Game moderator vote II

Game moderator vote II

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
15 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Mctayto
Good God NO NO NO - not Korch or cmsmaster
LMAO - rec'd.

cmsmaster I could accept may be ok.

Korch - NO comment.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Based on korch's fair and unbiased forum crap, I would think he'd make a wonderfully fair and unbiased game mod....😠
My thoughts exactly. Korch can play chess but the character is not the sort of character to give power to of any description. Cmsmaster has shown himself in the forums to be a **** and not a viable candidate either. There are sufficient worthy candidates up for the vote so here's hoping ****heads don't get the positions.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
15 Mar 08
2 edits

Nice to see how two nice guys with impeccable characters - Dr Strangelove and Mctayto are denouncing Big Bad Korch 😀

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by Korch
Nice to see how two nice guys with impeccable characters - Dr Strangelove and Mctayto are denouncing Big Bad Korch 😀
😀 your welcome

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Would you take the position if offered ?
Yes.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by cashthetrash
I'll stop trolling, if you will stop manipulating. Let's see, if mods belong to the same clan they need to recluse themselves and then because of that more mods are now needed?

Also up until just recently (prior to this vote) you were in the same clan as a game mod/ a few forum mods. Was your leaving to recluse yourself just for this vote? Guilt by association or something?
We've seen in the past that often when a player got banned, his clan mates would scream and screech that there is no way that their beloved fellow Clan Xer could be a cheat. For some reason, there seems to be an irrational loyalty on this site to people in an organization that you've never met and know virtually nothing about.

And since so many people feel that way, the idea of a member of Clan A judging a fellow member of Clan A creates the appearance of impropriety. Whether justified or not, it would be better to simply eliminate any possibility of such an appearance by asking Game Mods to recuse from judging their own clan mates.

I have no idea what your second paragraph is talking about. If you are referring to catfoodtim's clan, he booted everybody as he felt the clan was a waste of time. Your last two paragraphs make no sense anyway.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
15 Mar 08

I like this idea a lot, which means the mod team would probably need more than 4 people just in case a problem arises with co-clan members.

N

The sky

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
...because we also had only 3 votes in the first game mod vote.

I can't presume that things will work the same in future as they did in the past, but generally before the admins banned anyone, every mod had to agree (a form of sign off) that in their opinion there was overwhelming evidence, beyond reasonable doubt.

It only took one dissension, or ...[text shortened]... that justice is better served and that decisions have greater weight with a consensus verdict.
This sounds like another good argument for two sub-teams that work mostly independently after the cases are assigned to one sub-team (I say "mostly" because I imagine the sub-team working on a case might ask the other sub-team or a member of it for specific help or verification in some cases). I am still a bit surprised that you are so much against this idea.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
15 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
I like this idea a lot, which means the mod team would probably need more than 4 people just in case a problem arises with co-clan members.
I and a lot of my friends voted for:
Gatecrasher
David Tebb
~TONY~

It looks like another person is going to sneak in, korch... but I'm not at all worried that he might get in, Afterall, Claudi was in and look what happened to him!

So yeah, as long ad Gatecrasher and Tebb are in there and maybe we can get ~TONY~, I'll be happy. 🙂

R
The Rams

Moves
15 Mar 08

I would say the best people for it are
-Gatecrasher, Tebb or Korch for their knowledge of the game. Of the three, GC is probably the most dedicated to the job?
- Tony or Phlabibit for their experience on the site

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
15 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Arrakis
I and a lot of my friends voted for:
Gatecrasher
David Tebb
~TONY~

It looks like another person is going to sneak in, korch... but I'm not at all worried that he might get in, AfteralIfl, Claudi was in and look what happened to him!

So yeah, as long ad Gatecrasher and Tebb are in there and maybe we can get ~TONY~, I'll be happy. 🙂
Actually I voted for Gatecrasher David Tebb and ~TONY~ too , and agree that they can be good mods, but probably its only point in which we can find consensus.

What concerns your text "It looks like another person is going to sneak in, korch... but I'm not at all worried that he might get in, Afterall, Claudi was in and look what happened to him!" I should ask you few questions:

1)If you are "not at all worried" that I may become mod why did you start your anti-campaign against me? According to your PM (you have send to me) you have started to send acusing PMs to other players and feedback only after I applied to new mod team. Wasn`t it done to affect results of voting and admins decision?

2)Can you explain why do you make public and private accusations against person against which you have no serious evidence (except obvious "I`m losing you must be cheating" syndrome) and at the same time have accepted into your clan person who have been previously banned for cheating? Isn`t it obvious hypocrisy?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I don't agree that a unanimous verdict is necessary esp. when Game Mods are unavailable for whatever reason. I also think that Game Mods in the same clans should recuse themselves from deliberations and if that is in effect, then more mods are necessary.
I would like to see a team larger than 5 even, but it should probably be less than 10.

Maybe they should have a votes system where mods can weight their vote?
Say the team consists of 5 mods and they can vote 0,1,2 - zero being low, 1 being high and 2 a certain probability of the user being a cheat.
The team would then need a vote of 5 points to ban the player, meaning only 3 mods are needed to ban a player.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Yes.
No need to change a wasted vote then 😛

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
15 Mar 08

I've gotta say, the one thing that's great about having a stupid and obnoxious handle such as mine is that it's really easy to see when people drop your name. 😀

l

back in business

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by ludz
Its looks like the vote went like this :-

1. David Tebb 160
2. Korch 159
3. Gatecrasher 149
4. !~TONY~! 81
5. Phlabibit 78

265 voters is laughable for a site with thousands of members. There should be at least 2000-5000 voters and they should choose 10 game mods. Why nearly 10 forum mods and only 3 game mods when very few uses the forum but everyone plays?
As I said in the chess forum 3 game mods is rediculous with there being 10 forum mods. Someone pointed out that there are about 50-100 forum users hence the low vote turnout.