1. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    17 Apr '10 17:57
    Has a rather nice ring to it, don't you think?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    18 Apr '10 01:43
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Has a rather nice ring to it, don't you think?
    So you think that the mistake by the lake can produce a champion? Hmmm. I suppose this is the closest they will ever come to a championship, even if they don't win one.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    18 Apr '10 02:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you think that the mistake by the lake can produce a champion? Hmmm. I suppose this is the closest they will ever come to a championship, even if they don't win one.
    It's happening, baby. First with the Cavs, then with the Browns. Can't say anything about the Tribe. Yet.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    18 Apr '10 21:24
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It's happening, baby. First with the Cavs, then with the Browns. Can't say anything about the Tribe. Yet.
    I'll take $5,000 against the Browns
  5. cleveland ohio
    Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    54518
    18 Apr '10 22:53
    yes this is out year the Cavs with Lebron and Shaq AND Z will win the City its frist Championship since 1964 the last time the Browns were Champions of the N.F.L.
  6. cleveland ohio
    Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    54518
    18 Apr '10 22:58
    GO CAVS MAKE US PROUD!
  7. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    19 Apr '10 01:15
    Originally posted by richfeet
    GO CAVS MAKE US PROUD!
    True believers, untie.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Apr '10 03:073 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I'll take $5,000 [b]against the Browns[/b]
    Only $5,000? What is wrong with you? You act like they even have a chance man. Why not bet everything you own?

    Speaking of the Browns, earlier this year I went to a grocery and parked and locked my car. Much to my chagrin I saw that my windshield had been busted when I came back. Someone had busted my windshield and placed to Browns tickets on my dash!!
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    19 Apr '10 05:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    Only $5,000? What is wrong with you? You act like they even have a chance man. Why not bet everything you own?

    Speaking of the Browns, earlier this year I went to a grocery and parked and locked my car. Much to my chagrin I saw that my windshield had been busted when I came back. Someone had busted my windshield and placed to Browns tickets on my dash!!
    This is the art of making a wager that might get accepted.

    I don't make bets that I won't win.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    19 Apr '10 10:19
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    This is the art of making a wager that might get accepted.

    I don't make bets that I won't win.
    I realize we've been down a long, long time. The last time a championship happened here, I was being born. Many things point to the continuation of such dismal results.

    However, a few things indicate that tides may be turning. To wit:
    New coach with a winning attitude.
    New president and new GM, both with winning attitude and records.
    Retainment of quality players.
    Excellent positions in the draft.
    Loss of under-performers.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    19 Apr '10 11:39
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I realize we've been down a long, long time. The last time a championship happened here, I was being born. Many things point to the continuation of such dismal results.

    However, a few things indicate that tides may be turning. To wit:
    New coach with a winning attitude.
    New president and new GM, both with winning attitude and records.
    Retainment of quality players.
    Excellent positions in the draft.
    Loss of under-performers.
    Nah! The real Browns are in Baltimore! Current Browns are dismal. Cavs might pull it off this season. Only because Lakers are hurt and Mavs don't have the D to deal with leBron!
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    19 Apr '10 12:01
    I'm partial to Masters of the Universe Cleveland Cavaliers.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    19 Apr '10 13:06
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'm partial to Masters of the Universe Cleveland Cavaliers.
    Might be a bit of a reach, but, oh, what the heck: let's go with that one, too.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    19 Apr '10 15:30
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I realize we've been down a long, long time. The last time a championship happened here, I was being born. Many things point to the continuation of such dismal results.

    However, a few things indicate that tides may be turning. To wit:
    New coach with a winning attitude.
    New president and new GM, both with winning attitude and records.
    Retainment of quality players.
    Excellent positions in the draft.
    Loss of under-performers.
    See Houston Texans....

    They have possessed all of the above, yet they have not won....and the Texans are a much better team than Cleveland!!
  15. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    19 Apr '10 18:36
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    See Houston Texans....

    They have possessed all of the above, yet they have not won....and the Texans are a much better team than Cleveland!!
    Many similarities, except for draft. Cleveland has the #7 and #38 spots, whereas Houston is 13 behind for their first pick at #20, and 12 behind at #50. Will it make a big difference, given how so much of the draft is a crapshoot? I guess we'll see!

    It's been six years since I was in Houston last, so I can't speak to the frustration level of the city. I can say that no one wants it more than Cleveland. They possibly could want it as much, but certainly not more...
Back to Top