New boad interface released

New boad interface released

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
24 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
Above the game, there are links to "My Games", "Board Style", "Game History", and "Message Log". "Game History" is the one you are looking for. You won't get the coloured squares there (not sure what you mean by multiple colours, there are just green, aren't they? 😕), nor in the analyze board.
Thank you, but am I to assume that I now have to live with a botched up version of my former graphic settings? That I not only can not enjoy the previous graphics, BUT now have to go out of my way to ERASE these HORRENDOUS graphics that show different colors on the chessboard!?

I kept my membership with this site because I liked the graphical interface. However, I do not like the changes that shows me different colors on the chessboard. It's difficult enough to play high quality chess w/o distractions, much less this problem. The sooner Russ changes this nasty board configuration the better.

I'm certainly not going to put up with it.

s
Realist

Knoxville, TN, US

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by Russ
The new board interface was released today. There are plenty of architectural changes (for reasons to be announced soon), plus a number of presentation changes and new features.

As stated before, some people with older browser may experience problems, so a legacy interface is available.

From the board settings page, click the link contained below :

[ ...[text shortened]... an upgrade your browser. (All current versions of most browsers should be compatible.)

-Russ
Fantastic! My investment in this site has been worth every penny!

d

Vancouver, Canada

Moves
24 Feb 06

I like the changes - some great stuff on the analyze board! However, one small complaint to go with the praise, the analyze window does not remember its size, and on my small laptop screen, it's a bit of a pain to resize and move it each session.

Thanks for the excellent site!

DS

Moves
24 Feb 06

I posted earlier that I liked the new analyze feature, and now, having used it alot, I must say I like it even more.

Thanks Russ. Excellent work.

Daniel

Bucharest

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by Russ
Please see the leading post from this thread and use the legacy board. This should help.

-Russ
Russ, i've switched to the older board version (for my mobile browser) and now it's ok. Thanks!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by arrakis
I liked the board, pieces and graphics just the way they were. Now the pieces are ugly and the board is ugly... and what the heck is going on with the "altering colors of the squares on the board" showing where the opponent's piece moved FROM and where to? I HATE THIS! It really, really interferes with my concentration.

Please make that a feature we can turn off!
This has been on the site from day 1. (well, not quite, but nearly.)

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Feb 06

Thank you, but am I to assume that I now have to live with a botched up version of my former graphic settings? That I not only can not enjoy the previous graphics, BUT now have to go out of my way to ERASE these HORRENDOUS graphics that show different colors on the chessboard!?

I kept my membership with this site because I liked the graphical interface. H ...[text shortened]... anges this nasty board configuration the better.

Clam down, take a deep breath, and then please tell me :

Which chess set, which board? More details please, and then I can take a look at it and hopefully sort it out for you.

-Russ

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Feb 06

I kept my membership with this site because I liked the graphical interface. H ...[text shortened]... anges this nasty board configuration the better.

Get your knickers out of a bunch, you self important git. The from and To squares ALWAYS were displayed as different colours: green. The tone of the green has been changed by request from multiple users, because it wasn't distinct enough on the dark squares. As I said, 1 further click (Game History) and you have a colourless chess board.

Maybe thats why you've never been as strong on here as you claim to be in real life. The bloody move indicator colours have retarded your rating by about 300 points on here. I wonder why you never noticed it before though.

D

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Feb 06
1 edit

It was a big upgrade, so I am reassured to see so many positive comments, so thanks everyone. I knew there would be problems (mainly browser related, it appears some Mac users on older browsers are having real problems in particular, but nothing a quick upgrade won't solve) but on the whole, things have gone well.

A big thanks to those who helped beta all the changes, without those guys there was no gurantee it would have gone as smoothly as it did.

(XanthosNZ, Ragnorak, Nordlys, richjohnson, point, Chakan, stocken, Freddie2006, Wildfire, mrmist, Aiko, KJCavalier, blindcheesecake, the one00, MRoberts & reader1107)

And a special mention to one disgruntled user how has chosen to Spam out feedback system repeatedly over and over again in protest at the changes. Thanks. It really helps us solve your problems quicker when you do that. 😉

-Russ

S

Nantes

Moves
24 Feb 06

'm loving the new layout !

Very good job ! 🙂

s

Gloucestershire , UK

Moves
24 Feb 06

i'm liking the new board features, but the pieces, what happened to the pieces,

maybe an option to change the piece size as they are way to big for my liking at the moment, all a little cramped at the moment

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
24 Feb 06

In the next update can you just edit out Jar Jar Binks?

Wait, wrong world, sorry.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
Russ-
I updated my browser(windows XP and OE), then gave it a try. My analyze game was still doing the same thing - loading painfully slowly each time a piece was clicked on(all pices disappear for about 5 seconds, and then reapear in ones and twos over the next 15-20 seconds).
So I followed the instructions in your post (that I'm quoting here). Now th ...[text shortened]... ll more memory on my pc will the analyze game work properly back on the modern browser setting?
There is an IE7 beta out now that works very well for the updates here. There are some other issues with it on other sites, but for the most part works very well. I would recomend checking it out.

N

The sky

Moves
24 Feb 06

So you consider leaving the site because of two HORRENDOUS green squares which you can't get rid of without having to make the HUGE effort of one mouse click? BUT you can't do that! Who is going to PSYCHOANALYSE me if you LEAVE? :'(:'(:'(

cg

Moves
24 Feb 06

Mac OS 9 and 10, and the browser is microsoft internet explorer. It has now been TWO DAYS SINCE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE A MOVE THANKS TO YOUR "UPGRADES". I WILL QUIT THIS SITE IF THIS DOES NOT GET RESOLVED. THIS IS RIDICULOUSS AND INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!