1. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 16:56
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    You are correct - I really don´t get it.This could be because I am using the normal definition of cheating ie " to purposely break the rules of a game to gain advantage"
    It looks like you are using a different definition.
    Using my definition Suarez is a cheat.Using your definition -whatever that could be - Suarez is a hero.
    I know that he paid the p ...[text shortened]... ana got the penalty shot but that does not alter the fact that he cheated.Using my definition.
    Your definition makes every player who commits a foul a cheat. That means there are no fair players in the world. If you ever played football you're also a cheat.
  2. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 17:14
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Cheating occurs when actions are taken that violate the rules of competition in order to gain an advantage.
    Correct.

He cheated.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 17:422 edits
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Correct.

He cheated.
    No he didn't. You hide to cheat. He committed a blatant foul for every one to see. Cheaters get banned permamently. Suarez applied a well known loophole in the rules. Fouling is illegal. Is it cheating? Suarez committed a fould that results in a PK and automatic ejection. Plain and simple. You don't like the outcome because you were probably rooting for Ghana. Live with it. Ghana would have done exactly the same. England cheated when stealing the 66 WC by bying off refs. You are confusing willful fouling with fraud. Suarez was merely the best goal keeper in the world.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Stekelenburg-says-Luis-Suarez-is-best-keeper-of-?urn=sow,253688
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 17:58
    You are confusing willful fouling with fraud.
    Willful fouling is cheating.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:18
    Why would anyone want to argue with someone who just keeps repeating his assertion until he turns blue?
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:19
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Willful fouling is cheating.
    We're just going to have to disagree then. Suarez' was the real hand of God. Do the math. Ghana scores game over. Willful handball red card and PK. PK 75% chance of scoring versus 100% game over if goal goes in. Call it what you may. It ws pure genius!
  7. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:50
    Originally posted by infomast
    Your definition makes every player who commits a foul a cheat. That means there are no fair players in the world. If you ever played football you're also a cheat.
    The important word in my definition is"purposely".
    What Suarez did is a part of the modern football game.He broke the rules of the game and got punished.It was the normal thing to do in that situation and most of the other players would do exactly the same.But it was still cheating.Thats one of the problems with football.
    Football is a game with rules and,as in any other game, including chess,purposely breaking the rules has to be cheating.
    Have a look at this http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/singer64/English
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:52
    England cheated when stealing the 66 WC by bying off refs.
    You keep making this claim. Do you honestly believe this or is it just more of your poisonous invective?
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:59
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why would anyone want to argue with someone who just keeps repeating his assertion until he turns blue?
    Blue?????????

NEVER!
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:14
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You keep making this claim. Do you honestly believe this or is it just more of your poisonous invective?
    As long as it rubs you the wrong way I will make it until I am blue in the face and you are red. It bothers you for you know it's true! I repeat. Only team never to make it back to a final. Explain that one!?! Can't? You know because there is no explanation. All other winners are multiple winners. Even the Dutch made it to two finals in a row! Explain that one! Look at the goal deflating the Germans! DID NOT GO IN. Good you piped in on a cheating thread! Master cheaters you English. Our luckiest idea was booting the whole sorry lot out of the colonies! Bleeding us dry until we wised up! We then inspired the rest of the colonies to get rid of Spain and Portugal. USA birthed the Americas in their present form. Now go watch the replays of the cheating goal. Never went in! Germany-England never seen goal in rd of 16 was karma for that stolen WC of 66!!!!! England sucks and will suck for decades after you try to undo the permament harm Capello will cause your sorry team! Probably an Italian plant who gets paid to boot! The money could be used more wisely in your youth leagues. Too obtuse to see or do that. On the other hand I greeted the news that incompetent Capello had been resigned with glee. Don't even have a competent English coach. Keep hiring the foreigners. EPL will continue blowing, but the silly limeys will fill the stadia and cheer like the simpleton simians ya'll are! Proof's in the pudding. Couldn't even beat USA or lowly Algeria! EPL makes no one tremble, not even birds on Algeria net. Other Englishment have come around. What's it gonna take with you? Mental exam, perhaps?
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:21
    As long as it rubs you the wrong way I will make it until I am blue in the face and you are red. It bothers you for you know it's true! I repeat. Only team never to make it back to a final. Explain that one!?! Can't? You know because there is no explanation. All other winners are multiple winners. Even the Dutch made it to two finals in a row! Explain t ...[text shortened]... Other Englishment have come around. What's it gonna take with you? Mental exam, perhaps?
    Just more of your racist ranting then. What is it with you and the English? Your wife sleeping with one?
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 22:30
    Just more of your racist ranting then. What is it with you and the English? Your wife sleeping with one?
    You do not qualify as a race. Hence I cannot be racist. We Yanks are a melting pot. You Brits are a chamber pot. I take that back. You alone. Cannot lump the decent ones along with you. You're your own pot! Go watch reruns of Germany-England and cry in your beer. If you have no argument but your "racist" canard stop responding to my posts. You are tiresome indeed!
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 18:14
    You do not qualify as a race. Hence I cannot be racist. We Yanks are a melting pot. You Brits are a chamber pot. I take that back. You alone. Cannot lump the decent ones along with you. You're your own pot! Go watch reruns of Germany-England and cry in your beer. If you have no argument but your "racist" canard stop responding to my posts. You are tiresome indeed!
    Don't tell me what to do you jumped up little knee-jerk. You might try one day, if you can shut your poisonous little cake-hole for a minute or two, to read what other people post, then you might, just might, be able to come up with an insult that actually relates to the person you're trying to wind-up. But I won't hold my breath, as I'm not entirely convinced that you're actually able to read without assistance. But anyway, that aside, what have you got against the English? You get mugged when you visited?
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 10:551 edit
    Don't tell me what to do you jumped up little knee-jerk. You might try one day, if you can shut your poisonous little cake-hole for a minute or two, to read what other people post, then you might, just might, be able to come up with an insult that actually relates to the person you're trying to wind-up. But I won't hold my breath, as I'm not entire nyway, that aside, what have you got against the English? You get mugged when you visited?
    Hold your breath!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree