World Champion Cincinnati Reds

World Champion Cincinnati Reds

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
29 May 13

3 teams neck and neck in the National Central and each playing over 600.

Brutal, just brutal.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
29 May 13

A great piece of Reds history here......

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9319990/draft-eligible-players-how-scouts-percieve-their-shortcomings

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
30 May 13

Originally posted by shortcircuit
A great piece of Reds history here......

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9319990/draft-eligible-players-how-scouts-percieve-their-shortcomings
Actually, this is the video clip that talks about the Reds draft in 92.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9321370

w

Moves
31 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Actually, this is the video clip that talks about the Reds draft in 92.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9321370
My reaction is the same as Paul Oniell's.

In the clip, there is a man on second and Paul is fielding in right field. It is the bottom of the 9th and the Reds are on a horrid losing streak. If they get a hit, the man will score and win yet another game. Paul just assumes that since he fumbled the ball that the runner would easily score, but for whatever reason the runner held up at third. Paul then kicks the ball into the infield thinking the game was over and stops them from scoring.

Of course, the Reds lost the game the next inning anyway. I watched in live and I still get a chuckle watching it. Nothing compares to it. Hilarious.

I did notice that Paul sat the bench a good bit after that display.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
01 Jun 13

The Brewers had their worst month ever in May 🙁

w

Moves
04 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by ketchuplover
The Brewers had their worst month ever in May 🙁
They are in a bad division this year. Shrug.

In fact, has there ever been a division with three teams in it playing 600 ball or better?

Of coures, the Cardinals are Satan's spawn and never lose. My hope is that the Reds can take the wild card and something miraculous will occur in the playoffs to slay Goliath.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jun 13

Cueto back on the DL. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9346120/cincinnati-reds-scratch-johnny-cueto-put-15-day-disabled-list

JO

Moves
25 Jun 13

Awful quiet here lately. About time for one of us Pirate fans to jump in. Even though they have gone into team hitting slumps a couple times, I don't think they are going to drop out of competition this year. Lots of good pitchers, a veteran catcher, and a more productive bench. I see the Pirates and Reds as the wildcards. Is that still a one-game contest, or best of 5?

w

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by John Osmar
Awful quiet here lately. About time for one of us Pirate fans to jump in. Even though they have gone into team hitting slumps a couple times, I don't think they are going to drop out of competition this year. Lots of good pitchers, a veteran catcher, and a more productive bench. I see the Pirates and Reds as the wildcards. Is that still a one-game contest, or best of 5?
Put a fork in the Reds. With their injuries and the way they are pitching and swinging the bat and the way that they play against winning teams which they will be facing till the All Star break, I'm guessing they will be close to 10 games out by All Star break. :'(

They play the Rangers for 3 over the weekend. They have no hope of winning a game.

I wish the Pirates well. Just remember that St. Louis will go to the World Series because they are Satan's spawn. You have no chance either.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by whodey
Put a fork in the Reds. With their injuries and the way they are pitching and swinging the bat and the way that they play against winning teams which they will be facing till the All Star break, I'm guessing they will be close to 10 games out by All Star break. :'(

They play the Rangers for 3 over the weekend. They have no hope of winning a game.

I w ...[text shortened]... Louis will go to the World Series because they are Satan's spawn. You have no chance either.
The Reds have a better record after 79 games this year than they did after 79 last year.

They are having a bit of a rough patch, but that happens over a 162 game season. They'll be fine.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by John Osmar
Until there is a year when the Pirates don't fall apart over the last two months after playing well for the first four, I'll continue to discount them as contenders.

w

Moves
29 Jun 13

Cueto is out again. I think his career might be over.

The Rangers should sweep.

GMS
The Judge

Wellington, NZ

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by whodey
Get used to hearing it. 😀
So what other countries took part for them to be called 'World' champions? Or is the USA the 'world'? I'm confused

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Jun 13

Pirates are now in first. A run would be nice; it's been 22 innings.😛

w

Moves
30 Jun 13

Originally posted by Grand Master Supreme
So what other countries took part for them to be called 'World' champions? Or is the USA the 'world'? I'm confused
If you have a better baseball team than what is in MLB then by all means take the field.

I can't help the fact that the rest of the world only cares about soccer.