1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:41
    Originally posted by uzless
    this is a carry-over of the other other thread about why watch a game you can't play. In it I argued people who didn't play at a high level of competetition couldn't understand the game as well as someone who hadn't played or had only played at a lower level. Just because a person played at a kids level, doesn't mean they can translate that experience into ...[text shortened]...
    It's hard to do an experiment if you don't get any data (melanerpress notwithstanding)
    Your premise is stupid.

You're saying if you never strapped skates on and listened to the coaches that taught YOU that you know nothing about the game. Who says your coach is any good, and did HE play the game? What are your coaches credentials? How did you get so damn smart playing?

You sound like pompous Kurt Schilling who starts every baseball argument with "That's what stupid people who never played the game think".

Darv would never start a thread like this. He got several recs when someone said you're dumb if you're rated low at RHP. That just don't translate.

Stand in the corner.

P-
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:42
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Without saying what you do of course.

I just don't think it is right that you call people dumb, when they are smart enough or have worked hard enough in their life to have more money than you do, is all. It is money that does the talking in this world, when all else is said and done.
    Why would it matter what I'm doing? Are you so shallow that you cannot judge opinions based on content and have to look at people's jobs and wages?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:44
    this is a carry-over of the other other thread about why watch a game you can't play. In it I argued people who didn't play at a high level of competetition couldn't understand the game as well as someone who hadn't played or had only played at a lower level. Just because a person played at a kids level, doesn't mean they can translate that experience into ...[text shortened]...
    It's hard to do an experiment if you don't get any data (melanerpress notwithstanding)
    You are not getting any feedback because they don't know. It is just that simple.

melanerpress did an excellent job for someone who did not play the game, if that is the case.

I know I was in the other thread also, and gave my two cents that forwards, defencemen, and the Goalie would have different outlooks on the game, because each is looking at it from their position.

I will say this much for now. That was a bonehead lazy pass to begin with that started the comedy of bad judgement. ( I am a hab fan )
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Your premise is stupid.

You're saying if you never strapped skates on and listened to the coaches that taught YOU that you know nothing about the game. Who says your coach is any good, and did HE play the game? What are your coaches credentials? How did you get so damn smart playing?

You sound like pompous Kurt Schilling who starts every baseball ...[text shortened]... umb if you're rated low at RHP. That just don't translate.

Stand in the corner.

P-
    He is CANADIAN his COACHES are CANADIAN....Of course they know the GAME!

Go Sit In Your Cornor facing the wall of course! 😛
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:50
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why would it matter what I'm doing? Are you so shallow that you cannot judge opinions based on content and have to look at people's jobs and wages?
    And you are running around calling millionares dumb as doorbells and doorknobs.

This makes you better, from where you sit?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 17:582 edits
    And you are running around calling millionares dumb as doorbells and doorknobs.

This makes you better, from where you sit?
    Yes. I value a person's intelligence much more than I value their wealth.

Showing me your income won't change my opinion of you. Show me that you can challenge my ideas meaningfully and immediately you have my respect. Even if I disagree.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:01
    He is CANADIAN his COACHES are CANADIAN....Of course they know the GAME!

Go Sit In Your Cornor facing the wall of course! 😛
    That's Racist!

I'm white, you gonna say I can't dance or jump?

That's BULL!~

P-
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:03
    That's Racist!

I'm white, you gonna say I can't dance or jump?

That's BULL!~

P-
    We, don't care if you jump.

Can you skate, and do you know the game of hockey?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:05
    [b]Yes. I value a person's intelligence much more than I value their wealth.

b]
    I value their intelligence if they work for me.

I value their wealth if they want to do business with me.

What is wrong with that?

You are saying people are dumb, because of the game they play. How shallow are you? Especially when the game makes them millionares. Do I detect jealousy perhaps?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:074 edits
    I value their intelligence if they work for me.

I value their wealth if they want to do business with me.

What is wrong with that?

You are saying people are dumb, because of the game they play. How shallow are you? Especially when the game makes them millionares. Do I detect jealousy perhaps?
    So you value people's characteristics only if they profit you.

You don't see what's wrong with that?

edit - I'm not saying they're dumb because of the game they play. I said that several are dumb. I'm sure there are several that are intelligent.

edit - And, again, no jealousy here. Good for them that they earn big bucks. But that is really none of my business, nor do I want it to be.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:18
    [b]So you value people's characteristics only if they profit you.
    I said I value a persons intelligence if they work for me.

I value their wealth if the are doing business with me.
    ( Hopefully there will be profit if we are doing business)

I don't understand what you see wrong in that?
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:201 edit
    I said I value a persons intelligence if they work for me.

I value their wealth if the are doing business with me.
    ( Hopefully there will be profit if we are doing business)

I don't understand what you see wrong in that?
    Reading comprehension FAIL
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:30
    Come on Darv. You might be the only one that qualifies here as a non-player who has watched a lot of games. Not sure any of these other yahoo's even watch hockey. Their argument seems to revolve around theoretical tv watchers instead of factual ones.
    Alright. I'll give it a whirl when I have access to youtube...
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:31
    Darv would never start a thread like this. He got several recs when someone said you're dumb if you're rated low at RHP.
    What is with everyone and stating my opinions and feelings, eh? 😠
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 18:33
    I believe Darv knows the game, but he did play some also, and you did say for those who haven't actually played the game.
    Some is closer to none than it is some though, if you catch my drift.

Me and Uzless know each other irl so he knows exactly what level of experience I really have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree