1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 00:46
    4pm 4th Jan 2009 FA Cup will be very important as we poor Saints have a go at Man U. 2 hours later there will either be much mirth and roars of happy cheers in the south or else the FA Cup is a dog at least until next year. I do think the cup is about the small teams getting a go at the rich and famous teams.. grass roots stuff that every kid from a small town loves.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 01:41
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    4pm 4th Jan 2009 FA Cup will be very important as we poor Saints have a go at Man U. 2 hours later there will either be much mirth and roars of happy cheers in the south or else the FA Cup is a dog at least until next year. I do think the cup is about the small teams getting a go at the rich and famous teams.. grass roots stuff that every kid from a small town loves.
    we're talking about the league cup, no one doubts that the fa cup is a great computation.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 18:38
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Well done Durs, you've outdone yourself with this beaut.

The Champions League has very little meaning because it is currently poorly titled in that non domestic champions can win it? Rigggght.

And the best team in European Club Football ISN'T the team which beats the rest of the top teams in Europe in a competition to determine who the best European club is? Rigggghhht.

D
    REg,,,,,REg,,,,Reg... you silly little boy... so when liverpool won the CL 3 years ago were you cheering them on?πŸ™„

A team that finished 4th in the PL and the 5th the following season was the best team in europeπŸ™„

Last seaosn if Terry had not missed TAHT penalty.. UNITED would not have been the best team in europe..WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE SAID THEN, I WONDER?πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 18:43
    Originally posted by trev33

in 20 years time will people remember the spurs league cup win? no. will they remember the nights they had watching arsenal in the CL and the big games when they where in contention for the league title? yes.[/b]
    in 20 years time there will be football supportes up and down the country who are not born now, there will be supporters who are under 10 now.

Do you honestly beleive they will be saying Arsenal played some lovely football? Ofcurse not because they would have not seen arsenal play!

Record books dont show 'how good' a team played it just shows who won what.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 22:37
    Originally posted by spurs73
    in 20 years time there will be football supportes up and down the country who are not born now, there will be supporters who are under 10 now.

Do you honestly beleive they will be saying Arsenal played some lovely football? Ofcurse not because they would have not seen arsenal play!

Record books dont show 'how good' a team played it just shows who won what.
    people talk.

if i ever have a son/daughter who cared about football i would tell them about the great football that arsenal used to play and about all the great young players that whinger bought and developed into world class players in some of them.

only spurs fans will be telling their children about the league cup win in 2008 and even then by that time it will be even more meaningless than it is now and they will say 'who cares?'

coaches in the future won't be showing kids the video of spurs winning the league cup they'll be showing videos of arsenal playing to show them what real football looks like when its done right.

the fact that they didn't win anything in this time doesn't mean a thing.

how many world cups have holland won and how famous is their style of football?

i'm right, you're wrong......na nana nana na πŸ˜‰
  6. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    07 Dec '08 01:33
    people talk.

if i ever have a son/daughter who cared about football i would tell them about the great football that arsenal used to play and about all the great young players that whinger bought and developed into world class players in some of them.

only spurs fans will be telling their children about the league cup win in 2008 and even then by that ti ...[text shortened]... w famous is their style of football?

i'm right, you're wrong......na nana nana na πŸ˜‰
    Most English teams will remember when their teams had English players in them.

Tottenham will relish the 8 wins out of 9 appearances in the FA Cup Finals

http://www.mehstg.com/honours.htm for Spurs long history..
    Korean Peace Cup Winners too.

I used to like spurs.. delivered leaflets all round Tottenham as a kid..
    When Spurs came to The Dell Southampton town centre was safe after the game. They always had good fans and were known for fair play.

Can't say the same about Gunners.. Police vans and dogs used to practise on them for when the Mancs came.

I used to like Alf Garnet.. He hated Arsenal πŸ˜›
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '08 04:01
    Most English teams will remember when their teams had English players in them.

Tottenham will relish the 8 wins out of 9 appearances in the FA Cup Finals

http://www.mehstg.com/honours.htm for Spurs long history..
    Korean Peace Cup Winners too.

I used to like spurs.. delivered leaflets all round Tottenham as a kid..
    When Spurs came to The Dell S ...[text shortened]... ractise on them for when the Mancs came.

I used to like Alf Garnet.. He hated Arsenal πŸ˜›
    i'm not an arsenal fan, i'm not talking about the fa cups spurs has won and i'm not talking about any of their fans.....if you want to talk about fans i've had more abuse from chelsea fans than any other in the prem that i've seen, they where horrible.

what i am talking about is the legacy of spurs and arsenal over the past 4 years...only spurs fans will remember the league cup win while every real football fan will remember the style in which arsenal have played with even though they didn't win any trophies in this time.
  8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    07 Dec '08 07:32
    i'm not an arsenal fan, i'm not talking about the fa cups spurs has won and i'm not talking about any of their fans.....if you want to talk about fans i've had more abuse from chelsea fans than any other in the prem that i've seen, they where horrible.

what i am talking about is the legacy of spurs and arsenal over the past 4 years...only spurs fans will ...[text shortened]... e in which arsenal have played with even though they didn't win any trophies in this time.
    Chelsea used to be shockers but since I stayed in Chelsea with my uncle (back in Osgood's day) I knew a few haha.
    London is blessed with great clubs and a wonderful history of rivalry.

Tell me who was/is the last great football star to come out of London football (Englishman)? Are they all foreigners now in London?
  9. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '08 13:39
    Chelsea used to be shockers but since I stayed in Chelsea with my uncle (back in Osgood's day) I knew a few haha.
    London is blessed with great clubs and a wonderful history of rivalry.

Tell me who was/is the last great football star to come out of London football (Englishman)? Are they all foreigners now in London?
    Define "great"

Lampard, Terry and Cole are all Londoners playing in London.
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Dec '08 14:51

what i am talking about is the legacy of spurs and arsenal over the past 4 years...only spurs fans will ...[text shortened]... e in which arsenal have played with even though they didn't win any trophies in this time.
    Who cares about how good football Arsenal played for the last 4 years and won NOTHING. Even Arsenal fans talk about their 42 game or whatever it was; unbeaten lague recond.

Your arguments dont make sence, the last 4 years of football has been doninated my Chelsea and Manchester United, thats what people will to talking about in 20 years, not some team who won nothing!
  11. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    07 Dec '08 18:461 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Define "great"

Lampard, Terry and Cole are all Londoners playing in London.
    It's subjective and up to the fans. Do they stack up with the world's greatest? I don't really see enough past the highlights to know.
    Anyway sorry for getting off the thread..one thing about NZ is I really miss the footy in UK.... never did follow the League Cup.

ps latest from Becks down under:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10546969
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '08 06:07

You say the FA cup is second only to the the CL?
    Why?

The CL has very little meaning.
    WHY you may ask?

Becase the best team in European club football does not always win the CL. 4 teams from england, spain and Italy qualify of the CL and as happened a few years back, Liverpool, a team which has never won the PL won the CL.

Thats is just stup ...[text shortened]... nish 5th or even 4th in the league. What does finishing in 2nd to 4th in the PL really prove?
    Your only saying this utter nonsense because you know Spurs have no chance of qualifing for the CL this decade!! It's a tournament Spurs will never be good enough to enter! The Champions league is the highest standard in world football!

No Liverpool winning it was not stupid its just the nature of all cups...the best team is never guarenteed to win any cup because even the best team will have bad days and with cups bad days are punished by knockout rather than just dropping points...theirfor no cup can guarentee that the best team wins

If a team outside the top 4 win the FA or League cup one of the reasons they won it was because these cups will now never top priority for the big 4.

Well finishing 4th in the league proves your the 4th best team in England...what does winning the league cup prove...absolutely nothing especially considering how some clubs just see it as a distraction!
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 03:12
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Your only saying this utter nonsense because you know Spurs have no chance of qualifing for the CL this decade!! It's a tournament Spurs will never be good enough to enter! The Champions league is the highest standard in world football!

No Liverpool winning it was not stupid its just the nature of all cups...the best team is never guarenteed to win any c ...[text shortened]... prove...absolutely nothing especially considering how some clubs just see it as a distraction!
    ah? its called the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.. not the CHAMPIONS CUP..!!
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 10:48
    ah? its called the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.. not the CHAMPIONS CUP..!!
    Stretch much?

D
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 11:01
    Liverpool, a team which has never won the PL won the CL
    Yes, and by that logic Spurs have never won the Milk Cup or the FA Cup sponsored by E-ON.

Think about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree