World Series

World Series

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
24 Oct 07

You build a team anyway you want. Some teams use young players. Some players use veterans. Some time over pay. some team guilt their teams into playing for less than market value. That is between the players and the owners. The only thing I object to is that my cable bill is higher because my team has to send part of it to low market teams who refuse to put on a competetive product. Even within a team, the higher priced pieces aren't always more valuable. Hughes, Cano, Cabrera, Kennedy, Jaba all played important roles on the Yankees despite their minimal salaries. The Yankees catcher, second baseman, shortstop, left fielder and center as well as their closer all started their career on the Yankees. Their third baseman was acquired in a trade for a player who started his career on the Yankees. Big market teams compensate players and keep them (even if on the free market they wouldn't be able to get the same amount of money) and keep players when they could be replaced by lower cost players making less money. This accounts for a big part of salary differential. The Mets, in a relatively terrible NL had the highest season and missed the playoffs. To me it is simple, build your team, keep your team and play the game anyway you want. I'll keep track of wins and losses and others can cry about money.

d

Moves
24 Oct 07
1 edit

ROCKIES IN FIVE

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Oct 07

Originally posted by darvlay
[b]ROCKIES IN FIVE[/b]
Why do you hate Boston?

P-

d

Moves
24 Oct 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Why do you hate Boston?

P-
You know the answer to that.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Oct 07

Actually, I don't. I love your Jays... love them long time.

P-

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
24 Oct 07

Did you want Cleveland to win?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 Oct 07

[b]ROCKIES IN FIVE[/b]
Oh

My

GOD!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
25 Oct 07

Never heard from Rags about the 'world' countries thing.. Sox look good tonight, but I do agree that Rocks will take.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
25 Oct 07

Oh

My

GOD!
What happened Phlab, did you splatter some grease in one of your cooking ventures? 😀

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
25 Oct 07

Why do you hate Boston?

P-
Don't sweat it Phlab...Old age, guile and treachery will win out over youth, exhuberance, and inexperience every time. Beckett and Schilling will lead the Sox to victory (although it would be a great Cinderella story if the Rocks won.) The Rocks threw their ace tonight and he left with a whimper.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
25 Oct 07

Tonight, results will be different..

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by SmookieP
Tonight, results will be different..
Rockies will keep it within 8 runs?

World Series Game One First: Staring pitcher strikes out the side, and the first batter hits a home run.

I liked the Sox playing a bit of small-ball to start, with Ortiz trying a bunt, and next moving the runner to third on an out at first.

P-

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
25 Oct 07

Rockies will keep it within 8 runs?

World Series Game One First: Staring pitcher strikes out the side, and the first batter hits a home run.

I liked the Sox playing a bit of small-ball to start, with Ortiz trying a bunt, and next moving the runner to third on an out at first.

P-
Schilling struck out the side to start the 93 series. Didn't turn out to well 5 games later :'(

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by PocketKings
Schilling struck out the side to start the 93 series. Didn't turn out to well 5 games later :'(
He did pretty well with it in 2001 Series though, didn't he?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by PocketKings
What color was his socks? I SAID WHAT COLOR WAS HIS SOCKS!!!!!!

P-