1. Fichtekränzi
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 20:41
    Most of the games, which histories I restored, could be corrected automatically.
    Only one game had more than one halfmove to be added.
    I don't understand, why the games, where only one halfmove was missing,
    where corrected automatically.
    A simple change in the chess engine I wrote could do that correction.
    ( My chess engine is very bad, but I would like to create an own account
    only for this engine. Accourding to the TOS it is not allowed to USE an engine,
    but nobody said anything about BEEING an engine - we all have our little
    faults )
  2. Porthmadog
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 23:27
    Am I just not getting this or what? How are we suppose to know what the moves were? What does this mean?

a) The missing moves must be restored from memory.

When I try to put the 'correct' move in I get an invalid move message. This is all very frustrating, because I've got a couple of interesting games that I don't want to lose their history.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 12:171 edit
    Originally posted by Ari Brenin Cymru
    When I try to put the 'correct' move in I get an invalid move message.
    Are you sure you are using the correct format for putting in the moves? You have to put in the square the piece came from and the one it went to, and nothing else (no letters for the pieces or "x" if you captured a piece), e.g. c3e5. I did that wrong the first time I tried and got that "invalid move" message. When I put in a wrong move in the correct format in one game, it went through, but messed up the game (so I had to use the undo tool and correct the move).
  4. Porthmadog
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 19:03
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Are you sure you are using the correct format for putting in the moves? You have to put in the square the piece came from and the one it went to, and nothing else (no letters for the pieces or "x" if you captured a piece), e.g. c3e5. I did that wrong the first time I tried and got that "invalid move" message. When I put in a wrong move in the correct format ...[text shortened]... t went through, but messed up the game (so I had to use the undo tool and correct the move).
    Yes that worked! Thank you Nordlys! 🙂
  5. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 19:19
    So is this problem still going on?
    I started a game yesterday and everything has been fine up until just now.
    I went to analyze the board and it says:

"Sorry, this game has no move history".

But it had a game history on my last move.

I tried to put the game i.d on the end of the url provided at the start of this thread and I get this message:

"Game 4631410 cannot be fixed
    This game has a complete history, but it is corrupt and now cannot be fixed."

Can anything be done?

Thanks.
  6. Joined
    22 Apr '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 06:43
    I just saw this thread today. I have a few games I want to reconstruct, but there is no history at all. Are they gone forever?
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 13:47
    Originally posted by UNCLEBRO
    So is this problem still going on?
    I started a game yesterday and everything has been fine up until just now.
    I went to analyze the board and it says:

"Sorry, this game has no move history".

But it had a game history on my last move.

I tried to put the game i.d on the end of the url provided at the start of this thread and I get this message:

...[text shortened]... ete history, but it is corrupt and now cannot be fixed."

Can anything be done?

Thanks.
    I'm having the same problem. I know I had fixed all my corrupted games, but now I have another game giving me the "no move history" message. This game was working fine just yesterday, so apparently move history is still being corrupted somehow. Only one half move has been made since the problem began so I hope I get a chance to fix it.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 15:22
    Originally posted by wnmyers
    I just saw this thread today. I have a few games I want to reconstruct, but there is no history at all. Are they gone forever?
    If you use the link given in the first post of this thread, you'll be able to see all non-corrupted moves even though they don't show in the move history. If the first move is corrupt, there's nothing you can do, though.
  9. Joined
    22 Apr '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 15:54
    OK. When I tried that before, it only game me a partial history. I was worried that the rest was gone, but it just didn't show it. I restored one game. I'll do the rest later.
  10. San Diego
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 16:20
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I'm having the same problem. I know I had fixed all my corrupted games, but now I have another game giving me the "no move history" message. This game was working fine just yesterday, so apparently move history is still being corrupted somehow. Only one half move has been made since the problem began so I hope I get a chance to fix it.
    Same for me. I had a few corrupted games over a week ago. I successfully fixed them using the new tool. Now, a relatively new game, which was fine just yesterday, is now corrupt and cannot be fixed. Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks.
  11. San Diego
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 15:481 edit
    Also, when I e-mail my games to myself, I can see a full, accurate, valid PGN of its history. What gives? (Game 4567235)
  12. Joined
    20 Aug '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 00:31
    Golly, I wish this had not affected set piece games.

Nak
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 12:12
    Originally posted by HolyT
    Same for me. I had a few corrupted games over a week ago. I successfully fixed them using the new tool. Now, a relatively new game, which was fine just yesterday, is now corrupt and cannot be fixed. Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks.
    Same here. I had only 2 corrupted games, which I fixed, but now a number of games which finished before the corruption are saying that they have an incomplete game history.

D
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 12:31
    This hasn't been forgotten and will be addressed.

-Russ
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 09:27
    If you are having problems with corrected game histories, please take another look now.

Thanks,

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree