1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:26
    in your opinion, what is the toughest sport to master..?

in other words, if i trained in this sport, what one would take the longest to get to professional level..?

a few spring to mind, gymnastics, boxing and highboard diving; i would probably have to say golf as well
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:36
    Originally posted by eatmybishop

in other words, if i trained in this sport, what one would take the longest to get to professional level..?

a few spring to mind, gymnastics, boxing and highboard diving; i would probably have to say golf as well
    Tennis is very difficult. I don't think I could ever become a pro, I don't have the genes.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:45
    Originally posted by eatmybishop

Why did you choose those sports?

*Sigh* The lost art of conversation.
  4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:47
    Originally posted by darvlay

What is this conversation you speak of? I sit behind a computer specifically to avoid such tedious delirium.
  5. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:331 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay

dont know, just looks difficult to me, could be wrong though, dont know why golf springs to mind, just looks difficult to make the transition to professional
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Tosser.
  8. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 19:33
    GOLF. You don't know how long I've been working on my swing!! You can never be perfect - golf is really really tough to master. It's also really underrated in difficulty as many people think i is simply hitting a ball.
  9. Standard memberKurtHoegh
    Critical Failure
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 10:06
    Originally posted by Ramned
    GOLF. You don't know how long I've been working on my swing!! You can never be perfect - golf is really really tough to master. It's also really underrated in difficulty as many people think i is simply hitting a ball.
    Agreed. After struggling with it for the better part of three years now, I've come to the conclusion that golf is a made-for-TV illusion. It can't be done. Period.
  10. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 11:00
    Apart from snow sports I've tried most and golf sure is a b'std of a game. I've never smashed a club in anger but I'm glad I only play for fun and couldn't care less about breaking the ton any more.. I must have hit 500 games at 102 but only ever broke the ton once.

I'm trying Fly fishing now.. and if I lose any more flies up a tree I'm gonna get some dynamite.
  11. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 13:37
    Rock, paper, scissors. I always lose that stupid game 😠
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 17:15
    Snooker IMO. Potting a ball is straightforward, positional play takes years to master.
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 20:13
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Snooker IMO. Potting a ball is straightforward, positional play takes years to master.
    lol there you go... thats the joy of the such things; I'm completely the opposite.. Grew up in snooker halls have played and learned positional defensive play but can't pot for toffees... make a good doubles partner against a high score opponent though.
    Tough game .. millions play it few play really well.
  14. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 22:18
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I see how you became a pro uh?
  15. Swansea
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 23:36
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    I wouldn't say that snooker is that hard to master, I'm a pretty good player and I don't play that much really. Just every few months or so 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree