2007 Championships

2007 Championships

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
07 Sep 07

Originally posted by Hindstein

...and pour scorn onto caissad4 for showing her "sporting" side by sitting and watching for my vacation flag to drop before returning my first move back then immediately claiming the win. I mean, only a 300 rating point advantage over me, and she was sure to win against me anyway.

Real sportsmanship, Angela.

😠[/b]
Dear Hind,

If you had not squandered almost ALL your timebank BEFORE you went on your honeymoon you would not have run out of time.
Rules are rules.
If I should hang a skull I would not seek to heap scorn on my opponent for claiming a win on time.
Learn to manage your time better.
Angela

a
Brian Hugh Warner

On top

Moves
07 Sep 07

Originally posted by caissad4
Dear Hind,

If you had not squandered almost ALL your timebank BEFORE you went on your honeymoon you would not have run out of time.
Rules are rules.
If I should hang a skull I would not seek to heap scorn on my opponent for claiming a win on time.
Angela
Well said, Angie. And most of all, Hind, learn to manage your life better! Just for a honeymoon... 🙄

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
07 Sep 07

Originally posted by caissad4
Dear Hind,

Rules are rules.
Angela
Well said. Nobody is obliged to play in tournaments with time control which he/she cant hold.

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
07 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Ari Brenin Cymru
But you say in your profile:

"I'll take the timeout and I expect you to do the same."

😕 Bit hypocritical don't you think?
Hypocritical? no, not really, as I really do expect people to do the same.

Why does everyone think that this is about the time out? It isn't.
My problem is really with Caissad4, who stood by and watched for my vacation flag to drop (for over a week) whilst refusing to move in my games, yet moving daily with everyone else. It's this deliberate act and not the timeout that I am disappointed by.

Yes, its the rules.
Yes, I accept them.
Do I think what she did was sporting? No.

For those players rated that highly, I would not perhaps expect such a deceitful attitude. I would have lost anyway.

What does it matter. Its only a game.

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
07 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
Well, I have commitments, unfortunately, i have promised my friend and leader that I would participate, long before I was strung with so many games for second rounds. But i understand where you come from since I have been timed out in many important games before too, its a pain in the butt, I hope you arent to angry at myself!
No hard feelings. You can beat me again another time...

i

Moves
08 Sep 07

unless david tebb, english tal and cludi also go on honeymoons i dont think you would have had a chance anyway, sorry...

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
08 Sep 07

Originally posted by jvanhine
unless david tebb, english tal and cludi also go on honeymoons i dont think you would have had a chance anyway, sorry...
No delusions there, I'm afraid. I was just happy to make the 2nd round.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
08 Sep 07

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
I agree, round three will be very strong, and a lot of fun to watch, still some upsets in the mix coming, gatecrasher has to find away to finish his games in the remaining time in order to advance. Should be interesting...Good luck to those that move on.
I have 6 points due from games against a banned player. That guarantees a place in the final group. Just a question of whether I go there alone or with DawgHaus.

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
10 Sep 07

Very close to knowing all participants in round 3.

Group 1: Salin i Vitalik 2151
Group 2: Phillidor284 1999
Group 3: Gatecrasher 2252 (the 2 games against banned player will put Gatecrasher ahead of current group leader Maris61)
Group 4: cludi 2252
Group 5: David Tebb 2316
Group 6: uffejaster 2021 and/or davejacks 1894 will progress
Group 7: English Tal 2194
Group 8: Pattrick06 2066

In rating order, the possible participants in the final are:

David Tebb 2316
Gatecrasher 2252
cludi 2252
English Tal 2194
Salin i Vitalik 2151
Pattrick06 2066
uffejaster 2021
Phillidor284 1999
davejacks 1894

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
13 Sep 07

The combined win-loss record against other opponents in the final:

David Tebb 16-3
Gatecrasher 5-10
cludi 10-11
English Tal 2-3
Salin i Vitalik 0-4
Pattrick06 0-2

(The rest have no completed games against other finalists)

On paper, that has to make David Tebb the hot favourite.

D

Moves
13 Sep 07

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
On paper, that has to make David Tebb the hot favourite.
He certainly has to be the favorite, especially now that Korch and Everyday are out. The final will be extremely difficult.

Tournament 1677

Estimated chances at the beginning of round three:

34% David Tebb 2316
20% Gatecrasher 2275
20% cludi 2252
15% English Tal 2205
10% Salin i Vitalik 2151
1% Other

Congratulations to Gatecrasher for winning the toughest round 1 section. It was easy once he got past me 😀

I'd like to commend geezerbloke in particular for performing so strongly against the top players.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
14 Sep 07
2 edits

Originally posted by DawgHaus

Congratulations to Gatecrasher for winning the toughest round 1 section. It was easy once he got past me 😀

That group seemed a terrible mis match - it meant that four likely finalists got knocked out in the first round.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Sep 07
1 edit

actually it has been round 2, even if Gatecrasher had a 2000+ opponenet in the first round (Yuga)

D

Moves
14 Sep 07

cludi and English Tal were in the same 1st round group. Maybe they'll tie for first in the final. That would be like rain on your wedding day.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
23 Sep 07

All finalists are decided. Wonder what's holding up the start of the final round?