1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:57
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Do doorbells fare better in the intelligence scale with respect to doorknobs?

Please advise.
    Have a look in the mirror, decide which one you be, and get back to me on that one.
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:57
    Originally posted by uzless
    explain the play then to back up your opinion. Let's talk facts.
    I am used to people being arrogant, but your position that you know no much more than everyone else that their knowledge makes them unable to watch a sporting event on TV and know what is going on (even if they had the benefit of a commentator explaining it to them) is utterly ridiculous.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:58
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    So, now you're setting up a hypothetical situation. IF i were to STUDY IT...Well that is what many of the commentators do especially from the U.S. and some do a great job, but others don't have a clue and get things mixed up on a routine basis.
    ( It is a good thing they have the colour guys, pros who have played the game to correct them)

You could s ...[text shortened]... an someone who played it, especially at a semi-pro or Pro level is inane at best even for you.
    Yes, of course I would understand it better than many players. This really is uncontroversial considering some players are between doorbells and doorknobs in the intelligence scale.

The question is if there is anything really intangible in the game of hockey that cannot be understood without playing. To me, the answer is an obvious no unless you want to claim that sports are metaphysical somehow. Of course, most people don't realize the implications of what they're saying and don't realize this.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 16:59
    Have a look in the mirror, decide which one you be, and get back to me on that one.
    I think you're as dumb as a doorbell, so obviously doorbells fare pretty low to me.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:01
    I think you're as dumb as a doorbell, so obviously doorbells fare pretty low to me.
    Sticks & Stones, and no ballz has paly! 😛
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:042 edits
    Yes, of course I would understand it better than many players. This really is uncontroversial considering some players are between doorbells and doorknobs in the intelligence scale.

The question is if there is anything really intangible in the game of hockey that cannot be understood without playing. To me, the answer is an obvious no unless you want to c ...[text shortened]... se, most people don't realize the implications of what they're saying and don't realize this.
    You are proving how stupid you really are, well done!

You need no help proving yourself wrong!

You obviously know nothing about all the college boys in the game. Not to mention they are (pretty well) all millionares are you?

So, they know the game better than you ever will, plus being between doorbells and doorknobs in your inane opinion have more money than you. How does that make you feel?
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:07
    I wonder if it might be better if uzless posted the hockey clips in the Posers and Puzzles Forum? So that those of us (okay maybe just me) who are actually interested in solving the puzzle can discuss the clip, without worrying about uzless's motives (or the relative intelligence of doorknobs and doorbells).
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:121 edit
    You are proving how stupid you really are, well done!

You need no help proving yourself wrong!

You obviously know nothing about all the college boys in the game. Not to mention they are (pretty well) all millionares are you?

So, they know the game better than you ever will, plus being between doorbells and doorknobs in your inane opinion have more money than you. How does that make you feel?
    So what if they're rich? What do their salaries have to do with anything? 😵
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:161 edit
    So what if they're rich? What do their salaries have to do with anything? 😵
    No richer than you are! You call their intelligence between doorbells and doorknobs, in comparison to yours, as you do mine, and we all have more money than you do.

The question was: How does that make you feel that people who are as dumb as doorbells and doorknobs have more money than you?

Perhaps, you underestimate people?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:18
    No richer than you are! You call their intelligence between doorbells and doorknobs, in comparison to yours, as you do mine, and we all have more money than you do.

The question was: How does that make you feel that people who are as dumb as doorbells and doorknobs have more money than you?
    I really don't care. Good for them, I guess. I wouldn't trade what I do for that, though.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:22
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No. But I am following you on this one! Keep it going...
    Come on Darv. You might be the only one that qualifies here as a non-player who has watched a lot of games. Not sure any of these other yahoo's even watch hockey. Their argument seems to revolve around theoretical tv watchers instead of factual ones.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:24
    I really don't care. Good for them, I guess. I wouldn't trade what I do for that, though.
    Without saying what you do of course.

I just don't think it is right that you call people dumb, when they are smart enough or have worked hard enough in their life to have more money than you do, is all. It is money that does the talking in this world, when all else is said and done.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:27
    Originally posted by uzless
    Come on Darv. You might be the only one that qualifies here as a non-player who has watched a lot of games. Not sure any of these other yahoo's even watch hockey. Their argument seems to revolve around theoretical tv watchers instead of factual ones.
    I believe Darv knows the game, but he did play some also, and you did say for those who haven't actually played the game.
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:30
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I wonder if it might be better if uzless posted the hockey clips in the Posers and Puzzles Forum? So that those of us (okay maybe just me) who are actually interested in solving the puzzle can discuss the clip, without worrying about uzless's motives (or the relative intelligence of doorknobs and doorbells).
    I got nothing againsta ya melanerpres...you gave it a legit shot. Kudos to you.
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:34
    I believe Darv knows the game, but he did play some also, and you did say for those who haven't actually played the game.
    this is a carry-over of the other other thread about why watch a game you can't play. In it I argued people who didn't play at a high level of competetition couldn't understand the game as well as someone who hadn't played or had only played at a lower level. Just because a person played at a kids level, doesn't mean they can translate that experience into full knoweldge.

At least, that is my argument. I've been trying to back up that argument by using this thread to test/prove my argument but everyone who opposed me in the other thread won't even try to disprove my point by commenting on the goal.

It's hard to do an experiment if you don't get any data (melanerpress notwithstanding)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree