2007 Championships

2007 Championships

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
08 Aug 07
2 edits

[group winner predictions deleted]

As cludi pointed out below, winner predictions imply commentary on games in progress.

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
08 Aug 07
2 edits

Original post is now obsolete...🙂

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
08 Aug 07

Originally posted by Korch
I have lost to cludi and now I have chances to get in next round only if i will win sastorey and sastorey will win cludi.
Actually you still have a chance if Cludi loses to TigerKing and you beat Sastorey. 😉

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
08 Aug 07

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
Actually you still have a chance if Cludi loses to TigerKing and you beat Sastorey. 😉
Or sastorey could win if he runs the tables and Cludi loses or draws to Tigerking. 😛

Canada

Moves
09 Aug 07

You know, im dissapointed a bit with how i have played, but i think i have still done well, i pretty much am out of the running now in group 8, if i had a better showing against SteveTodd, maybe i could have made it to the next round, but the two losses i received by him are the nail in the coffin, nonetheless, i have some impressive wins, and against the top 5 in my group i finished with a winning record of 4 wins 3 losses and 3 draws, even with the two losses to SteveTodd.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
17 Aug 07

I'd like to thank Maris61 who resigned a game against me even though he had a good chance to win on time. I had a won position but only 2 days left on the clock against his 45 days. My guess would be that he could have forced another 20-30 moves before being mated. Unless glued to RHP, it is unlikely I would have made all those moves in the time remaining.

Good sport.

z

Moves
28 Aug 07

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
You know, im dissapointed a bit with how i have played, but i think i have still done well, i pretty much am out of the running now in group 8, if i had a better showing against SteveTodd, maybe i could have made it to the next round, but the two losses i received by him are the nail in the coffin, nonetheless, i have some impressive wins, and again ...[text shortened]... hed with a winning record of 4 wins 3 losses and 3 draws, even with the two losses to SteveTodd.
It appears that you're returning to form. Well played even if you didn't win your group. Round three is shaping up to be very strong.

Canada

Moves
29 Aug 07

I agree, round three will be very strong, and a lot of fun to watch, still some upsets in the mix coming, gatecrasher has to find away to finish his games in the remaining time in order to advance. Should be interesting...Good luck to those that move on. Thanks for the compliment Zebano

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
05 Sep 07

So, I got back from my honeymoon last Thursday and having used up all of my timeback, I knew that I would be up against it to finish my games before I ran out of vacation time. Now, I know that I have no leg to stand on officially, but I would just like to pay tribute to some of my tournament opponents who (all rated far above me) are currently playing on for the love of beating me.

...and pour scorn onto caissad4 for showing her "sporting" side by sitting and watching for my vacation flag to drop before returning my first move back then immediately claiming the win. I mean, only a 300 rating point advantage over me, and she was sure to win against me anyway.

Real sportsmanship, Angela.

😠

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
05 Sep 07

She can't even win the round, either.

Canada

Moves
05 Sep 07

I am sorry my friend, I just took the wins against you, I apologize, but I have way to many games on the go with the new leagues, and I am trying to lower my game totals, unfortunately, that involves sometimes taking some skulls. I hope you are not to upset by this since we still had some fairly even games going. I look forward to some possibly games with you again in the future!

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
06 Sep 07

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
I am sorry my friend, I just took the wins against you, I apologize, but I have way to many games on the go with the new leagues, and I am trying to lower my game totals, unfortunately, that involves sometimes taking some skulls. I hope you are not to upset by this since we still had some fairly even games going. I look forward to some possibly games with you again in the future!
Well, I can't pretend not to be disappointed - especially as we were having a good chat. In your favour, you did make plenty of moves this week and made an attempt to play the game, unlike Caissad4, who took the lame option.

What is frustrating though (and I say this fully in the knowledge that I can't generally complain about losing on time - it's the rules) is that all 4 of these games were pretty even still, and as a 1600 player, to still be relatively even after 20 moves is quite an achievement when playing 1900 and 2000 rated opponents. I would have appreciated playing these out, learning when I would inevitably blunder and hopefully become a better player as a result.

If you need to cut down on games, perhaps you shouldn't be taking on the 1 day league in the first place.

If the games were even, why not offer a draw instead?

a
Brian Hugh Warner

On top

Moves
06 Sep 07

Originally posted by Hindstein
Well, I can't pretend not to be disappointed - especially as we were having a good chat. In your favour, you did make plenty of moves this week and made an attempt to play the game, unlike Caissad4, who took the lame option.

What is frustrating though (and I say this fully in the knowledge that I can't generally complain about losing on time - it's the ...[text shortened]... he 1 day league in the first place.

Just as you said - it's the rules. But risking 4 games in such an important tourney just for your honeymoon... 😕

Canada

Moves
06 Sep 07

Originally posted by adim
Just as you said - it's the rules. But risking 4 games in such an important tourney just for your honeymoon... 😕
Well, I have commitments, unfortunately, i have promised my friend and leader that I would participate, long before I was strung with so many games for second rounds. But i understand where you come from since I have been timed out in many important games before too, its a pain in the butt, I hope you arent to angry at myself!

ABC
Siachmat!

Porthmadog

Moves
06 Sep 07

Originally posted by Hindstein

What is frustrating though (and I say this fully in the knowledge that I can't generally complain about losing on time - it's the ...[text shortened]... he 1 day league in the first place.

But you say in your profile:

"I'll take the timeout and I expect you to do the same."

😕 Bit hypocritical don't you think?