1. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 18:29
    If this whole process of a MOD TEAM is to scare players then wouldn't it make more sense to keep the team seamless from a public vote and invisible to the site players? Wouldn't this be more of a deterrent to "cheating" the the current method? Yes, if Russ wants a Mod Team by all means create one but to have forum noise be the virtue to creating such a process is not efficient and a diservice to the general members. As in chess the threat of a pin is greater than...
  2. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 18:35
    Originally posted by dooser2004
    Hello applicants,

do you mind to put down a few lines about yourself and your motives and qualifications to take up this post?!

[...]
    Hi dooser2004

I have replied in a forum which has alot more comments:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=89500&page=2#post_1684166

Cheers,
    Gezza
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 18:54
    Good God NO NO NO - not Korch or cmsmaster
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 18:561 edit
    is it really a good idea to be able to see the results so far before you've voted? You also have a chance to recast your vote after seeing the current results.

Wouldn't it be fairer if the results are shown when the vote closes?

Thomas
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 19:07
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Good God NO NO NO - not Korch or cmsmaster
    Yes, well thanks for your support.

Like me or not, I think it's quite clear that I don't cheat.
  6. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 19:13
    If you think you belong on the MOD TEAM by virtue of your low rating and that "I don't cheat" then that should be your exclusion right away. We want people on the MOD TEAM that UNDERSTAND CHESS!!!!
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 19:14
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Yes, well thanks for your support.

Like me or not, I think it's quite clear that I don't cheat.
    I don't always agree with you, but I would be 99.9 % sure you don't cheat !!!
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 19:17
    Originally posted by Katonah
    If you think you belong on the MOD TEAM by virtue of your low rating and that "I don't cheat" then that should be your exclusion right away. We want people on the MOD TEAM that UNDERSTAND CHESS!!!!
    There is also alot of gruelling grunt work that has to be done, that is very time consuming, that you don't have to be an expert or master to do, but would certainly assist them in their anaylsis!!
  9. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 19:37
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I had thought they might put more than 3 on the team though, it seems like quite a load of work for 3 men to look after on a site as big as this with all the members...Anyone aware of how many members we have on this site? I am sure it is massive !
    I don't think you can imply the number of mods that will be selected from the number of votes each of us has. I think there will be at least 4 mods, and more likely 5 or 6.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 19:511 edit
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    I don't think you can imply the number of mods that will be selected from the number of votes each of us has. I think there will be at least 4 mods, and more likely 5 or 6.
    I was thinking that 6-8 with the amount of work that would be involved, and the amount of people that are on the site. But 5-6 is sure better than 3 😉 !!! Last I heard free speech was ok, oh and by the way, you have my support, not that it matters much...It was a given that you would be back on the team !!!

P.S. Just because I don't like the way a certain matter was handled, doesn't mean I don't respect what you have put into making the site, a better place for us. I do realize the hours you sacrifice for the site, and kudo's to you for it.!!!
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 21:271 edit
    Originally posted by Katonah
    Ha, well...I'm pretty sure I have at least a decent understanding of chess as well (Though not 2000+ like yours). You're welcome to challenge me if you have this idea that I'm a patzer or something...

I'd prefer to play on ICC though, my username is CMSSacrifice.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 21:48
    I hope that is correct; I think at least 5 are needed.
  13. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 22:06
    Originally posted by Korch
    I think I`m one of these "well known and outspoken on the forums" applicant, but if anyone has particular questions I`m ready to answer.
    do you play the kazoo and do you wonder why the stars sparkle in the sky?
  14. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 22:12
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    do you play the kazoo and do you wonder why the stars sparkle in the sky?
    No 😛
  15. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 22:34
    Top 4 then

Dave

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree