to melbourne 1-0 up. Then they'll have one hand on the urn...
whose this dude Beer, left arm spinner, seems like a novice, bit of a gamble is it not?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
15 Dec 10

Mind you a genuine swing bowler would walk straight into the aussie team...
As would happen in any team at the moment.

Seems the coaching staff these days are able to coach the swing out of any young bowler within a season.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
whose this dude Beer, left arm spinner, seems like a novice, bit of a gamble is it not?
Apparently someone (Chappell?) likes the look of him and has plucked spinners out of obscurity before.
But I sincerely hope Smith plays and Beer carries the beers!
Smith looks the goods to me. Great allrounder,good attitude.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Dec 10

Originally posted by Crowley
As would happen in any team at the moment.

Seems the coaching staff these days are able to coach the swing out of any young bowler within a season.
😞

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Dec 10
1 edit

aus 3-20 odd in the first hour at Perth.
Englishpeople: start laying your bets now...hope is surely gone for the aussies...

My fave player M.Hussey is in... my last hope

rc

Moves
16 Dec 10
1 edit

aus 3-20 odd in the first hour at Perth.
Englishpeople: start laying your bets now...hope is surely gone for the aussies...

My fave player M.Hussey is in... my last hope
3-20, i shall be on suicide watch for the next twenty four hours, if i dont see you no more in this world, ill meet on the next one and dont be late! dont be late!

m

Moves
16 Dec 10

It seems amazing now that people were questioning Hussey's place in the team before the series started. Him and Haddin are the only Aussie batsman to be showing any sort of consistency.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Dec 10

Hussey puts positive spin on the mediocre score...
Still 260 is 260 ...It was truly a sickenning day for me yesterday and I was glad I had to get away from watching the action from time to time , for at times I could not bear to watch-I'll be ontime for the afterlife afterall, Rob

L

In the soup

Moves
17 Dec 10

Highly entertaining game at the WACCA. Great to see Johnson get his Michelle plus one. Although I hope that England retain the Ashes, I'd like to see it go down to the wire: a tied series going into Sydney. So for the moment, c'mon you Aussies. Throw another Pommie on the barbie.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by LeFou
Highly entertaining game at the WACCA. Great to see Johnson get his Michelle plus one. Although I hope that England retain the Ashes, I'd like to see it go down to the wire: a tied series going into Sydney. So for the moment, c'mon you Aussies. Throw another Pommie on the barbie.
Its all uphill for the aussies. The selectors got it right and should stick with this team no matter what(except for Katich to come back in, sorry Hughesy).
Day 2 at Perth a success.
All England needed to do was get 400 and they would have kept the ashes...

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
18 Dec 10

I was glad I had to get away from watching the action from time to time , for at times I could not bear to watch-I'll be ontime for the afterlife afterall, Rob
You should switch over to the India vs SA series to see the Proteas give the Indians a free cricket lesson.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Dec 10
1 edit

You should switch over to the India vs SA series to see the Proteas give the Indians a free cricket lesson.
I dont believe I have the means to watch that series unfortunately.

However a win has been set up on the third day at Perth from some fine bowling by Johnson, Hihfenhaus and Harris. Twil be a monumental effort for England to get over the line in this one.
C'mon Aussies, surely....

Moves
18 Dec 10

You should switch over to the India vs SA series to see the Proteas
I don't care how politically correct and possibly even well-meant it was, I still strongly dislike that name and think the change was a big mistake. Springbokke are antelope: graceful, fast animals always ready to spring into action. Proteas are plants: they sit there and get eaten. Not the best name for a sports team. Could'nt they at least have pissed the Limeys off by calling it the Suikerbossies?

Richard

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Dec 10

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
I don't care how politically correct and possibly even well-meant it was, I still strongly dislike that name and think the change was a big mistake. Springbokke are antelope: graceful, fast animals always ready to spring into action. Proteas are plants: they sit there and get eaten. Not the best name for a sports team. Could'nt they at least have pissed the Limeys off by calling it the Suikerbossies?

Richard
Boy have SA had their share of ill luck.
But more than that, I would call them "chokers"