The Ashes

The Ashes

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by venda
How long do you Aussies reckon old "golden duck" has got left at the helm then and who's gonna replace him?.Puppy Clarke? Hussey? Allan Border?
Well he should reitre gracefully after this series if he wants to retire on his own merits, other wise he leaves his tantative future purely on his form.

Still Ponting will be like Hussey, I reckon. He'll come back with a double ton ..

Obviously Clarke will replace him. He has been groomed for it

rc

Moves
04 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
This (second) morning will be important, anything can still happen .Anyone can win this matche and the ashes. There is no doubt going to be more rain in Oz this year, than normall, this should help the bowlers and results....
James Anderson was saying the very same thing, early morning, new ball tends to do more in Adelaide than later on, wicket seems to support large innings, lets hope Strauss is our for naught and Piterson slips on his way to the dressing room after making five. I just learned today that south Aussies are called crow eaters, ones from Brissy bannana benders and ones from the west, sand gropers πŸ™‚

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Dec 10

The decision to "rest" Johnson is highly telling. The English would be sensing dissaray within the Aussie bowling ranks-and they would be right.

I couldn't believe they left out Johnson for Bollinger personally. Why doesn't Tait come into the side instead. Its not like either one can hold a bat nearly as well as Johnson.
As Ian Chappell said, the Aussie attack has no spearhead.
Not to mention not selecting Hauritz, who was somewhat prepared for international cricket only to be left out at the start if the series πŸ˜•
In contrast, the English attack seems solid. There is variety,and while they too may miss an out and out quick bowler, they have clearly got their plans right.

I have my own theories on what the team should be, but once you make some decisions, you gotta give the blokes a chance. So you cant just throw in anyone.
This should've been sorted out before the Ashes started πŸ™

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
04 Dec 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes i understand, Sri Lanka, the Saffers, India, even Pakistan would do, but not to the Pomms!
Having a one trick pony in a circus just doesn't work.

rc

Moves
04 Dec 10

Originally posted by Crowley
Having a one trick pony in a circus just doesn't work.
wail, wail, weep weep, its a mare of epic proportions!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Dec 10

wail, wail, weep weep, its a mare of epic proportions!
Bring in Tait. Get him bowling 160kms in 3-4 over bursts and watch England become suspect of the whole attack

rc

Moves
05 Dec 10
1 edit

Bring in Tait. Get him bowling 160kms in 3-4 over bursts and watch England become suspect of the whole attack
someone just run on and kick Pietersen in the goolies, that might do the trick! Even if it doesn't it would be immensely satisfying i bet.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Dec 10

Is he really that fast, 100mph, that's 'Rawalpindi Express' territory πŸ˜›
Lest we forget, no matter what the viewpoint:

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Dec 10

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bLBpABJwbg
Trouble with that site.

Yeah, he's really that fast and even if he's resting 95% of the game (bowling) , I'd rather him than other similar type bowlersπŸ˜›

rc

Moves
05 Dec 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bLBpABJwbg
ah Shoaib Achter, he was fast but he could also be very expensive and quite temperamental. I much preferred Wasim Akram, not as fast but deadly with reverse swing and especially Yorkers, between him and Waqar Younis the Pakistan of them days was a force of nature πŸ™‚

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Dec 10

ah Shoaib Achter, he was fast but he could also be very expensive and quite temperamental. I much preferred Wasim Akram, not as fast but deadly with reverse swing and especially Yorkers, between him and Waqar Younis the Pakistan of them days was a force of nature πŸ™‚
Agree..I love genuine fast bowling, the 70's Lilley, Thompsom et al.. but on an Australian note, I miss the master of spin, Warne, more than anyone...loved to have seen him up against a cockey Peterson earlier πŸ˜‰

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Dec 10

Aussies at 85$
England $1.25
the draw is looking good at $2.48

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Dec 10

Agree..I love genuine fast bowling, the 70's Lilley, Thompsom et al.. but on an Australian note, I miss the master of spin, Warne, more than anyone...loved to have seen him up against a cockey Peterson earlier πŸ˜‰
He's a spinner. He'd be as good now as he was in his heyday...but hey, I reckon Pieterson would've smashed even him!!!

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Dec 10

He's a spinner. He'd be as good now as he was in his heyday...but hey, I reckon Pieterson would've smashed even him!!!
Yeah, get Richie Benaud back out there then πŸ˜›
It won't happen but I'd muck in if there was ever a 'get Warne back fund'...pay him a few million 'ADDED comfort money,' just to see him back out there for a while, I'd be happy !!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Dec 10

Yeah, get Richie Benaud back out there then πŸ˜›
It won't happen but I'd muck in if there was ever a 'get Warne back fund'...pay him a few million 'ADDED comfort money,' just to see him back out there for a while, I'd be happy !!
Lets get real...
Doherty is as good as anyone. Lets keep him. He'll get wickets .
Warney doesn't neeed comfort money-he just knows when to quit.
Spin bowling is more about temprement than skillπŸ˜‰