1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 14:091 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not that I don't agree with you but pitching in baseball is not as simple as you imply.

http://www.seed.slb.com/en/scictr/watch/baseball/physics.htm
    Oh, I agree, I didn't mean it came straight in like that, there's swing etc. in cricket as well. It just seems that the ball is bound inwards on a less erratic path in baseball.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 20:22
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Oh, I agree, I didn't mean it came straight in like that, there's swing etc. in cricket as well. It just seems that the ball is bound inwards on a less erratic path in baseball.
    Take a look at the new Boston pitcher daisuke matsuzaka. You can find him at youtube. Sure the ball doesn't bounce, but it's moving near 95MPH and moving several inches at the last second. On top of that, people actually swing their bat in baseball... plus, it's not a sawed off canoe paddle they are swinging.

P-
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 21:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Take a look at the new Boston pitcher daisuke matsuzaka. You can find him at youtube. Sure the ball doesn't bounce, but it's moving near 95MPH and moving several inches at the last second. On top of that, people actually swing their bat in baseball... plus, it's not a sawed off canoe paddle they are swinging.

P-
    Cricket balls also move at 90+MPH. Whilst I agree that the bat size is a factor, cricket balls also move several inches just before bouncing if the bowler is getting late swing and the ball can then cut back a foot off the bounce in the opposite direction. It's probably equally hard for both sports, actually facing the ball.
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 04:32
    all sports are hard to master, because people are competitive in sports. DUH. you have to be determined and more determined than the others and there is always somebody better than you no matter what you do.
  5. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 05:49
    I don't know if it's mentioned before but "chess" is the hardest to master. 😛

I've been playing since six years old and I still suck at it.
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 09:04
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    all sports are hard to master, because people are competitive in sports. DUH. you have to be determined and more determined than the others and there is always somebody better than you no matter what you do.
    how about micheal jordan? someone better than him?
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 21:48
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    how about micheal jordan? someone better than him?
    99.9% you are not going to be as good as micheal jordan, 99.9% you won't even be pro
  8. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 23:52
    Originally posted by monster truck
    I guess it balances out then.

But the whole golf thing is just absurd!🙄
    3 of my alcoholic, retarded buddies regularly shoot par with no coaching or practice. These guys are not super athletes by any standard. Me, I couldn't break par with a sledgehammer and have sworn off the game.
    I couldn't answer that because I have never played golf.
  9. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:05
    Originally posted by slimjim
    I couldn't answer that because I have never played golf.
    Good for you!😀
  10. cube# 6484
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 14:03
    in your opinion, what is the toughest sport to master..?

in other words, if i trained in this sport, what one would take the longest to get to professional level..?

a few spring to mind, gymnastics, boxing and highboard diving; i would probably have to say golf as well
    Pointless question as no matter how hard you train you would not be able to reach the professional level. Unless you were just born a great ..golf player for example, you could not train enough to be on the pga tour. I love basketball, but even if I trained every day for the next 10 years I would not be good enough to play professionally.
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 01:431 edit
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    Pointless question as no matter how hard you train you would not be able to reach the professional level. Unless you were just born a great ..golf player for example, you could not train enough to be on the pga tour. I love basketball, but even if I trained every day for the next 10 years I would not be good enough to play professionally.
    If you trained hard 10 years in any sport, you could become pro in 10 years.

Golf is the most difficult. glad to see some agree with me.
    Cross Country is tough too, but with endurance and strong will you can beat it.
  12. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 17:28
    skateboarding...hands down
  13. HellsGate
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 10:06

in other words, if i trained in this sport, what one would take the longest to get to professional level..?

a few spring to mind, gymnastics, boxing and highboard diving; i would probably have to say golf as well
    Motor Sport ie formula 1!
  14. LA
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 12:15
    American Football.

It must be a nightmare for the TV director/producers to have to schedule the 80+ TV adverts in between the 5 minutes of action in a 4 hour game.

Poor guys.
  15. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 12:45

In many sports it is a question of genetics.

Lance Armstrong would be a better cyclist than me even if he never trained.

Similarly Capablanca became world champ without studying opening books!

But football is without doubt the hardest game because it is the most competitive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree