1. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:40
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    I am a citizen of the UK. See my flag.

We haven't played All Blacks as England a lot recently. They are an awesome team who are clearly world number 1. You say you are #3? Hmmmm. Wonder who #2 might be?

I suspect a more accurate comparison would be NZs 54-34 win in Oz earlier this year, or last seasons 42-8 drubbing, also in Oz. Ouch!
    In the last 15 matches your lot have played against the All Blacks you've managed to beat them............once........yes that's right.......once.......in 15 matches.
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:42
    This from the sports 'expert' who declared 'history is everything'. Can dig that quote out if you want further humiliation.

Just to win a v easy argument, what was all that garbage about the Commonwealth Games then, Champ?

You have just torpedoed all of your meticulous research. You admit we outperformed you in the last Games.

Only as good as your last (Commonwealth) game(s)
    So you're agreeing with me then.

Well done.....that wasn't hard was it.

Daddy would be so proud.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:42
    Which 'lot' you focussing on, Champ?

If England, that 'one' was epic. Ended their long winning sequence.

Thought you were Oz? What is the recent England v Oz rugby union record? Last 4 games?
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 13:10
    Which 'lot' you focussing on, Champ?

If England, that 'one' was epic. Ended their long winning sequence.

Thought you were Oz? What is the recent England v Oz rugby union record? Last 4 games?
    One in 15 "epic". man you are a dreamer.

Hey, you looking forward to seeing England totally humiliated by Australia in the opener of the World Cup on Friday. The pommies have 17 head start on the bookies over here. Nowhere near enough. Australia by 28.
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 13:141 edit
    Was having a search around to see what Great Britain were the World champions in. Found this article quite interesting. I found "pooh sticks" quite fascinating. Can understand why Great Britain are the champions of that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/10943662/Britain-can-still-be-sporting-champions...-in-tiddlywinks.html
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 14:08
    Originally posted by @vivify
    In tennis, there's never more than a few seconds before someone scores (love, 15, breakpoints, etc.). It usually doesn't take very long for someone to actually win a point. It can take a while for a set to be won, but there's lots of action and scoring in the meantime.

That's unlike soccer, where it's not unusual for a game to end with a score of 0-0.
    Yeah points happen real fast in tennis, like back a few years ago when the mens was dominated by big servers who would kill the point in one hit most times they served.

Thing is any sport is boring if you have no vested interest in it. If you bet on a game it will increase interest. If you have a friend plying or are a former player you'll be more interested. If you Don't invest any time into the dynamics of teams or understand what any stories of the players and coaches, you'll probably find any sport boring.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 14:11
    Originally posted by @roma45
    If only the 0-0 myth was true it would be easy to win money every week from the bookies.
    I suppose that's how they make billions from idiots like you who know nothing.
    In UK most common scores are 1-0 2-1 1-1.
    Maybe the game you saw with your Nigerian mates ended 0-0 I trust you told them how boring football is? Or you just a keyboard big mouth.

Football rules lame sissy padded rugby is for wimps and fat boys
    A nil all soccer match is usually better than a drubbing in just about any sport.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 14:29
    Did you miss my question on the last 4 england v Oz RU games? Cause you didn't. Chose not to answer. Good choice!

You've gone all random on me, Champ. I presume the 'rugby' reference is to Rugby League. It is a fairly minority sport over here, no idea what our prospects are. Could care even less.

You just enjoy those tightly contested scrums and in no way 'crooked feeds'. Why don't RL just redo the rules and have a 'play the ball' instead of a scrum. And you have to cough the ball up after 6 ( or 5, or 4?) tackles? No, sorry, you enjoy it, Champ. Not for me.
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 14:51
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yeah points happen real fast in tennis, like back a few years ago when the mens was dominated by big servers who would kill the point in one hit most times they served.

Thing is any sport is boring if you have no vested interest in it. If you bet on a game it will increase interest. If you have a friend plying or are a former player you'll be more ...[text shortened]... r understand what any stories of the players and coaches, you'll probably find any sport boring.
    I agree there.
    I have played cricket found it brilliant but really struggle to watch it though.
    I tried to watch the Superbowl once.
    Found it unwatchable. In the first hour it was talking with nothing happening on the field . Action replays of a foul
    Then they played spot the celebrity and had an argument with each other on what Cameron Diaz had to eat.
    Finally something happened. A guy did about ten laps if honour then hugged the coach removing helmet actually crying.
    The experts going mental saying it was the move of his life and he finally came good

He got a three yard gain imagine if he had actually scored
    I quickly reached for the off button.
    I find it hard to believe this so called sport has fans they must be easily entertained
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Thing is any sport is boring if you have no vested interest in it. If you bet on a game it will increase interest. If you have a friend plying or are a former player you'll be more interested. If you Don't invest any time into the dynamics of teams or understand what any stories of the players and coaches, you'll probably find any sport boring.
    Agreed. That's why I gave that example of when I was watching soccer with Nigerians. The sport took on a whole new life when watching it with die-hard fans.

Honestly, I have no problem with soccer. It's just fun to trash-talk.
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 16:04
    The sport took on a whole new life when watching it with die-hard fans.

Die hard fans?

Bruce Willis kicking terrorists butts is always good to watch
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 22:54
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Die hard fans?

Bruce Willis kicking terrorists butts is always good to watch
    Fair do's , Roma

That actually has an iota of wit!

Well done!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 04:141 edit
    Agreed. That's why I gave that example of when I was watching soccer with Nigerians. The sport took on a whole new life when watching it with die-hard fans.

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree