USA out of the Wold Cup !!

USA out of the Wold Cup !!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/football/a-week-in-the-life-of-the-nfl-1.9218497

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/football/a-week-in-the-life-of-the-nfl-1.9218497
Ahhh......you do know how to use google.

So are you looking forward to watching the football world cup next year ??

st johnstone

Moves
23 Oct 17

For someone on a poor teachers pay
Who does not have cable or Internet access
You seem to be on here a lot
Do you live in a library?
Or use free WiFi at McDonald's as you train your fat football team.

E

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @roma45
For someone on a poor teachers pay
Who does not have cable or Internet access
You seem to be on here a lot
Do you live in a library?
Or use free WiFi at McDonald's as you train your fat football team.
As I said, cell phone.

At the moment I am at the library.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
24 Oct 17

As I said, cell phone.

At the moment I am at the library.
Is the librarian really young and cute or something?

st johnstone

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @radioactive69
Is the librarian really young and cute or something?
There might be a schoolgirl sprinters meeting in the library.

Moves
26 Oct 17

Not sure what my age has to do with the USA football team failing to qualify for the world cup.
Maybe if they did less weights and more ball practice they would have been there.

Did you ever coach a championship team?
The proper reaction to the US team not making the world cup is "WHO CARES?"
Clearly the rest of the world doesn't. Well, we don't either. I remember seeing the Iranians celebrating a victory over the US a few years back and the average American reaction was , "We have a soccer team?"

st johnstone

Moves
26 Oct 17

Originally posted by @buzz-meeks
Clearly the rest of the world doesn't. Well, we don't either. I remember seeing the Iranians celebrating a victory over the US a few years back and the average American reaction was , "We have a soccer team?"
The average American also voted for trump
So the rest of the world knows how daft the average Americans are

Moves
26 Oct 17

The game that you are referring to was almost 20 years ago, in the 1998 World Cup

The previous World Cup was held in USA (in 1994). That WC was very well attended (one assumes mostly by US citizens). For example, in the 16 games from the 'last 16' round up to the final, all games had over 50 000 spectators, many had over 75 000

I do not know how many of these were 'average Americans', but to pretend that there was absolutely no interest in that WC and football (soccer) in the US in the 90's would seem somewhat false.

Moves
26 Oct 17

The average American also voted for trump
So the rest of the world knows how daft the average Americans are
Funny how the only defense you have of soccer is to attack something American. Face it; it's dull and boring and the players hit the ball with their own heads. I guess it's undefendable as an actual sport. (PS-I don't normally troll anyone for any reason but soccer is one thing I can't resist. Of course it's also easier to do when the other side attacks things you don't care about like American football or politics-heh heh)

st johnstone

Moves
26 Oct 17

Funny how the only defense you have of soccer is to attack something American. Face it; it's dull and boring and the players hit the ball with their own heads. I guess it's undefendable as an actual sport. (PS-I don't normally troll anyone for any reason but soccer is one thing I can't resist. Of course it's also easier to do when the other side attacks things you don't care about like American football or politics-heh heh)
Players head the ball without being padded it wearing crash helmets.
Football is the best supported and played game in the world. And going by the amount of USA teams and full stadium's. I think you are in a minority with your views.
But if you don't care about football why even bother to comment
I notice you did not reply to blood on the tracks valid point about the 1994 world cup in the USA?
I wonder why

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
26 Oct 17
1 edit

Players head the ball without being padded it wearing crash helmets.
Football is the best supported and played game in the world. And going by the amount of USA teams and full stadium's. I think you are in a minority with your views.
I notice you did not reply to blood on the tracks valid point about the 1994 world cup in the USA?
I wonder why
Buzz joined the site 11 years ago. Never been a subscriber. Played 65 games in total.

Tight ass troll !!!

P.s Gave BOTT a thumbs up. Wonders will never cease.

st johnstone

Moves
26 Oct 17

Originally posted by @radioactive69
Buzz joined the site 11 years ago. Never been a subscriber. Played 65 games in total.

Tight ass troll !!!

P.s Gave BOTT a thumbs up. Wonders will never cease.
All quiet from the wannabe librarian?
Perhaps banned when they enforced their no hobos policy

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
27 Oct 17

All quiet from the wannabe librarian?
Perhaps banned when they enforced their no hobos policy
I got told from a reliable source that a certain poster (I won't name names) is now banned from the library. Apparently they had a young schoolgirl working in there picking up and putting away books. They cottoned on after a while that this freak was purposely leaving books on the floor so he could see down her top when she picked them up. True story they say but I'm keeping out of it.

Moves
27 Oct 17

I wonder why[/b]
I didn't reply to blood on the tracks because I can't be bothered to check his figures to see if he's right or not. Mainly because I don't care. Granted there are more immigrants in the US now than ever and they have brought a love for soccer with them, but they only cheer for the teams from their own original counties, not the US team so the apathy here remains. It is also true that so many parents here have been taking their daughters to soccer games for a couple of generations now so the girls have grown up as soccer fans but they are just reliving their 9 year old youth. I actually tried to enjoy soccer some years ago and I'll tell you the one thing that ruined it for me forever. Not being familiar with all the rules or nuances of the game I saw a "play" where the ball was kicked from one player to another toward the goal and the defender moved AWAY from the ball making the second player offsides. I was astounded at that! I am sure soccer fans will say it was a brilliant defensive ploy but to me it was cowardice. You run AWAY from the ball and the OTHER guy is in vioation of the rules. Absurd! It could not have been any more clear to me at that point that Americans would never take to such a sissy boy game. Running away. Imagine that. The offside rule is obviously terrible. Do it like Hockey or something....anything....but that's ridiculous.