Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tomtom232
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6833215/explaining-statistics-total-quarterback-rating

shut up please.
Moron, that is NOT the QB rating that is complied by the league and the official measure of QB efficiency but something called the "Total QB rating" recently developed by some stat guys. You should have been able to figure that out because the maximum TQBR is 100 and 9 Quarterbacks have higher QB ratings than that this year.

EDIT: Here's the formula for QB rating' http://www.nfl.com/help/quarterbackratingformula

The highest possible rating is 158.3.

t

Moves
24 Sep 12
2 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
Moron, that is NOT the QB rating that is complied by the league and the official measure of QB efficiency but something called the "Total QB rating" recently developed by some stat guys. You should have been able to figure that out because the maximum TQBR is 100 and 9 Quarterbacks have higher QB ratings than that this year.
This is what I thought was being talked about... why use the league rating when it sucks.

The first thing it says is that it only rates passers not quarterbacks.....

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Sep 12

This is what I was talking about in my original post numbnuts.
Romo did NOT get a 75 TQBR in that game, so you are either; 1) Now lying; or B) Misinformed. In fact, his TOBR in that game was 43.4 (below average) and his QB rating was 75.1 (also below average).http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320923006

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Sep 12

This is what I thought was being talked about... why use the league rating when it sucks.

The first thing it says is that it only rates passers not quarterbacks.....
LMAO! It rates how QB perform throwing passes not the intangibles it discusses.

t

Moves
24 Sep 12

Romo did NOT get a 75 TQBR in that game, so you are either; 1) Now lying; or B) Misinformed. In fact, his TOBR in that game was 43.4 (below average) and his QB rating was 75.1 (also below average).http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320923006
How so? If I thought that was what we were talking about from the original post that brought it up? I was not misinformed just under informed. This is a forum where the regular posters (such as you whom I normally agree with about sports except when it comes to my team which is obvious home team bias) generally use the best statistical anlysis... not the league analysis.

t

Moves
24 Sep 12
2 edits

LMAO! It rates how QB perform throwing passes not the intangibles it discusses.
The total QBR doesn't really use intagibles either... it just gives credit where credit is due.

The league QB rating doesn't care if you throw a screen pass for a 99 yard td where the reciever breaks 5 tackles or if you hit your reciever in stride at the 50 yard line with a perfect pass that allows him to run untouched to the endzone. It also doesn't seem to care how mobile the QB is... one QB gets sacked 5 times against a certain defense while a team with a comparable O line only see their QB get sacked once or twice.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Sep 12

The total QBR doesn't really use intagibles either... it just gives credit where credit is due.

The league QB rating doesn't care if you throw a screen pass for a 99 yard td where the reciever breaks 5 tackles or if you hit your reciever in stride at the 50 yard line with a perfect pass that allows him to run untouched to the endzone.
I'm not discussing the merits of either rating system. The point is you apparently thought Romo got a 75 rating in TQBR when that was actually his standard QB rating. From there you claimed he scored far higher than the "average" 50. But you are confused; Romo's 75 rating was in the standard QB rating and was below average. His TOBR rating in the game was 43.4 also below average.

t

Moves
24 Sep 12

I'm not discussing the merits of either rating system. The point is you apparently thought Romo got a 75 rating in TQBR when that was actually his standard QB rating. From there you claimed he scored far higher than the "average" 50. But you are confused; Romo's 75 rating was in the standard QB rating and was below average. His TOBR rating in the game was 43.4 also below average.
Yes, I see that now. I just don't get why anybody discussing sports outside of paid NFL pundits would use anything other than the TQBR.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
02 Oct 12

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Romo not up to his usual gaudy numbers, but indeed not a terrible performance!
Tony Romo put up some gaudy numbers against the Bears tonight.

As I said before...he is nowhere close to an elite QB.

Moves
02 Oct 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Tony Romo put up some gaudy numbers against the Bears tonight.

As I said before...he is nowhere close to an elite QB.
I think what you're trying to say is - Another piss ass performance from Romo tonight, not sure whose fault the first interception TD was but i'm blaming Romo.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
02 Oct 12

Dallas as a team are quite an enigma.. they can look so good, then play so terrible. Vegas must have a heckuva time with them..

I do think Romo is quite "muddy" as a QB. He does have some epic interceptions in his career.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
02 Oct 12

Originally posted by Trev33
I think what you're trying to say is - Another piss ass performance from Romo tonight, not sure whose fault the first interception TD was but i'm blaming Romo.
How about the other 4 interceptions???

Moves
02 Oct 12

All his fault but this one looked like a pass for the interception...

s

Moves
03 Oct 12

I would make a case for all the interceptions being Romo's fault. IN the first one he should have noticed that moron Dez Bryant had run the wrong route and thrown the ball away. All the others were his usual Jekyll/Hyde kind of throws, easy to tip into the wrong hands.The performance against TB was not terrible, just not very good. The one against Chicago was clearly awful. That's his second career five INT game. Most certainly not an elite QB. Romo is good at moving the ball, terrible at closing the deal and his December #'s are never good at all. He has lots of growing up to do and Cowboys need to dump Dez Bryant!