1. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 22:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I hope that is correct; I think at least 5 are needed.
    Well, its just a guess: Last time there was a vote, four mods were selected, but two resigned after a very short stint. So I'm guessing Russ has no reason to choose a smaller team this time, and every reason to make it larger. But a team that is too large may struggle to reach timeous consensus on cases.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 22:53
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Well, its just a guess: Last time there was a vote, four mods were selected, but two resigned after a very short stint. So I'm guessing Russ has no reason to choose a smaller team this time, and every reason to make it larger. But a team that is too large may struggle to reach timeous consensus on cases.
    I see just a guess, like my 3 was just a guess...I thought it was pretty good one, being we were asked to check only 3 names 😉

I don't understand how more people on a team, would be a problem, but then I don't know how the process works like you do for sure 🙂 !!
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 23:41
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Yes, well thanks for your support.

Like me or not, I think it's quite clear that I don't cheat.
    🙂 I guess as long as you don't get to be a forum mod
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 23:43
    I hope that is correct; I think at least 5 are needed.
    So you hope they can stretch the number out just far enough to include you and then quit?
  5. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 23:45
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I see just a guess, like my 3 was just a guess...I thought it was pretty good one, being we were asked to check only 3 names. I don't understand how more people on a team, would be a problem, but then I don't know how the process works like you do for sure !!
    ...because we also had only 3 votes in the first game mod vote.

I can't presume that things will work the same in future as they did in the past, but generally before the admins banned anyone, every mod had to agree (a form of sign off) that in their opinion there was overwhelming evidence, beyond reasonable doubt.

It only took one dissension, or one vacation, or one slacker, and the outcome of a case could be delayed indefinitely. Even with the limited number of mods in the past, it could often take some lobbying and prioritizing to get a case closed and referred to the admins for action.

As the number of mods increase, individual workload might come down, but the potential for logistical delays would escalate. Somewhere, there is an optimal balance.

Of course, it's possible the admins might accept a majority verdict if there are a greater number of mods in the future, but I still think that justice is better served and that decisions have greater weight with a consensus verdict.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 00:28

I can't presume that things will work the same in future as they did in the past, but generally before the admins banned anyone, every mod had to agree (a form of sign off) that in their opinion there was overwhelming evidence, beyond reasonable doubt.

It only took one dissension, or ...[text shortened]... that justice is better served and that decisions have greater weight with a consensus verdict.
    That was very well explained, and thank you, I have a better understanding.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 00:521 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    So you hope they can stretch the number out just far enough to include you and then quit?
    I stated before the vote there should be at least 5, so you can stick your trolling. I didn't, and don't, really expect to be named no matter where I finish in the voting.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 00:55

It only took one dissension, or ...[text shortened]... that justice is better served and that decisions have greater weight with a consensus verdict.
    I don't agree that a unanimous verdict is necessary esp. when Game Mods are unavailable for whatever reason. I also think that Game Mods in the same clans should recuse themselves from deliberations and if that is in effect, then more mods are necessary.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 01:56
    I stated before the vote there should be at least 5, so you can stick your trolling. I didn't, and don't, really expect to be named no matter where I finish in the voting.
    Would you take the position if offered ?
  10. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 02:16
    I don't agree that a unanimous verdict is necessary esp. when Game Mods are unavailable for whatever reason. I also think that Game Mods in the same clans should recuse themselves from deliberations and if that is in effect, then more mods are necessary.
    Can't disagree. That's perfectly reasonable.
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 03:424 edits
    I'll stop trolling, if you will stop manipulating. Let's see, if mods belong to the same clan they need to recluse themselves and then because of that more mods are now needed?

Also up until just recently (prior to this vote) you were in the same clan as a game mod/ a few forum mods. Was your leaving to recluse yourself just for this vote? Guilt by association or something?
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 05:14
    Perhaps it may be too little too late for me to get voted in, but I think I should still make an argument for myself.

You guys have to understand that having a high rating on this site doesn't mean anything if you can't prove you're a real player.

There have been cheating accusations around a couple of the high rated players applying for the mod team, which would automatically make me skeptical of them, but that's for you guys to decide.

Anyhow, !~Tony~!, Tebb, and Crasher are solid. Crasher seems to have, by far, the most experience when it comes to catching engine abusers.

As to the doubts about my ability to discern engine users from real players, I may not be as strong as those 3 I listed above, but I would certainly have some idea.

My biggest benefit has to be that I'm more strict and vocal than the other candidates. Honestly, I would prefer to have a ban first, ask questions later type of setup - although I doubt Russ would go for it. Honestly, some people are beyond blatant cheaters and allowing them to play on this site is just inane.

If you guys have any other questions about my credentials, see some of my other posts in Announcements in the original (now closed) thread.
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 05:19
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    🙂 I guess as long as you don't get to be a forum mod
    Personally, I think I'd be a pretty badass forum mod.
  14. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 06:481 edit
    Go CMS, Korch, Gatecrasher and David Tebb. And CMS you better ban first ask questions later.
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 10:20
    Based on korch's fair and unbiased forum crap, I would think he'd make a wonderfully fair and unbiased game mod....😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree