1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 13:20
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Was gona stick ol turnip in myself but to be honest he wasnt to bad untill he took over england. Took watford to the cup final and pulled villa out of the second division . How about Mick Mcarthy?
    Sally.... Taylor didn't take Villa out of the 2nd Division... they've been in the top flight for ages! I think you may be getting confused? He did take Villa to the runners up spot I believe...
  2. where angels play
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 15:02
    Originally posted by blade68
    Sally.... Taylor didn't take Villa out of the 2nd Division... they've been in the top flight for ages! I think you may be getting confused? He did take Villa to the runners up spot I believe...
    im often confused
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 15:08
    im often confused
    That'll be the drugs.
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 15:31
    Tony Adams anyone? Retired from playing he went to Uni. Came out with his shiney new sports science degree, pleased as punch, took over the helm at Wycombe and took them straight down.
  5. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 15:44
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Tony Adams anyone? Retired from playing he went to Uni. Came out with his shiney new sports science degree, pleased as punch, took over the helm at Wycombe and took them straight down.
    PMSL

Good shout m8
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 16:07
    Has he been in Management long enough to qualify as 'Worst Ever' though?

I reckon at least 5 seasons abysmal failure is a minimum requirement to be considered!

😀
  7. where angels play
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 16:10
    That'll be the drugs.
    they definitely help
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 16:57
    Has he been in Management long enough to qualify as 'Worst Ever' though?

I reckon at least 5 seasons abysmal failure is a minimum requirement to be considered!

😀
    Blimey - if you find an abysmal manger that's allowed to be in the same job for 5 seasons you'll have found the worst chairman and board too!
  9. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 18:06
    Blimey - if you find an abysmal manger that's allowed to be in the same job for 5 seasons you'll have found the worst chairman and board too!
    Newcastle?
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 21:16
    Originally posted by millerman
    Newcastle?
    Whoever has made the decisions upstairs for Newcastle over the past 10 years or so is having a laugh. If they'd have gotten Martin O'Neil in they would be doing fantastic but oh no, the caretaker manager has managed to win us a few games! I bet he can therefore win us the league 🙄
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 22:18
    Whoever has made the decisions upstairs for Newcastle over the past 10 years or so is having a laugh. If they'd have gotten Martin O'Neil in they would be doing fantastic but oh no, the caretaker manager has managed to win us a few games! I bet he can therefore win us the league 🙄
    NUFC are a joke... always tagged as a 'sleeping giant', I reckon that giant has overdosed on Night Nurse!
    It's the fans I feel sorry for, they follow The Mags in their thousands, spending hundreds (if not thousands) over the season, and the Chairman takes it for granted and employs some of the most over-rated Managers this land has ever seen... Worst ever Chairman? Gotta be a major contender.
  12. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 22:53
    i dont recall anyone ever over rating bryan robson, in fact i dont remember him being rated at all. He's in
    Keeping West Brom in the premiership, even if only by the skin of their teeth, must count for something.

bottom at Xmas and no team had ever avoided relegation from the Premiership after being bottom at Christmas.

still bottom on the last day of the season, but managed the Great Escape
    (cue music...)

P.S.
    I am not now, nor never have been, a "Baggie"
    I originate from a rival Midlands town
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 23:14
    Originally posted by aging blitzer

P.S.
    I am not now, nor never have been, a "Baggie"
    I originate from a rival Midlands town[/b]
    Neither are anything to brag about!!! 😉
  14. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 16:28
    Neither are anything to brag about!!! 😉
    We don't want your stinking Premiership
    *sulk*
  15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 19:33
    Following on from Sally Cinnamon's comments on 'Best Ever...'

I'm nominating Martin Peters... he took us down to the basement of English football by aqcuiring 'has beens', 'never beens', and 'never likely to bees'...

The bloke may well have helped us to win the World Cup, but a good Manager he most definitely wasn't.
    Sven Goran Erikson by a mile. England v N. Ireland losing 0-1 , team in a mess, camera pans to Erikson biting his nails looking lost in the dugout , he looked like a little boy who had spilled the milk and didn't know what to do. From that moment on I knew England would only win the world cup despite him but not because of him. Why the worst ? Because some managers you can disagree with , some you hate , some you love , but Erikson ? There's nothing there! You can't hate a cardboard cut out! A prawn cracker of a manager. And I haven't even mentioned Walcott.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree