Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 17:34
    @mctayto said
    @mghrn55 if you going to do the job of whistle blower then blow properly 😛

15,000 moves a month and that is all you can come up with, what a lazy sod
    Your post displays a complete lack of understanding of how the ratings formula works.
    Allow me to help.
    If a player loses a game to an equally rated player, that player's rating will drop by 16 points.
    It doesn't matter if that player has made 15000 or 15 moves that month.
    Look up the formula in the FAQ's. Uh, never mind !
    I knew sooner or later, you'd try to hide your cheating behind your game volume.
    You can easily toss a 100 or more games a month irregardless of the thousands you play every month.
    You just need to toss enough tournament games to wipe out the rating gains made from your clan games against overmatched opponents.

Not only are you a cheat.
    You are a lousy cheat at that !!
    It was too easy to catch you in the act !!

It doesn't matter what Russ does about you.
    You're busted !!! 😛
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 17:381 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I hear you, pal.

But I just wouldn't leave this site or any other because of a couple of useless twits !!
    In my opinion, let's not flatter these clowns !!

The bigger worry is how to sustain the clan feature in the future.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 01:182 edits
    Now Lemondrop has started tossing non-clan games left and right.
    I counted about 15 games in a row where he let the game reach 5 moves, then abruptly resigns the game.
    His rating is now down to 1119.

These characters are just thumbing their noses at the clan community and site administration.

And I know that I have gotten to them.
    Their attitude appears to be to heck with the clan feature.
    And lemondrop is throwing one of his childish tantrums.

Site administration should deal with these clowns sooner than later.
    Or maybe just consider discontinuing the clan feature altogether.
  7. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    20 Jul '19 20:481 edit
    @mctayto said
    @mghrn55 if you going to do the job of whistle blower then blow properly 😛

15,000 moves a month and that is all you can come up with, what a lazy sod
    incredible amount of moves in one month, i assume you still don't have a life away from the keyboard
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 18:18
    @wycombe-al said
    incredible amount of moves in one month, i assume you still don't have a life away from the keyboard
    Two members of the clan community didn't like your astute observation.
    Wonder which two ? 😛
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    23 Jul '19 07:17
    @mghrn55 said
    Two members of the clan community didn't like your astute observation.
    Wonder which two ? 😛
    My guess would be the same person
    Someone with a history of having multi accounts.
    Not that hard for admin to see who is thumbing and look at ip addresses.
    But better idea...boot the cheats out now.
  10. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 00:14
    @mghrn55

To many people enjoying and working very hard to do well in the current clan system. Russ will never get rid of it. The site would lose it's excitement. I don't see that ever happening. At least I hope not, our clan has worked really hard to be where we are. Although we are on a bit of a down slide.
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 02:372 edits
    @vespin said
    @mghrn55

To many people enjoying and working very hard to do well in the current clan system. Russ will never get rid of it. The site would lose it's excitement. I don't see that ever happening. At least I hope not, our clan has worked really hard to be where we are. Although we are on a bit of a down slide.
    Thank you for your comments.
    At this point we don’t know what Russ is going to do.
    Some suggestions to changes to the clan system, separate rating, could be problematic.
    He may or may not be looking into it. He did drop a hint in mid-March about looking into some possible action.
    We haven’t heard anything since.
    I’m sure he has lots on his plate, technical upgrades, security issues, Android/IOS upgrades, etc.

Nonetheless, members in the clan community know what’s going at the top of the clan table this year.
    I’m sure Russ is aware of what is going on. He may or may not do anything about it.
    But one thing is sure. Lemondrop’s clan is clearly over the line.
    And everybody knows it. The evidence I have provided is clear cut.

Many are aware that Metallica has finished on top several years in succession.
    I am sure there are more than a few members of the clan community who would like Metallica to get their comeuppance.
    And that is ok. This happens in sports all the time.
    But is this what you really want ?
    To have a fraudulent clan get this fraudulent result ?
    Because that is what this year will be. A farce !
    And the biggest victim here is the clan feature.

As to your clan ?
    You are the leader of a clan, Breaking Bad, that has turned itself around from the 2016 collusion fiasco and appears to be playing clean with a high number of challenges and getting decent results.
    That is commendable.
    Yet you are part of lemondrop’s clan !! Why ??
    That subtracts from your progress with your own clan Breaking Bad.
    How many games has Lemondrop assigned you ?
    Next to nothing from what I have seen.
    They are all going to McTayto who has been clearly exposed as a cheat !!
    Do you really want to be associated with this clan ?
    If you want to demonstrate that you’ve turned the corner with your clan, then dump this farce of lemondrop’s clan you are with.
    Don’t let these clowns tarnish your good progress.
  12. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 05:16
    @mghrn55

I appreciate your comments, especially the civil and kind ones. I'll be honest to a fault here. I don't get into the politics and hardly post. Most of all the clans do not post, and don't have a clue what is going on in here. But it doesn't take away their hard work.

I spend over twenty hours a week vetting every game, every match, and I don't do it the easy way with ratings which mean nothing, TER which only tells you what they are now going into a tournament, I look at games. And it takes so many hours I actually fall asleep at my laptop.

