1. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 04:11
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Flintoff used CHESS to beat the Aussie's.
    So does that mean that if Ponting plays chess, he'll beat the English?

Please excuse my ignorance here but could you explain to me how chess and cricket are related? Or how one influences the other?

That'd be pretty cool! πŸ˜‰
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 09:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    First of all there was another toss lost. Are you going to tell me that doesn't have anything to do with it?
    Then again there is a talented aussie team that play better than england,generally. Unless they shoot themselves in the foot,(like in the firsrt innings)
    I was told there was no way N.S.W. could win the third state of origon rugby league match ...[text shortened]... d played out of their skins and not because australia try to hook everything to the boundary!
    Of course the toss makes a difference, but then your theory of the Aussies being overall better falls on it's ass (like most of your post does in any case).

I'm not English. I don't give a toss who wins the little urn.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 14:34
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Of course the toss makes a difference, but then your theory of the Aussies being overall better falls on it's ass (like most of your post does in any case).

I'm not English. I don't give a toss who wins the little urn.
    you're not English!
    Lol! they have another soldier in you.
    God save the English cricket team, because their skills are sure to let them down.
    He,He at you Crowley , of all things good and uncowardly, I'm not scared to say where my loyalties lie-even if it is one set of bufoons set against another however you, after all your comment, choose now to sit on the fence.

or is that not it? What? What is it Crowley? I cant hear you. The English supporters are demanding an explanation.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 20:36
    you're not English!
    Lol! they have another soldier in you.
    God save the English cricket team, because their skills are sure to let them down.
    He,He at you Crowley , of all things good and uncowardly, I'm not scared to say where my loyalties lie-even if it is one set of bufoons set against another however you, after all your comment, choose now to sit ...[text shortened]... hat? What is it Crowley? I cant hear you. The English supporters are demanding an explanation.
    Yes, I'm South African. Hell, English isn't even my first language.
    I'm a South African impartial cricket lover, so I comment on the ashes. Why do I need to 'choose a side'?

Did you forget your pills this morning? If you're not on any, maybe go and see a doctor. Soon.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 01:05
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Yes, I'm South African. Hell, English isn't even my first language.
    I'm a South African impartial cricket lover, so I comment on the ashes. Why do I need to 'choose a side'?

Did you forget your pills this morning? If you're not on any, maybe go and see a doctor. Soon.
    he,heπŸ™‚
    Your not the first to tell me to see a doctor.
    No you dont need to choose a side but I assume you go for South Africa when they are playing.
    Also it would seem you support England over Australia.
    So whats your prediction for the third test?
    mine is aussies win by an inningsπŸ˜‰
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 16:033 edits
    Phil Hughes out???
    Well there goes one of my predictions. Game just starting now. ..and Watson has a run!
    This could be a worse Aussie team in my opinion. With Haddin out as well.
    Anyway I still stand by my predictions.😏(but if there is any more rain obviously the innings win will be in severe doubt)
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 17:13
    Phil Hughes out???
    Well there goes one of my predictions. Game just starting now. ..and Watson has a run!
    This could be a worse Aussie team in my opinion. With Haddin out as well.
    Anyway I still stand by my predictions.😏(but if there is any more rain obviously the innings win will be in severe doubt)
    more rain is coming...bookies has the draw at 8/13....i would take that. a draw is good for england they won't be doing anything silly trying to win....
  8. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 15:31
    Well, the innings victory is looking pretty remote now.
  9. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 20:53
    Sure thing. Aus lost 9 wickets for something like 150 runs. England started pretty well, so looks like a draw especially with the weather. This is a mediocre Aussie side compared with what's come past.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 00:26
    What was Hussey thinking? He's got to stop doing that . Better to play and edge one to slips.Less embaressing.
    I still think this Aussie team has great potential and I will stand by my last prediction: aus2-1. But every session the chances of me being right get more unlikely.
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 02:07
    Originally posted by trev33
    aus 3-0
    😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 02:46
    Aussies doing well in fourth test. Ball swinging around. Hussey got dudded. England bowled crap. Batted even worse.
    The Aussies should win this one pretty easily but it is cricket after all.
    Why didn't England bowl first? It would've given them a better chance to prolong the game,and hence go a long way to winning the series.
    Anyway I would like to see Australia win it and not England lose it.
    Why wasn't Clark in the team from the start? I reckon our little panel here could have done a good a job as the Aussie selectors so far!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 11:35
    Aussies looking good, 4 for 293, Clarke heading for a hundred!
  14. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 11:441 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Aussies looking good, 4 for 293, Clarke heading for a hundred!
    At this point, I don't care who wins...I just wished they'd put subtitles up for when Michael Holding speaks, having trouble understanding his accent 😠
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 13:20
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    At this point, I don't care who wins...I just wished they'd put subtitles up for when Michael Holding speaks, having trouble understanding his accent 😠
    never mind that, im making a 'rang' (thats boomerang to you townies), to commemorate and celebrate this recent success in the Ashes, it shall have an emblem of the Australian desert hawk embossed in the middle in reflection of the English wickets that have fallen, 'in clumps'. hehe!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree