1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 13:28
    Originally posted by @vivify
    No, baseball is incredibly dull. So is soccer.
    compared to Quidditch?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 15:17
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    compared to Quidditch?
    I've never seen Harry Potter, so I had to Google it.

If Quidditch were a sport, I wonder if there'd be 'roid scandals of users boosting their magic.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 15:20
    No, baseball is incredibly dull. So is soccer.
    Soccer, baseball, tennis, bowling, golf and many other sports are very boring to watch. If you consider chess a sport, then you can put that in there too. I'm not big on hockey either, and car racing is for the birds.

Of course I am talking about for most people. There will always be fans, but for non fans these are very boring sports to watch.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Soccer, baseball, tennis, bowling, golf and many other sports are very boring to watch. If you consider chess a sport, then you can put that in there too. I'm not big on hockey either, and car racing is for the birds.

Of course I am talking about for most people. There will always be fans, but for non fans these are very boring sports to watch.
    I like watching tennis.

Bowling is fun to watch for brief periods of time. At most, I can only watch one standard game; however, I rarely even make it that far, on the few occasions I happened to catch it. One of the most baffling things I've ever seen, was a bowling match on ESPN that actually had cheerleaders who jumped up and down excitedly whenever there was a strike.

Golf is boring, but when in the right mood, on a relaxing weekend with a beer, watching it on TV can be pretty peaceful, though I'd never watch it in person.

I can only watch chess if I'm there with people I know, like at my barber shop. As far as watching it on TV, I can only watch it if it's blitz.

I actually do enjoy watching baseball the playoffs. There's an excitement to the game that's sorely missing during the regular season.

Soccer is fun to watch during the World Cup, if I'm around other soccer fans rooting for their home country. I once watched such a game with Nigerians cheering for their nation. That was a lot of fun.
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 17:16
    I was good enough to get called up for 1st division. Central midfielder.
    A few goal assists and long range strikes in my time.
    Very impressive
    I never made out of the pub leagues
    Was it in England?
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 17:39
    I like watching tennis.

Bowling is fun to watch for brief periods of time. At most, I can only watch one standard game; however, I rarely even make it that far, on the few occasions I happened to catch it. One of the most baffling things I've ever seen, was a bowling match on ESPN that actually had cheerleaders who jumped up and down excitedly wheneve ...[text shortened]... y. I once watched such a game with Nigerians cheering for their nation. That was a lot of fun.
    Hanging around bars with Nigerians

Far too much information
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 20:13
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Hanging around bars with Nigerians

Far too much information
    Who said anything about a bar? I was at the home of some Nigerian friends.
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 23:48
    Who said anything about a bar? I was at the home of some Nigerian friends.
    Did you tell them it's not football but soccer and how boring the game is?
    I think not
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 00:13
    Soccer is so boring that quite often you'll hear a drunken crowd just start singing about nothing.
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 03:34
    Soccer is so boring that quite often you'll hear a drunken crowd just start singing about nothing.
    I understand now why Americans are so obese. When you go out to a game there are so many breaks with nothing to do or see so you stuff your faces with weenies (are those hotdogs?) and corn dogs (couldn't even imagine what they are) or other disgusting food things that I have no idea about.

They should make eating a sport. The USA would win the world cup in that for sure.
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:30
    Songs are a huge part of a game.
    But you lot actually pay for young girls in short skirts to be cheerleaders. Strange very strange.

Oh and the one song you do your players show disrespect to your national anthem
    Must be great day out.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 17:041 edit
    I've never seen Harry Potter, so I had to Google it.

If Quidditch were a sport, I wonder if there'd be 'roid scandals of users boosting their magic.
    I meant like what sport IS NOT boring like soccer?

edit: Tennis you say?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 17:10
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Very impressive
    I never made out of the pub leagues
    Was it in England?
    Australia.
    In Murwillumbah I started playing for a 3rd (and lowest) division. After 4 or 5 games the 1st division team asked me if I would play striker for them.
    In Brisbane I started playing 5th division. After 2 months I was offered a spot in the !st division team due to another guy's injury. I kept my place in that side for the rest of the season. I think we came 3rd out of 14 or so.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 17:12
    Mate, you are too effin' funny.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Oct '17 14:53
    I meant like what sport IS NOT boring like soccer?

edit: Tennis you say?
    In tennis, there's never more than a few seconds before someone scores (love, 15, breakpoints, etc.). It usually doesn't take very long for someone to actually win a point. It can take a while for a set to be won, but there's lots of action and scoring in the meantime.

That's unlike soccer, where it's not unusual for a game to end with a score of 0-0.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree