1. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 17:21
    Originally posted by boarman
    They should of picked Harmison, his pace and bounce worries the Aussies.He also possesses a bit of arrogance , whereas Swann and Broad are more of your mummies boys.
    ???

Harmison might have done well here, but I wouldn't call him arrogant.

Swann however, is a right cocky little sod. Always has been, apparently, according to someone I know who knew him when he was a kid.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 00:37
    Originally posted by Crowley
    ...it might just have given the English belief, so the series might be closer than it should have been.
    Crowley is right again.

It's a curse, really.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 18:30
    Aussies put to the sword. Can it get any better?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 11:51
    Where have the Aussies gone?
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 13:08
    LOL, the Aussies should probably just bat Johnson at 5.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 15:02
    Aussies still looking good to win series. They were closer than it seemed to pulling of a record-breaking win.
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 20:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    They were closer than it seemed to pulling of a record-breaking win.
    Not really, but keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep.
    The Aussies were never in this test, because your dumbass captain gave away the first test and gave the English momentum and newfound belief.

I don't wanna say "I told you so", but there you have it.
    Now the English papers are probably screaming "Freddie power" and "The spell is broken". The English with thousands of drunk poms behind them singing at full volume will be a difficult mountain to climb.
  8. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 21:58
    The Aussies were never in this test, because your dumbass captain gave away the first test and gave the English momentum and newfound belief.

Now the English papers are probably screaming "Freddie power" and "The spell is broken". ...[text shortened]... s of drunk poms behind them singing at full volume will be a difficult mountain to climb.
    I actually agree with you here (on one point) The Aussies were never in this test. Making 215 chasing 425 in the first innings just doesn't cut it. It was great to see some fight but 522 was far to many to chase down.

However, your second point really leaves you with no credibility. How did Ponting "give away" the first test? He did it perfectly.. but unfortunately the bowlers couldn't get that last wicket.. 11 overs is more than enough to get a 10 or 11 out. ...but as we said earlier, credit to the English for hanging on. And "hanging onto" a draw isn't exactly gaining momentum! England would have much more momentum after finishing this match off and going into the 3rd test than anything they gained from the from the 1st test going into the 2nd.

And seriously mate, wait till your own country wins something before passing judgement on anyone else.. especially a team that has dominated your sorry team for so long. Added to that, South Africa don't have a winning mentality.. that's clearly shown in their inability to win anything of significance (eg. World Cups, claiming the No 1 test position earlier this year when THEY had all the momentum!) 'nuff said really..
  9. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 03:48
    Well done England, out played us in all facets in that test.
    We were poo in the bowling department and awful in the first innings at bat.
    Where the hell is Stuart Clarke? He injured or someting?
    Dare i say it.......Bring Back Warnie!
    I'm sure there are a couple of phone numbers of English women he has'nt got yet.
  10. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 05:31
    Oh yeah.. clever! 🙄

He could be our next all-rounder.. if only he could take some wickets!
  11. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 09:06
    Originally posted by AussieG
    Oh yeah.. clever! 🙄

He could be our next all-rounder.. if only he could take some wickets!
    "Spearhead" Johnson as Roy and H.G call him!
    What happened to his bowling? It was good in South Africa.
    The spanker is either getting too much from his model girlfriend or getting brow beaten by his mum who is fighting with his girlfriend publicly.
    I want line and length bowling and i want it now godamnit!
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 09:15
    Originally posted by AussieG
    I actually agree with you here (on one point) The Aussies were never in this test. Making 215 chasing 425 in the first innings just doesn't cut it. It was great to see some fight but 522 was far to many to chase down.

However, your second point really leaves you with no credibility. How did Ponting "give away" the first test? He did it perfectly.. but unf ...[text shortened]... test position earlier this year when THEY had all the momentum!) 'nuff said really..
    Your captain threw away an almost sure test win in order to let Haddin get a century. Don't look at the last session, none of us can see the future.
    Ponting needed to make sure his bowlers had enough time and the scoreboard after 5 days shows he made a mistake, as the English weren't bowled out.
    This gave the English belief and momentum, meaning where the Aussies should have been possibly two-nil up, they are currently chasing the ashes.

Ooh, a little bitter barb there. LOL. You lot are so touchy sometimes, for a country that almost prides itself on their chirping abilities.

We choke in World Cups, and it hurts to be the best side in a competition and not win it. I'm sure the All Black rugby boys will agree there.
    Still, I'm happy with my boys being the best cricketing side in the world at the moment 😏
  13. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 09:49
    Since England got enough to make Australia bat again in the first test, it's far from clear that an earlier declaration would have won the game.

The difference in this test was Australia's poor bowling on the first day that allowed England to get a big first-wicket partnership. From that point onwards it was pretty even, but that was too much to come back from.
  14. e4
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 21:24
    Hi - found this item on another site.

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/other-sports/123000-andrew-flintoff-gets-ready-for-ashes-by-playing-chess.html

Flintoff used CHESS to beat the Aussie's.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 00:10

Now the English papers are probably screaming "Freddie power" and "The spell is broken". ...[text shortened]... s of drunk poms behind them singing at full volume will be a difficult mountain to climb.
    First of all there was another toss lost. Are you going to tell me that doesn't have anything to do with it?
    Then again there is a talented aussie team that play better than england,generally. Unless they shoot themselves in the foot,(like in the firsrt innings)
    I was told there was no way N.S.W. could win the third state of origon rugby league match because it was in QLD and the home fans would be too 'pro-QLD'.Well N.S.W. did win. It was a matter of the cream rising to the top when it really mattered. I suspect it will be the same for australia vs england in the third test.
    Then again ,have your moment, you deserve it,and if you win back the ashes thats cool too. you will deserve it. Hopefully because England played out of their skins and not because australia try to hook everything to the boundary!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree