06 Feb '08 09:09
    Yes, just enter the King's move.

-Russ
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 12:46
    I will look into adding the option to fix bodged restored moves. (delete them so they can be re-entered)

Check back here in 48 hours, I should have something up.

-Russ
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 23:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will look into adding the option to fix bodged restored moves. (delete them so they can be re-entered)

-Russ
    Cool! Obviously you wouldn't want anyone to modify moves which were outside the date range of when the moves were lost.
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 11:39
    I've had a couple of problems.

Firstly, what exactly are we supposed to input for "Move 0"?

Secondly, what should we do about games registered as incomplete or incorrect that are not so?
  5. Standard memberscaredkitty
    Fearful Wanderer
    Where fear takes me
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 14:23
    If the first move was not recorded due to the problem, it cannot be fixed, so make sure you are not trying to fix a game where the initial move is corrupt. Happy fixing!
  6. San Diego
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 16:19
    I was fortunate to have had only one corrupted game with only a few missing moves. I used the tool and it worked like a charm! Thanks, Russ.
  7. Joined
    20 Aug '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 03:48
    The issue last week (Thread 86184) has resulted in the game history being switched off for all affected games. It is now possible to fix any missing entries from a game history. The following comments are reposted from another thread.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/gamefix.php?gameid=xxxxxx

Replace xxxxxx with the id for the ...[text shortened]... ll moves have been entered, you will be informed that the history is complete

-Russ
    Um, why not just capture the FENs for all active games and start recording them from now on. .

Nak
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 09:522 edits
    Originally posted by nakazanie
    Um, why not just capture the FENs for all active games and start recording them from now on. .

Nak
    Because in a lot of games, just a few moves are lost. Russ is giving the option to the players of those games to fill in those blanks. There probably are a lot of very interesting and instructive games which would have otherwise would have gone forever if it wasn't for this tool.

EDIT: Oops, Russ, you aren't a tool. 😉

EDIT: Actually, I see what you are getting at. You are talking about where games couldn't be repaired, then allow for games to play from the point of where it was lost onwards. All depends on how it was developed. I suppose it can be modified so it would be like a set game and play from that point. Although, in this case, they would be rated games.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 16:55

-Russ
    I just need another 24 hours on this...sorry for the delay.

-Russ
  10. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 19:35
    Fixed my games, and got my message log in the proper order too, thanks.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 22:11
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Does this affect in-game messages? And does the complete removal of the game history if you don't use the tool affect in-game messages?
    Anyone know the answer to this? I have a finished game with a message log I'd like to keep. I am not sure I can reconstruct the game anyway, but if that's what needs to be done to retain the message log, I would at least try; but if restoring the moves would result in erasing the messages, I'd rather leave the game without the move history.
  12. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 23:31
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Anyone know the answer to this? I have a finished game with a message log I'd like to keep. I am not sure I can reconstruct the game anyway, but if that's what needs to be done to retain the message log, I would at least try; but if restoring the moves would result in erasing the messages, I'd rather leave the game without the move history.
    When I reconstructed one of my games, I lost the message that was made on one of the moves that was corrupted, replacing the message with [Restored move]; I don't know if trying and failing would lose all the messages, but certainly those on corrupt moves are already...
  13. Joined
    20 Aug '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 23:57
    Originally posted by lausey
    Because in a lot of games, just a few moves are lost. Russ is giving the option to the players of those games to fill in those blanks. There probably are a lot of very interesting and instructive games which would have otherwise would have gone forever if it wasn't for this tool.

EDIT: Oops, Russ, you aren't a tool. 😉

EDIT: Actually, I see what you ar ...[text shortened]... like a set game and play from that point. Although, in this case, they would be rated games.
    Yes, all these moves are being made that aren't being recorded. One could just start recording them now so that their move histories would begin with a FEN. .pgn files can do this. Then people can go in with this tool and complete the games if they want.

Nak
  14. The sky
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 00:041 edit
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    When I reconstructed one of my games, I lost the message that was made on one of the moves that was corrupted, replacing the message with [Restored move]; I don't know if trying and failing would lose all the messages, but certainly those on corrupt moves are already...
    Thanks. I took the risk (after taking a copy of the message log), and it worked out fine. It turned out that only one move was corrupted, and once that was fixed, the messages of all the later moves were still there and now attributed to the correct person again.

Edit: Oops... The message log is fixed, but the move history isn't. Now I get the same error message others have been reporting earlier in this thread: "This game has a complete history, but it is corrupt and now cannot be fixed." 🙁
  15. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 01:51
    I can't analyze any games because i can't use that board properly? Will this be fixed w/i a week?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree