Game moderator vote II

Game moderator vote II

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Me too. Popular he may not be, but he's got a drive to out cheats that could speed up the process if he wanted to use it.
I won't say who I voted for because just like the posts I rec someone would hit me with a pillowcase full of doorknobs if they knew.

The vote has been at 305 users most of today, will that number go up at all?

P-

Oregon Rain

Moves
17 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
It's clear from your post that you have personal issues with someone that has many votes and therefore don't want him in the Mod Team. Your own disagreement is then based on popularity.

The amount of hypocrisy in this thread is simply unbelievable.
Nonsense. Check my forum threads (if I had more than 5 let me know). I have no personal issues with anyone here.

As one user (sorry I forget whom) has stated this vote should have been sent to all registered users rather than just forum readers. Hence this has become a popularity contest reminiscent of high school cliques.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by TalonBoss
Nonsense. Check my forum threads (if I had more than 5 let me know). I have no personal issues with anyone here.

As one user (sorry I forget whom) has stated this vote should have been sent to all registered users rather than just forum readers. Hence this has become a popularity contest reminiscent of high school cliques.
You actually have a point. I frequently discover a vote has taken place despite my being unaware that it was in progress.
Personally I would be totally in favour of an automated message to all members advising them of a pending vote.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by dooser2004
Eventhough I don´t share most of his opinions I did vote for No1.

As his post show he would not hesitate even to kick the most popular guy, friend or even his mom of this site if they would turn out to be cheaters and that is exactly what we need...
My mom cheated against me ................. ONCE!!!!!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by TalonBoss
Hence this has become a popularity contest reminiscent of high school cliques.
Hence? Why?

Still you provide no basis for the assertion that this is a popularity contest. Who do you think is being voted for his "popularity"?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
17 Mar 08

Hence? Why?

Still you provide no basis for the assertion that this is a popularity contest. Who do you think is being voted for his "popularity"?
No1.[/sarcasm]

Oregon Rain

Moves
17 Mar 08

Hence? Why?

Of course I provided a basis. This vote is only known to those that frequent the forums.

I would think this point would be obvious, but I guess not in your case.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by MissOleum
If you haven't decided on your 3 choices, read through this thread carefully and judge for yourself the candidates most likely to be conscientious, hardworking people who will work together as a team to make decisions without favouritism or prejudice. If you're still not sure, check out the other forum postings made by the same person, when they were not being "on their best behaviour" in this thread.
ROFLMAO...You couldn't spell that out a little clearer for me could you 😉

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
My mom cheated against me ................. ONCE!!!!!
Quotes from Johnny Dangerously will not be tolerated

Dave

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Mctayto
You actually have a point. I frequently discover a vote has taken place despite my being unaware that it was in progress.
Personally I would be totally in favour of an automated message to all members advising them of a pending vote.
I was the first one to vote when I woke up that morning...so I posted in a few forums...and with the help of Korch...we let people know.

I was then given grief by huck saying I was "spamming" the forums by just posting "Game Mod Vote" and giving the link ( Korch helped me with that )

A PM from the admins would have been better I agree...but at least I tried to make sure everyone knew the vote was going on so that all could have their say upon this crucial matter.

If this has turned into just a popularity vote as some of you say then why has noone else been in the forums telling people to vote?

I posted in both of my clan private forums to let everyone know.

Everyone here plays games with other people so you could always include it in a message during the game "Did you vote yet for Game Mods"?

Dave

Oregon Rain

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by nmdavidb
I was the first one to vote when I woke up that morning...so I posted in a few forums...and with the help of Korch...we let people know.

I was then given grief by huck saying I was "spamming" the forums by just posting "Game Mod Vote" and giving the link ( Korch helped me with that )

A PM from the admins would have been better I agree...but at least I ...[text shortened]... d always include it in a message during the game "Did you vote yet for Game Mods"?

Dave
Perhaps your post was one I read that informed of the vote. If so I thank you for that.

On a different subject I would like to see those that do become game mods drop out of tournaments and clan games. This would definitely help avoid the temptation to abuse the position and hopefully avoid another cludi fiasco.

Plus those that nominated themselves might think twice about wanting to be a game mod if they knew they wouldn't be eligible for clan or tournament games.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
18 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
I agree with no1. This thing should be closed and a team should be decided on soon.
I agree that the vote can be closed, and as we've learned from the past there is too much work for only 3 mods so I would suggest the top 5 winners become game mods. It's going to take a while to train the 3 new mods about the tools and 'systems' used, so we need to start this action ASAP.

Good Luck to all of you.
Arrakis

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
18 Mar 08

Seconded

Dave

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Me too. Popular he may not be, but he's got a drive to out cheats that could speed up the process if he wanted to use it.
Yeah...he is not biased or rascist at all

Canadian money is gay

Taken from the sports forum.

Look out Canadians and anyone who chooses to not be heterosexual.

Dave

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by nmdavidb
Yeah...he is not biased or rascist at all

[b]Canadian money is gay

Taken from the sports forum.

Look out Canadians and anyone who chooses to not be heterosexual.

Dave[/b]
I wonder if by gay he means the money is happy, or that the money is homosexual, and if it is the latter, how could paper be homosexual?
I remember when gay = Happy 😉 !!!

Now I know why I never Voted for him !!!