You ask why I want to be associated with them? Keep in mind I have never met anyone on this site.

However, Mac was really good to me when I got here. Just through messaging, and not a lot, but enough to get to know someone a little.

I am loyal to who I consider a friend. If my friend committed murder, I would visit him in prison. I lived in some really bad places, where more than half the people are now back to a ten year stretch, or life in prison. When I can, I go visit or I write.

Now, everyone in this forum know so much more than me, I can't keep up with a verbal fight. I only know one way.

I don't want anyone thinking anything poorly of my clan. My players, some of who you know, are all great, and kind people. We all work hard.

I don't ever turn my back on anyone I consider a friend. I don't even understand half of what you guys say in here. I wish I did. I am not a coder, or an Tech person. And I have no answers to even add.

Although on a personal note I do like the idea of clan ratings being separate from tournaments. It would help the smaller clans like mine and others. But what do I know?

I don't post much, because I'll get crushed, and I swore never to lose my temper in here again. I won't do it. I don't even want to argue.

So I figure Russ will do what he feels is best at some point.

In giving my opinion, it is not to throw any dirt at anyone. I just find it better to stay out of it. Nobody listens to me anyway.

Oh, Lemon gave me the amount of games I asked for. He would give me more, but I had to get rid of my tournaments, and I had to feel better. I had a few surgeries.

But you guys know I stink at chess. I play because it's fun, and when I can't sleep, chess is always waiting for me.

I appreciate your opinion, and the kind words, I can also see your point a view. But my entire life, because I had to, I could never turn my back on a friend. I can't change now at my age. It is not a middle finger at you, or anyone in here. And especially the site or clan system.

I do like like the clan ratings to be different as a good idea. There are a lot of really high ranked players I have spoken to that feel this way to, they added that every game in a clan match should be finished no matter who will win or lose. I think if we add that, then everyone who plays in clan matches will have a real rating that we can all trust.

Now I gave you how I feel. And maybe it does not belong in here, if not then I apologize. I like to leave it to the experts who know what they are doing. I'm not saying anyone is wrong here, just that I am not qualified to change anything.

But I hope people will see how many games and matches we have played, and how hard we have worked, meaning Breaking Bad. It's a clan all by itself working hard and most of all fair. To take that way from us would be the biggest crime.

I hope you don't feel that way or anyone else. These kind of talks are much better than blasting each other or calling each other names. I think everyone can get a lot more achieved, and more people would join in. In my humble opinion.

I also understand what your saying about being associated with this person or that person. But with all the thousands of players on this site, or all the clan players, we can say the same about so many of them as well. Instead of who we associate with, maybe it is better to talk to Russ and Admin without personal attacks. And I am not accusing you of any of this, just making a blanket statement.

I hope even a little of this makes sense.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 12:52
    @vespin said
    @mghrn55

I appreciate your comments, especially the civil and kind ones. I'll be honest to a fault here. I don't get into the politics and hardly post. Most of all the clans do not post, and don't have a clue what is going on in here. But it doesn't take away their hard work.

I spend over twenty hours a week vetting every game, every match, and I don't do it the easy ...[text shortened]... g you of any of this, just making a blanket statement.

I hope even a little of this makes sense.
    vespin,

I really can see you wanting to be loyal to someone who was kind to you when no one else was. As has been said you've turned around a clan (Breaking Bad Clan) and did it in a clean respectable way.

Short version: by being part of Lemondrops Clan you are indeed making yourself look like you are ok with what they are doing throwing games to keep their ratings in the 1000's, that gets a bit ridiculous looking to those of us who have played against both Mctayto and Lemondrop knowing they are much better players more around 1500's than what their ratings are now showing.

You've come a long way from where you were, but by being associated with that clan you appear to condone what they are doing. Hope you get that fact, as you can fix the situation very easily, has nothing to do with the Politics of the site, has to do with difference between right and wrong. Rest is left up to you, as you control your own destiny and how you will be seen by others.

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 15:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 18:40
    @radioactive69

I noticed you had me blocked. Cowards block people. I have nobody blocked.
    Second, I can hang around people who are going to jail, doesn't mean I am going to jail. Your logic is silly. And I can see you have not grown at all.

Your opinion of me just tells me I am doing the right thing. Every time someone says something about one of your boyfriends, you jump in there and attack them with no regard for how they feel. You mentioned my parents and I have no idea what you meant by that, but what ever makes you happy.

You go on running your mouth. Mghrn55 made good points and had class when he did it. When Rusty had something to say, he also had class when he said it.

I may not agree with them, and they might not agree with me, but it was civil. And because it was, I listened or read every word they wrote, in fact twice.

I never cheated with Robbie. So lets get this out of the way. Last time I say it. How come I have been playing the same clans over and over again and lost and have not won, and they are getting points off of me, and you say nothing????

Why did Russ not ban me or punish me during that?

Because there is no rule other than your hurt feelings that I kept playing his team each time a match ended. The same thing I do with every clan I play.

Win or lose I keep playing them. No cheating. Russ will tell you there was no cheating on my end during that time. I'm so done with that. By the way do you have anything original to say? Hey, you have a great day. I made my point with you back then and you backed down. I have nothing else for you. Take care.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree