1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 15:421 edit
    Ding, Ding! Round 87 ....

Palynka's on the attack, Rag's not having any of it. Just how long can these 2 keep it up?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 16:00
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Ding, Ding! Round 87 ....

Palynka's on the attack, Rag's not having any of it. Just how long can these 2 keep it up?
    One of these days, Palynka is going to catch me off guard by actually posting an astute football related comment.

D
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 16:06
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Nice flaming. Got anything to actually contribute to the thread, or are you just going to stick to what you do best?

D
    I already did with my initial post. I'm sorry if I don't answer your whines with excuses.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 16:09
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I already did with my initial post. I'm sorry if I don't answer your whines with excuses.
    Yes, very astute in not recognising the difference in emotional investment and reward in watching a sporting event as a fan of one of the teams and as a neutral.

Keep going. I'm sure everybody is enjoying watching you make a clown out of yourself.

D
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 16:17
    Yes, very astute in not recognising the difference in emotional investment and reward in watching a sporting event as a fan of one of the teams and as a neutral.

Keep going. I'm sure everybody is enjoying watching you make a clown out of yourself.

D
    I recognized it. I even added the additional difference between a fan and glory-hunting pseudo-fans.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 16:37
    I recognized it.
    "As if they didn't realize that they can enjoy it as neutrals, with the only difference being that they wouldn't have anything to brag about. "

Maybe "only" has a different meaning in Portuguese. 🙄

D
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 16:46
    "As if they didn't realize that they can enjoy it as neutrals, with the [b]only difference being that they wouldn't have anything to brag about. "

Maybe "only" has a different meaning in Portuguese. 🙄

D[/b]
    That's about pseudo-fans, not fans. Learn how to read.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:00
    That's about pseudo-fans, not fans. Learn how to read.
    Ah yes, again you drag a footballing discussion into semantics (in which you are still wrong, surprisingly enough). Tell me Palynka, does it hurt to be so boringly predictable?

Just curious. While it's obvious that you're just trolling for the sake of it to pass the time (as a friend, may I recommend you get a job you enjoy doing), I'm curious how you define a fan and a plastic fan?

D
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:08
    Originally posted by Seitse
    [b]Ok, a question: How do you 'become' fan of certain team?

More important: How do you "switch" from one team to another?

Is it possible?
    I live 10min from THFC homje ground, the first game i ever went to was Spurs .... i have supported them for 30+ years.

As for 'swiching' NEVER... PROPER SUPPORTS NEVER EVEER SWITCH.. I have supported Spurs through thick and thin, never once have i wanted to support any other team because 'my mates supported them' or because the other teams win more trophys etc.

The whole point of supporting team is that you follow them from the good times to the bad times. Its not about the players, or the trophys, its about the TEAM itself.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:08
    Ah yes, again you drag a footballing discussion into semantics (in which you are still wrong, surprisingly enough). Tell me Palynka, does it hurt to be so boringly predictable?

Just curious. While it's obvious that you're just trolling for the sake of it to pass the time (as a friend, may I recommend you get a job you enjoy doing), I'm curious how you define a fan and a plastic fan?

D
    *sigh*

I presented the concept of the 3 types of football viewers. This is not just semantics.

I already explained the difference. You claimed that your local club wasn't very good so you needed another club to enjoy football "at it's very pinnacle". So you chose a club that you considered was at the pinnacle. That's as plastic as they come.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:28
    [bYou claimed that your local club wasn't very good so you needed another club to enjoy football "at it's very pinnacle". So you chose a club that you considered was at the pinnacle. That's as plastic as they come.[/b]
    LOL. And you tell me to learn how to read. Tell me exactly where I said I chose the best team. Also, do you nit-pick and bully 4 year olds much in real life?

Tell me, why did you chose to support FC Porto? Why not the Sunday League (Or portuguese equivalent) team that is closer? Not good enough for you? Another plastic fan according to your troll driven philosophy.

Invigorate was gentlemanly enough to clarify his sweeping generalisation, but I won't be holding my breath for you to do likewise, and retract your statement that any sports fan that doesn't have a local professional/semi professional team to support and chooses a team which isn't down the road is a plastic fan.

D
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:39
    LOL. And you tell me to learn how to read. Tell me exactly where I said I chose the best team. Also, do you nit-pick and bully 4 year olds much in real life?

Tell me, why did you chose to support FC Porto? Why not the Sunday League (Or portuguese equivalent) team that is closer? Not good enough for you? Another plastic fan according to your troll ...[text shortened]... fessional team to support and chooses a team which isn't down the road is a plastic fan.

D
    And you tell me to learn how to read. Tell me exactly where I said I chose the best team.
    Learn out to read. I said that you chose a team that was at the pinnacle. Did you wanted me to correct you so you can use your tired argument that I only do semantics?

Tell me, why did you chose to support FC Porto? Why not the Sunday League (Or portuguese equivalent) team that is closer? Not good enough for you?
    I was born in Porto, what else do you want? When I was born FC Porto only had 5 Portuguese championships under its belt, much less than Benfica or Sporting Lisbon. Porto's success came afterwards when I was already a supporter.

Invigorate doesn't want to infuriate the local children. I am not that scrupulous.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:56
    I was born in Porto, what else do you want?
    So there is no amateur Sunday League football team closer to the house you were born in than FC Porto?

You choosing not to support your local amateur team in favour of FC Porto is worse than me supporting my local amateur team AND a professional team. In your twisted trollogic anyway.

D
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 18:08
    So there is no amateur Sunday League football team closer to the house you were born in than FC Porto?

You choosing not to support your local amateur team in favour of FC Porto is worse than me supporting my local amateur team AND a professional team. In your twisted trollogic anyway.

D
    I don't know how thick you can be, but Porto IS my local club. In fact, the only club with the name of the city I was born in. Sure there are other clubs, but they're neighbourhood clubs and none from the neighbourhood I was born in.

You, on the other hand, chose one of the (if not the)richest club in the world which is actually located in another country. Did you chose England because you're culturally dominated by them?
  15. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 20:11
    Did you chose England because you're culturally dominated by them?[/b]
    Ouch!!!

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree