1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 04:182 edits
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    9 year old girls hey.......no wonder the USA women's football team is ranked no 1.
    The world should actually be glad American boys don't give a crap about soccer. If they cared like girls do, the U.S. would dominate every World Cup from now until the next ice age. Just like the Olympics.
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 06:54
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Over here Gridiron is a sport for the fat kids and the totally unsporting kids. They only have to exert themselves for 10 seconds then take a break for a few minutes.

Ever wondered why no other country in the world plays gridiron. Answer.....most countries don't have as many obese inactive people.

Over here in Oz we like to play sports that take ...[text shortened]... of sweat.

9 year old girls hey.......no wonder the USA women's football team is ranked no 1.
    Another one
    Why are grid iron fans obsessed with young school girls?
    Creepy or what?
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 07:40
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Another one
    Why are grid iron fans obsessed with young school girls?
    Creepy or what?
    If it wasn't for the cheer girls I doubt anyone would go to watch it. What are you going to do with yourself for 3 hours 50 minutes of the 4 hours it takes to play the stupid game other than stuff as many corn dogs as you can into you. Cheer girls, take a bow......ohhh...but not too close to Mr Eladar.....stay well clear of him if you're going to bow.
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 07:52
    Originally posted by @vivify
    The world should actually be glad American boys don't give a crap about soccer. If they cared like girls do, the U.S. would dominate every World Cup from now until the next ice age. Just like the Olympics.
    Yes we're all lucky they're too busy playing with each other, especially in Calafornica.

America has been gripped in the "ice age" for years now. It's taken over from the "cocaine age".

It's common knowledge that the greatest sporting country in the world per capita is Australia or New Zealand. The difference between sport in my country and in yours is that we are clean. Go you Aussies !!!

Have a nice day !!!!!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 08:46
    [i]Originally posted by @radioactive69

It's common knowledge that the greatest sporting country in the world per capita is Australia or New Zealand.
    Hi there Champ.

You got a link that confirms this? I would be interested to know if it can be substantiated - the only information that I can find is based on the Olympics.

Not having a 'go', just genuinely interested.
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 09:00
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Hi there Champ.

You got a link that confirms this? I would be interested to know if it can be substantiated - the only information that I can find is based on the Olympics.

Not having a 'go', just genuinely interested.
    Hey POB

Here's just a few of them

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/11/02/who-is-the-greatest-sporting-nation-in-the-world/

https://www.thetoptens.com/sports-countries/

If you want some more let me know. I'll post them up for you.

With the Commonwealth Games coming up soon I was just taking a squiz at the all time medals table. Even though we have under half your population we have won almost 200 gold medals than your lot.

I'm glad your lot won the last games as after the Aussies had won 6 in a row it was becoming quite monotonous. We should win these games quite easily though but I hope your boys and girls can give us a bit of competition.

Australia.......what a country. Wouldn't swap it for anywhere.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 09:111 edit
    Cheers, Champ

I looked up the 'top tens' one, and it was just an arbitrary list of sporting nations put in some random order, with a writer extolling each of their 'choices'. Sadly lacking in facts.

Guess it is quite a hard fact to clarify, with different countries having different sporting focus.

Oz v big on cricket and rugby league, neither of which (sadly, no sarcasm meant there) are not high profile sports on the WORLD stage.

I thought Oz were generally recognised to have performed poorly at recent Olympics? Maybe the Commonwealth Games will be a success for you!

PS POB??? What's that?
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 09:321 edit
    Cheers, Champ

I looked up the 'top tens' one, and it was just an arbitrary list of sporting nations put in some random order, with a writer extolling each of their 'choices'. Sadly lacking in facts.

Guess it is quite a hard fact to clarify, with different countries having different sporting focus.

Oz v big on cricket and rugby league ...[text shortened]... Olympics? Maybe the Commonwealth Games will be a success for you!

PS POB??? What's that?
    Yes we're kinda in that place that your lot were in in 2000 where the Aussies finished 4th and Great britain (4 counties combined and a population almost 3 times that of Australia) finished 10th.

We were in a bit of a down but as you say success in the Commonwealth Games will change our fortunes. Yes, winners of 6 out of the last 7 Commonwealth Games should answer your question. 7 of 8 soon.

You guys are pretty good at darts and snooker. You have us covered there.

POB.......your kickname.....pimple on bum
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 09:48
    Ah, that nickname used by......, well, just you, actually. Sad.

Anyway, asked the question in good nature, shame you couldn't respond in the same way.

No link to tables with actual figures, Champ?

Leave you to it
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 09:54
    Ah, that nickname used by......, well, just you, actually. Sad.

Anyway, asked the question in good nature, shame you couldn't respond in the same way.

No link to tables with actual figures, Champ?

Leave you to it
    I answered in good nature. Shame you are so touchy.

I got your nickname from one of your mates. Apparently all your friends call you that. Where did you think I got it from.

Ashes up next. Aussies looking like winning 5-0. Happy days !!!!

So what did you think of the Wallabies knocking off the almost unbeatable All Blacks ? Mighty performance in anyone's books.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 10:281 edit
    You reckon losing a Test vs Bangladesh is setting you up for a 5-0 in the Ashes? Thought that was the nadir, total humiliation? Or is that just when it happens to England?

A more informative form guide might be SA. They visited you less than a year ago, won 2-1. Visited us in the Summer, lost 3-1.

NZ v Oz? Hadn't the whole thing already been decided, with NZ again romping home? Did they give lots of 3rd teamers caps in a dead game? Want to look back at some scores earlier in the competition when the tournament was still alive?

And the Lions already know what it is like to win in NZ. Did it it in the Summer in a very much alive game.
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 11:27
    You reckon losing a Test vs Bangladesh is setting you up for a 5-0 in the Ashes? Thought that was the nadir, total humiliation? Or is that just when it happens to England?

A more informative form guide might be SA. They visited you less than a year ago, won 2-1. Visited us in the Summer, lost 3-1.

NZ v Oz? Hadn't the whole thing already ...[text shortened]... ns already know what it is like to win in NZ. Did it it in the Summer in a very much alive game.
    The lions are a team of 4 top tier rugby countries countries combined. The best players from England Scotland Wales and Ireland. Theoretically they should beat any team. But they don't. I believe England beat the All Blacks........... just before Noah sailed his ark.

What a game those Aussies had. Up to no.3 in the world and rising. Champions !!!
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 11:50
    I am a citizen of the UK. See my flag.

We haven't played All Blacks as England a lot recently. They are an awesome team who are clearly world number 1. You say you are #3? Hmmmm. Wonder who #2 might be?

I suspect a more accurate comparison would be NZs 54-34 win in Oz earlier this year, or last seasons 42-8 drubbing, also in Oz. Ouch!
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:331 edit
    I am a citizen of the UK. See my flag.

We haven't played All Blacks as England a lot recently. They are an awesome team who are clearly world number 1. You say you are #3? Hmmmm. Wonder who #2 might be?

I suspect a more accurate comparison would be NZs 54-34 win in Oz earlier this year, or last seasons 42-8 drubbing, also in Oz. Ouch!
    You're only as good as your last game........and gaw blimey me matey.....we knocked off the no 1's. Yes your lot are no. 2's. Certainly smell that way for sure.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:381 edit
    This from the sports 'expert' who declared 'history is everything'. Can dig that quote out if you want further humiliation.

Just to win a v easy argument, what was all that garbage about the Commonwealth Games then, Champ?

You have just torpedoed all of your meticulous research. You admit we outperformed you in the last Games.

Only as good as your last (Commonwealth) game(s)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree