Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 08 Nov '06 10:10
    Following on from Sally Cinnamon's comments on 'Best Ever...'

    I'm nominating Martin Peters... he took us down to the basement of English football by aqcuiring 'has beens', 'never beens', and 'never likely to bees'...

    The bloke may well have helped us to win the World Cup, but a good Manager he most definitely wasn't.
  2. 08 Nov '06 10:20
    Jose Mourinho, ahh feel better now
  3. 08 Nov '06 10:20
    Mourinho.
  4. 08 Nov '06 10:23
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Jose Mourinho, ahh feel better now
    Palynka's going to reply with Paisley or Shanks just to pee you off!!!
  5. 08 Nov '06 10:27
    Originally posted by blade68
    Palynka's going to reply with Paisley or Shanks just to pee you off!!!
    Not sure the muppet even knows who they are
  6. 08 Nov '06 10:29
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Not sure the muppet even knows who they are
  7. Standard member millerman
    Y.N.W.A
    08 Nov '06 10:56
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Mourinho.
    Agreed
  8. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Nov '06 13:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by blade68
    Palynka's going to reply with Paisley or Shanks just to pee you off!!!
    Why should I? It's not like I'm bothered by them in the same way Mourinho bothers her/him.

    Worst coach ever is obviously someone we never heard about. Only a fool would name a top tier manager.

    Edit - What's the point of a forum if people don't try to be objective?
  9. 08 Nov '06 13:38
    Originally posted by Palynka

    Worst coach ever is obviously someone we never heard about. Only a fool would name a top tier manager.
    That wouldn't be much fun though would it?
  10. 08 Nov '06 13:42
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Worst coach ever is obviously someone we never heard about. Only a fool would name a top tier manager.
    Graeme Souness.

    Now are you sure about that statement?
  11. 08 Nov '06 13:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Edit - What's the point of a forum if people don't try to be objective?
    Just out of interest - have you ever seen a forum where people try to be objective?

    Not that I disagree with the sentiment but, you know, try and be realistic!
  12. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Nov '06 16:49
    Originally posted by blade68
    That wouldn't be much fun though would it?
    Which brings us to the logical conclusion about this thread.
  13. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Nov '06 16:50
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Just out of interest - have you ever seen a forum where people try to be objective?

    Not that I disagree with the sentiment but, you know, try and be realistic!
    Good point. Call me a forum idealist, then.
  14. 08 Nov '06 18:06
    Ok lets all get a little serious here, this could be a fun thread. Who are youre candidates for worst manager ever?
  15. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    08 Nov '06 18:09
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Ok lets all get a little serious here, this could be a fun thread. Who are youre candidates for worst manager ever?
    I hate to point out the obvious, but the original poster already asked that question.