1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 06:38
    Originally posted by sh76
    I'll bet it will be even sweeter when and if you find an American who gives a hoot.
    You're posting in this thread, aren't you?

Now it's the players, their moms, and you.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 06:391 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    This was the C team indeed. Confederations Cup much more important. This is Mexico's 1st victory on US soil in ten years! Against the C team. Not much to be proud of.
    And do you think it was Mexico's 'A' team?

Dude, it's cool to know about footie before posting about it.

Mexico left home: Osorio, Márquez, Maza, Salcido, Galindo, Dueñas, Guardado, Arce, Castillo, Blanco, Bravo, and Arellano.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 06:40
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Congrats. We can still beat you in hockey.
    Argh! You're right 😞
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 06:48
    America-bashing
    [whisper] Up the bum [/whisper]

*giggles*
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 11:24
    I'm from the USA but I'm sure that this is a source of great celebration and pride for the Mexican people. Hat's off to them...We'll getcha next year in Mexico City. Now even some soccer bashers might get a bit excited over that one.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 11:31
    Originally posted by Seitse
    And do you think it was Mexico's 'A' team?

Dude, it's cool to know about footie before posting about it.

Mexico left home: Osorio, Márquez, Maza, Salcido, Galindo, Dueñas, Guardado, Arce, Castillo, Blanco, Bravo, and Arellano.
    Yeah they left home the old guys! Blanco is too decrepit to play. So it was Mexico's B team. Still one up in category. We'll see in Mexico City. A vs, A!
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 12:201 edit
    I'm from the USA but I'm sure that this is a source of great celebration and pride for the Mexican people. Hat's off to them...We'll getcha next year in Mexico City. Now even some soccer bashers might get a bit excited over that one.
    Next year?

In August 2009 is the real deal, my friend. I just hope that, if something goes wrong for the Green Mice, the yanks around here will show more class than I, lol

πŸ™‚
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 12:22
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    We'll see in Mexico City. A vs, A!
    That's exactly what I'm telling badmoon.

I'm way nervous!

On the one hand I want the mexican football mafia to miss the chance of cashing in with the dreams and hopes of millions of Mexicans (aka Mexico not going to the world cup).

On the other one... oh well, footie is footie, and the national team is, well, the national team.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 13:08
    You're posting in this thread, aren't you?

Now it's the players, their moms, and you.
    I posted on the thread because you took a gratuitous shot at the US, not because I care about a game that I didn't even know was being played until I saw the thread.

Oh, and it's probably only one or two of the Moms that cared. The rest of the Moms were probably busy watching the Yankees or the Red Sox or the Cubs games, or maybe college LaCrosse replays from the 1997 Ivy League tournament.
  10. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 13:38
    I'll be happy if the US manages a draw on Aug. 12.
  11. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 15:51
    Next year?

In August 2009 is the real deal, my friend. I just hope that, if something goes wrong for the Green Mice, the yanks around here will show more class than I, lol

πŸ™‚
    I must confess that primarily I focus on the World cup. the other events take me by chance - I really don't know the schedule or signicance of the various tournaments. The qualifying is in Mexico City. I had the date wrong, indeed.
  12. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 01:56
    I thought the last tournament wher the USA got 2nd was a big one. Is this one more important?
    Confederation Cup is not much more than an exhibition tournament, they needed to promote soccer in SA as no one still gives a damn about the next world championships.
    The gave out free tickets because no one was going to watch the games, go figure.......
    CC came after all major tournaments ended and players were only waiting for some holidays, the play was really sloppy except Brazil who would play for the win even in an amateur tournament.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 06:401 edit
    I posted on the thread because you took a gratuitous shot at the US, not because I care about a game that I didn't even know was being played until I saw the thread.
    This post of yours is from now on my official nomination to...

*drumroll*

RHP's 2009 Most Ridiculous Post
    (Category: "Uncle Sam told me to do it!" )

Congratulations!

The winner gets a silver statue of a beef jerky. You can come to the ceremony wearing your John Deere baseball cap!
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 06:44
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    I'll be happy if the US manages a draw on Aug. 12.
    I don't know what to expect, really.

It all depends if the "aging boys from Europe" (namely Márquez, Guardado, Osorio and Salgado) have the same pace of the likes of Donovan, Beasley, and Dempsey.

I am worried about rhythm. Should the coach line-up the same as this weekend simply because of it? Man, the million dollar question.
  15. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 10:50
    I don't know what to expect, really.

It all depends if the "aging boys from Europe" (namely Márquez, Guardado, Osorio and Salgado) have the same pace of the likes of Donovan, Beasley, and Dempsey.

I am worried about rhythm. Should the coach line-up the same as this weekend simply because of it? Man, the million dollar question.
    Absolutely good questions, the same of which could be asked of the US. With the likes of Donovan, Beasley, etc coming in to the squad, what sort of tactical shifts can we expect from coach Bradley? The US was playing a lot of over the top during the Gold Cup, looking for the long diagonals. I don't think that's going to get a positive result in Mexico City.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree