1. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:25
    Melanerpes is right - this is a potentially interesting exercise. We could do it for other sports as well. But it has absolutely no relation to what you're trying to prove.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:291 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Have you played the game?
    I have but not extensively as I don't skate very well...

I don't know why Uzless is on my back though considering the fact that I agreed with him in the other thread. C'est la vie.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:30
    Paly said:
    The question is not if uzless knows more about ice hockey than me. I couldn't care less about ice hockey. The question is if I, having never played the game, would be able to reach the same level of understanding than him.

Obviously, the answer is YES, because my evidently superior intelligence (relative to uzless'😉 would eventually prevai ...[text shortened]... ave never played the game, but thought you could understand it as well as someone who had.
    Reading comprehension FAIL.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:33
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Reading comprehension FAIL.
    Your above intelligence was going to give you the knowledge out of thin air. The comprehension fail gets old. You were wrong just admit it. Or at least make an honest stab at the question.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:34
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Melanerpes is right - this is a potentially interesting exercise. We could do it for other sports as well. But it has absolutely no relation to what you're trying to prove.
    I agree.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:38
    Your above intelligence was going to give you the knowledge out of thin air. The comprehension fail gets old. You were wrong just admit it. Or at least make an honest stab at the question.
    Errr... No. My above intelligence would make me able to learn the game IF I DECIDED TO STUDY IT.

Intelligence is the ability to learn and think, not knowledge about all issues on this earth.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:39
    For example, although you (VR) are as dumb as a doorbell, you definitely know more about ice hockey than me.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:42
    It's dumb as a doorknob, not doorbell. 😵
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:471 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's dumb as a doorknob, not doorbell. 😵
    Doorknobs aren't noisy enough to describe VR. 😉
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:47
    Errr... No. My above intelligence would make me able to learn the game IF I DECIDED TO STUDY IT.

Intelligence is the ability to learn and think, not knowledge about all issues on this earth.
    So, now you're setting up a hypothetical situation. IF i were to STUDY IT...Well that is what many of the commentators do especially from the U.S. and some do a great job, but others don't have a clue and get things mixed up on a routine basis.
    ( It is a good thing they have the colour guys, pros who have played the game to correct them)

You could study the game as long as you wanted and MIGHT become as good as some of the commentators who have learned the game through books and other knowledgeable people, but you would still miss many things. To think you could get to know the game as well, or better than someone who played it, especially at a semi-pro or Pro level is inane at best even for you.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:491 edit
    For example, although you (VR) are as dumb as a doorbell, you definitely know more about ice hockey than me.
    LOL...It is a doorknob you noob! 😛

I really don't think you are half as bright as you think you are. (Palynka) Paly! 😵
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:51

I really don't think you are half as bright as you think you are.
    English isn't his first language. How's your portuguese?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:53
    Originally posted by darvlay
    English isn't his first language. How's your portuguese?
    He is the one on about how intelligent he is not me...I just got more money than the two of you! 😛
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:55

I really don't think you are half as bright as you think you are. (Palynka) Paly! 😵
    Do doorbells fare better in the intelligence scale with respect to doorknobs?

Please advise.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:56

dumb as a doorknob wins the google search, by a small surprising margin.

Dumb as a doornail is a distant third.

That in no way makes any right... "Brain and Brain, what is Brain" (original Star Trek) lost to a misquote some time back. I think RHB found the sound-bite.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree