1. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 22:53
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Yes, and by that logic Spurs have never won the Milk Cup or the FA Cup sponsored by E-ON.

Think about it.
    No u muppet! The other poster was implaying that the Champions league is a knock-out cup competition..well its NOT IS IT?

Its in a league format and then the last 16 is a knock-out not the same as the League cup or FA cup is then is it!?
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 22:55
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Stretch much?

D
    Read my post above...? Muppet no,2.

Looks like you and Angry Boy do have something in common!
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 01:20
    Originally posted by spurs73
    The other poster was implaying that the Champions league is a knock-out cup competition..well its NOT IS IT?

Its in a league format and then the last 16 is a knock-out not the same as the League cup or FA cup is then is it!?
    Fair point..it starts off in League format so it's not exactly the same!

But sure that doesn't really make much of a difference as all it means is that none of the CL contenders have got knocked out yet!

The CL is now at the point where as a knockout cup 8 or 9 teams could possibly win it whereas if it was in league format the winner would definitely be either Barca, ManU or Chelsea...although I think the winner will be one of those 3 anyway!
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 16:27
    No u muppet! The other poster was implaying that the Champions league is a knock-out cup competition..well its NOT IS IT?

Durrs,

James said nothing which disagrees with what you said.
    "the best team is never guarenteed to win any cup because even the best team will have bad days and with cups bad days are punished by knockout rather than just dropping points...theirfor no cup can guarentee that the best team wins"

The fact that you keep tying yourself in knots is laughable.

In the 2 quoted sentences, you state that the Champions League "IS NOT a knock-out competition" and then state "the last 16 is a knockout"

Seriously? Try talking sense. BTW: Are you registered on teamtalk as iloveyouHarry? I read the quoted below, and the idiocy reminded me of you...

"iloveyouHarry (Tottenham Hotspur fan)

"Scummy little Ronaldo gets away everything, not even a word mentioned look and he did this last week too!""

D
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 00:38
    Durrs,

James said nothing which disagrees with what you said.
    "the best team is never guarenteed to win any cup because even the best team will have bad days and with cups bad days are punished by knockout rather than just dropping points...theirfor no cup can guarentee that the best team wins"

The fact that you keep tying yourself in knots is laugha ...[text shortened]... away everything, not even a word mentioned look and he did this last week too!""

D
    Rag... you are talking rubbish as per usual.

Is the first part of the CL in league format or not?
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 09:52

It doesn't matter what anyone else was implying - as it has nothing to do with what I said.

You said Liverpool have never won the PL. I pointed out that (by your logic - because a competition has a different name) then Spurs have never won the FA Cup sponsored by E-on or the Milk Cup.

Now, take a deep breath, read it again and tell me why I'm a muppet.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 09:53
    Looks like you and Angry Boy do have something in common!
    Is it that we're both a bit sharper than you?
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 11:14
    Is it that we're both a bit sharper than you?
    you should put the emphasis on 'a bit' when talking about yourself 😛
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 12:00
    Rag... you are talking rubbish as per usual.

Is the first part of the CL in league format or not?
    Your question is totally irrelevant.

James said "the best team will have bad days and with cups bad days are punished by knockout"

Does this or does this not hold true in a competition where even only a part of the competition is knockout?

I'll make it simpler for you. If the best team in the world won all their games in the league part, and then had a couple of off days in the quarter final whereby they lost on away goals, would they or would they not be knocked out?

Come on durs, it's not rocket science.

D
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 13:47
    Originally posted by trev33
    you should put the emphasis on 'a bit' when talking about yourself 😛
    Very good ..... for an Irishman
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 23:511 edit
    Your question is totally irrelevant.

James said "the best team will have bad days and with cups bad days are punished by knockout"

Does this or does this not hold true in a competition where even only a part of the competition is knockout?

I'll make it simpler for you. If the best team in the world won all their games in the league part, and then ...[text shortened]... would they or would they not be knocked out?

Come on durs, it's not rocket science.

D
    Regs...read the post. The CL is not a knock-out competition ok
    stoping chating sheeeet you are boring us
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 23:52
    It doesn't matter what anyone else was implying - as it has nothing to do with what I said.

You said Liverpool have never won the PL. I pointed out that (by your logic - because a competition has a different name) then Spurs have never won the FA Cup sponsored by E-on or the Milk Cup.

Now, take a deep breath, read it again and tell me why I'm a muppet.
    goodness sake man... LIVERPOOL HAVE NEVER WON THE PL- FACT... ok....how can u not understand that?
  13. LA
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 03:33
    goodness sake man... LIVERPOOL HAVE NEVER WON THE PL- FACT... ok....how can u not understand that?
    Liverpool have also never won the treble, FACT.

AB will never admit to this either.
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 09:342 edits
    Did I say they have durrs? So do you agree that Spurs have not won the FA Cup sponsored by E-On or the Milk Cup (or in fact, the Prem)?

Do you not see how pedantic this argument is?

... and the fact that after complaining about SKY's razzmatazz you are merely fuelling it by talking as if the Premiership as a competition (don't pick holes here, you know what I mean) is somehow not the old Division 1 / Championship with a different name.
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 09:35
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Liverpool have also never won the treble, FACT.

AB will never admit to this either.
    Quote me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree