1. Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 09:51
    Originally posted by tbearc3896
    If you find a group to help those addicted to RHP, let me know! The family says I have a chess problem, LOL! 🙄
    Mine say that to me too.

Excellent Upgrade, Russ.
  2. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 12:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. London
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 16:27
    Excellent work Russ!
  4. London
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 17:08
    Originally posted by gezza
    English grammar aside, legacy mode does provide support for those of us with better things to do than chase the latest Beta release of Internet Explorer. For people without endless amounts of time on their hands, upgrading an essential tool like a web browser is something done rarely, only with good reason, and when there is enough time to recover the old version if the new should fail.
    You don't have to try out a beta release; you don't even have to move up to the current release of IE. Trying out Firefox is ridiculously easy and completely reversible. You can have two (or more) browsers installed on any personal computer, and Firefox (at least) does not insist on being your default browser.

I use both a Mac PowerBook and a Dell laptop. On the Mac I have Safari as the default and Firefox as an alternative for some sites (mostly forms-heavy one) that seem to work better with that; on the Dell Firefox is the default and I use IE only for Microsoft Update and the few sites I am willing to visit that will work with nothing else.

All that said, I agree that there is no excuse for racially-slanted rudeness.
  5. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 19:54
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    You don't have to try out a beta release; you don't even have to move up to the current release of IE. Trying out Firefox is ridiculously easy and completely reversible. You can have two (or more) browsers installed on any personal computer, and Firefox (at least) does not insist on being your default browser.

I use both a Mac PowerBook and a Dell lap ...[text shortened]... nothing else.

All that said, I agree that there is no excuse for racially-slanted rudeness.
    The updates work fine for me on Firefox 1.0.6. Thanks, Russ. I appreciate the flip sides feature. That means a lot.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 20:47
    A fix just went up for the legacy board so Web TV support continued. Anyone having problems with the legacy board may find it now works.

-Russ
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    27 Feb '06 02:38
    who recced every post in this thread 😠
  8. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    27 Feb '06 11:44
    Originally posted by Coconut
    No idea but I would like an extra cookie ... thanks in advance.
  9. Home
    Moves
    27 Feb '06 14:04
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I believe it is Darth Sponge. He is the only one in the thread, at the time of this post, without a rec, sence you can't reck you self, this is the most logical guess.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Feb '06 15:02
    Originally posted by orfeo
    A small point: on Game History, clicking the 'fast forward' button used to always reset to the current game position no matter what other fiddling I did - trying out possible moves, etc. Now, however, it only works if I am displaying an actual historical position. If I've moved pieces, the button doesn't seem to work at all.

Was this intentional?
    I think it is like that to encourage users to use the new functionality in the analyse board. I also think its to promote the fact that if you want to mess around with the pieces, go to analyse game and use all the features.

D
  11. Forgotten
    Moves
    27 Feb '06 19:47
    I am not sure if anyone has posted this yet.On the analisis board en passant doesnt work.the "captured" pawn is still on the board.I am not sure if the old board worked correctly or not as I dont think I ever tried en passant on it
  12. Subscriberdaniv
    Daniel
    Bucharest
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 07:27
    Originally posted by Russ
    Please see the leading post from this thread and use the legacy board. This should help.

-Russ
    Hello Russ - about legacy/mobile board - its fine on Opera Mobile 8.51 - the only thing is that I cannot promote pawn (the links for Queen, Rook, Bishop or Knight are inactive), even if I switch (on Opera browser too) to "Modern Board"'(. Could you help us with this correction?
    Thanks
    Daniel
    PS: on IE6 it works fine...🙂:
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 10:06
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    I am not sure if anyone has posted this yet.On the analisis board en passant doesnt work.the "captured" pawn is still on the board.I am not sure if the old board worked correctly or not as I dont think I ever tried en passant on it
    En Passent and castling aren't implemented in the analyse board screen. They never were.

D
  14. Forgotten
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 19:26
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    En Passent and castling aren't implemented in the analyse board screen. They never were.

D
    True,but when you castle you may move the king and then move the rook.When promoting a pawn ,you can move the pawn as you would move the piece you promoted to,I see no way to "get rid"of the en passant captured pawn.I just used a real chess board for that move to analise on.I know it works.;
  15. Joined
    27 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 04:00
    Since new interface i rarely see all pices on board. Usually either clicking on squares or refresh my browser 2-3 times before i see all the pieces.

Likewise i see very little of the analysis board, but as soon as i click anywhere on the board i finally see the pieces.

Im using latest release of XP with latest release of Opera 8.52 browser

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree