World Series

World Series

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
23 Oct 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit

Great point.

P-
If by point you mean round and way off the mark then I agree with you

p

Moves
23 Oct 07

Well if Toronto is a second class city and can't afford contracts don't play major league ball otherwise play and stop crying. The Blue Jays have an excellent starting staff. In fact it as good as anyone in the east regardless of how much anyone spends. The Yankees and the Redsox now seem to be building big portion of their staff through young and therefore less highly paid players. I am just wondering if the babies who root for other teams can ever talk about something other than payroll.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
23 Oct 07

Originally posted by poundlee
Well if Toronto is a second class city and can't afford contracts don't play major league ball otherwise play and stop crying. The Blue Jays have an excellent starting staff. In fact it as good as anyone in the east regardless of how much anyone spends. The Yankees and the Redsox now seem to be building big portion of their staff through young and theref ...[text shortened]... ering if the babies who root for other teams can ever talk about something other than payroll.
Toronto was 16th in league salary (league average) so stick your sarcastic verbal diarrhea in the toilet where it belongs.

How can you possibly argue the yankees have less highly paid players when their payroll is 194 Million and the league average is about 75 million?????????? 🙄

And if you think 194 Million in Payroll vs 75 Million is good for baseball then stick your head in arse, tune in to English Soccer and jack in your box to Man U, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

I'd like to see the Yanks and Boston at 75 Million and see how many playoffs they get to.

At least all the other non redsox/yankees/mets/ fans can look forward to signing the leftover free agents after the big guns have had their fill.

A real Salary cap would provide competitve balance; otherwise all the other teams are just Edmonton Oiler/Montreal Expo farm teams that will lose most of their best young players when their contracts run out.

Stop crying about people that point out the correlation between salary and playoff potential....skip back a few posts to see the historical facts since 2002. Maybe you'll still have time to revise your posts.

😞

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
23 Oct 07

Originally posted by uzless
Toronto was 16th in league salary (league average) so stick your sarcastic verbal diarrhea in the toilet where it belongs.

How can you possibly argue the yankees have less highly paid players when their payroll is 194 Million and the league average is about 75 million?????????? 🙄

And if you think 194 Million in Payroll vs 75 Million is good for bas ...[text shortened]... he historical facts since 2002. Maybe you'll still have time to revise your posts.

😞
Stop crying about the people crying... Stop crying about the teams that want to put a QUALITY PRODUCT on the field.

Now stop crying!

P-

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
23 Oct 07

What countries are participating in World Series 2007?

D

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
name one.

The rest were eliminated, or didn't participate because they couldn't keep up.

P-

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
24 Oct 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
The players come from all over the world, take your pick.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Oct 07

Originally posted by SmookieP
The players come from all over the world, take your pick.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/birthplace.php

A

Moves
24 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Sox in six. Colorado has altitude, Boston has Beckett.
Beckett can only pitch in three games max, that leaves 4 games for the rockies to win.

w

Moves
24 Oct 07
2 edits

It ain't about money. Are you guys fans of players or accounting numbers. Boston has better players so I expect them to win, but I do hope the rockies win.
Its not about money? So the Yankees being in the playoffs for the last 12 consecutive years has nothing to do with money? It must be the front office or that Joe Torre they let get away. You just wait, now that good old Joe is gone they will miss the playoffs for the next 12 years. 😛

A
Just call me

Gark

Moves
24 Oct 07

the sox can kiss the fatest part of my ass

go rockies

p

Moves
24 Oct 07

i think i am starting to understand how to be the fan of a small market baseball team. First, ignore your team. Maybe if you live in Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay or Kansas City (whose owner I believe is the richest of all baseball owners) ignore your team. Don't go to games, don't buy hats or shirts or watch on TV or listen on the radio. Watch spring football or some other garbage. Second take money from the luxury tax and be sure not to invest it in your team. You don't want to be like the big market teams that make money by investing in their product. Rationalize that you still would have less money and you are entitled to a profit but make sure you don't get players. If you do get players don't sign them while they are young; be sure to let them become free agents and sign with another team. After all, it is a business and your business is crying that you don't have any good players. Finally, if you actually notice when your team is good (and you really shouldn't because you spend a good portion of your life telling anyone who listen that you don't care about baseball anymore), you won't have this feeling that you have been waiting a long time. Then you can cheer for your team. But most importantly, if your team loses, immediately complain that the Yankees, Red Sox or some other team (that has fans who always supported their team and therefore could make more money on cable) beat you only because they have money. Never ever ever give credit to a team like the Red Sox who played well and will represent the AL in the world series and never a 12 year playoffs streak like the Yankees because it is far more accurate to be bitter and say they bought it.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
24 Oct 07

...never a 12 year playoffs streak like the Yankees because it is far more accurate to be bitter and say they bought it.
I'll give you credit for this one. You are correct, the Yankees do buy their way into the playoffs every year.

$194 million in team salary...how much more would they have to spend in order for you to consider saying the yanks bought their way in to the playoffs when the league average is about 75?

250 Million? 300 Million?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
24 Oct 07
1 edit

I personally can't wait till next year to see which one of the yanks or the red sox will get back into the playoffs again. Too bad Ted Turner lost a tonne of cash on that Time Warner/AOL deal or we could see the Braves back in it year after year too.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Oct 07

:'(