2011 Championship

2011 Championship

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Feb 11

Originally posted by atticus2
Read from the start of the thread, moon1969. Then you'll realise Green Clubs has already been mentioned in dispatches. What seems obvious to you seems obvious to the rest of us too. Not much more we can do.

Is improvement from absolute patzer to 2200+ possible in a matter of weeks? To be quite frank, and scientifically accurate too, it isn't possible for ...[text shortened]... e [b]ever
. And for the lucky 1%? Maybe possible over several years, but not via RHP[/b]
Btw, I did submit a fair play ticket on him a month or two ago (the only one I have ever submitted and I didn't think I would do that). But I really did feel like I played two different people -- a medium player in my first game with him compared to a relentless strong player in my subsequent games with him a few weeks later. Maybe his wife did make some moves in the first game . . . Or something weird.

Anyway, it seemed odd, especially when I looked at his history him getting beat by 1200-1500 rated players, and then 3-4 months him later being at 2100-2200+, though in the fair play ticket I just said it was suspicious, and I had not pefromed any rigorous statistical analysis, for example. That I was just wondering, and it seemed odd but maybe explainable?

I really do hope he is a natural strong player, and there is an explanation other than assistance, and that a statistical review of his moves does not show assistance. Maybe I am naive, but I mean that.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
24 Feb 11

Green Clubs 'expired' literally as I was moving against him...before moving he was intact, after the star was gone.

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
25 Feb 11

Green Clubs has been trumped - with a very large spade 🙂

S
Sapan Rinpoche

Lyons, CO, USA, NA

Moves
25 Feb 11
1 edit

I have messaged Russ in this matter, but response has been slow. I understand that Green Clubs, who has been a member for a few months in our Club Colorado USA (RHP #221) group, has been banned from the site. What is the RHP process of adjudicating all of the pending games, or even completed games, of a player banned for cheating or other reason for a site Ban? I shall "kick him" from our honorable club when I find out what is going to happen with all of his pending games. Please weigh in with any knowledge which you have or advise us all as to the situation where a banned player is concerned. THANkS!

Kindest regards,

Sapan Rinpoche
CCOUSA Admin & Tournament Director

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
25 Feb 11

The banned player loses all his uncompleted games; hence, his opponents win. Be patient. The right results come along eventually. But there is an anomaly I feel: results stand for games already completed by the banned player.

Conductor

Zwolle

Moves
25 Feb 11

The banned player loses all his uncompleted games; hence, his opponents win. Be patient. The right results come along eventually. But there is an anomaly I feel: results stand for games already completed by the banned player.
Nice!😛

I have two games against him in a 21/28 tournament.
I moved yesterday, so I have to wait for 48 days to take the skulls! :'(

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
25 Feb 11

Not necessarily. I think it was in the '08 or '09 championship when there were 5 bannings in the final and nobody got any rating from it.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Mar 11

As of today we have six groups decided:

18 winner bozgy
27 winner daromott
62 wmsmith
63 SacTheKing
65 Carmine12
98 manusdoc

and we have one additional qualified person

15 c antares but more people could qualify.

There are some more groups with (seemingly) safe winner like group 92 Canada Scotsman would need to win all outstanding games (15) to win.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Mar 11

group 15 decided: C antunes (sorry for the typo in the last post)

Australia

Moves
20 Mar 11

for some odd reason, all of Green Clubs' games have been resigned except for two siege games. What happens to these when someone is banned?

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
21 Mar 11

The next two in the queue fight it out on Random colour selection?!

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Mar 11

Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
The next two in the queue fight it out on Random colour selection?!
The games will finish in due time and the opponent of him will be the winner and owner of the siege game. The question would be waht would happen if both players in one siege would be banned, then probably the next in line would become the new defemder by default. There could even be the situation that a siege board would be open for grabs 😉

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
25 Mar 11

Update:

Tournament 10998

9 groups decided. In addition to the last list:
61 cohonas
70 dikankan

2 qualified 57 David Tebb and 64 aquatabby

group 85 qwith the pecularity of GM Norblackheart who could technically still win.

three groups have nine possible winners still: 52, 53 and 103.

From 942 starters 468 have been eliminated and two haven't moved yet, diminishing their overall chances somewhat.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
29 Mar 11

update (and minor correction):

We have one new winner:

83 FourHorsemen

we have three more qualified: 25 Peaky1, 41 brku and 44 randolph

33 more players have left the battle.

Group 52 has now only 5 potential winners
Correction: group 103 has still all in the race.

R

Moves
01 Apr 11

Group 11 Decided
Winner: Me