the metalheads making a move

the metalheads making a move

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jul 22
4 edits

@mghrn55 said
More idle chatter on Nemesis Clan, I see.
If you look through their challenge lists, you will see that they have Breaking Bad on their lists as much as they have Metallica.
We've won a few off them, so has Breaking Bad.

What we should spend more time talking about is that Nemesis competes in the clan challenges and they contribute to the feature.
They have won more chal ...[text shortened]... at, and when we do, someone is always sure to snicker.
Even some that used to be part of our clan.
Perhaps the reason other clans don't play you as they get the same kind of challenge that you sent us. Keep in mind I know my old clan players, except for the new ones true ratings. I wouldn't divulge them because I like majority of my ex-clanmates.

I do however share with my Clan Leader as I am devoted to just one Clan as you well know. That is the reason the one you sent my Clan Leader got bounced back to you or terminated I don't know which. I don't foresee getting another one, but you may surprise me.

We try to get a slight edge as all Clans do. Not you though you go for the land slide. You know you make lopsided challenges just not willing to admit it.

True we have both won points from Nemesis Clan but they have won points from us too, and in my humble opinion I think our challenges are much closer than yours shall we say. In the 20 pointer I said Nemesis Clan will be lucky if they get between 5-7 points. They got 7 so I wasn't far off the mark.

If this was all idle chatter why would you even take the time to reply to it? Sorry about the Edits, I am not as well educated as you are! πŸ™‚

Kind Regards,
As Always,
-VR

m

Moves
10 Jul 22

@very-rusty said
Perhaps the reason other clans don't play you as they get the same kind of challenge that you sent us. Keep in mind I know my old clan players, except for the new ones true ratings. I wouldn't divulge them because I like majority of my ex-clanmates.

I do however share with my Clan Leader as I am devoted to just one Clan as you well know. That is the reason the one you ...[text shortened]... t? Sorry about the Edits, I am not as well educated as you are! πŸ™‚

Kind Regards,
As Always,
-VR
Don't worry about the edits.
They usually happen when you don't know what you are talking about. πŸ˜›

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jul 22

@mghrn55 said
Don't worry about the edits.
They usually happen when you don't know what you are talking about. πŸ˜›
I know what I am talking about and be lucky I don't say more, it wasn't for my ex-clanmates I would. You get me going and there is a very good chance I will. πŸ˜›

-VR

m

Moves
14 Aug 22

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Aug 22
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
mghrn55,
Those are not the lopsided challenges I was talking about and you know it. All I had to do is look at the first one to know what the others looked like. Big try and defense for someone who didn't do anything wrong. Those are rather close in rating than the ones I am talking about, I see you never posted any of those. How about posting the 20 pointer you got as just one little example of the wide spread in points and real rating.

-VR

m

Moves
15 Aug 22

@very-rusty said
mghrn55,
Those are not the lopsided challenges I was talking about and you know it. All I had to do is look at the first one to know what the others looked like. Big try and defense for someone who didn't do anything wrong. Those are rather close in rating than the ones I am talking about, I see you never posted any of those. How about posting the 20 pointer you got as just one little example of the wide spread in points and real rating.

-VR
Go to the first page and read your very first post.
I'm not in the practice of looking up my own challenges to satisfy some of your fantasies.
You started this soap opera.
If you continue to fall over yourself over this, that is your issue.
I'll just stick by my last post and leave it at that.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Aug 22
2 edits

@mghrn55 said
Go to the first page and read your very first post.
I'm not in the practice of looking up my own challenges to satisfy some of your fantasies.
You started this soap opera.
If you continue to fall over yourself over this, that is your issue.
I'll just stick by my last post and leave it at that.
mghrn55,
All you did was cherry pick the challenges you wanted everyone to see, lets show us the 20 pointer one as one example. I don't need to make diary to put my point across. When will you learn to leave it alone?

-VR

m

Moves
15 Aug 22

@very-rusty said
mghrn55,
All you did was cherry pick the challenges you wanted everyone to see, lets show us the 20 pointer one as one example. I don't need to make diary to put my point across. When will you learn to leave it alone?

-VR
You're not reading my messages.
I didn't cherry pick my challenges. I reposted the challenge you picked.
You picked the challenge. You started this.
You started this as soon as Gertrude said Metallica is making a move (thread title).
Gertrude didn't pick a challenge, he made a comment. You took it from there.
I'm here playing chess and managing my clan, besides all kinds of stuff going on.
I wouldn't have been bothered getting into this.
This thread is all yours now. Play in it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Aug 22
3 edits

@mghrn55 said
You're not reading my messages.
I didn't cherry pick my challenges. I reposted the challenge you picked.
You picked the challenge. You started this.
You started this as soon as Gertrude said Metallica is making a move (thread title).
Gertrude didn't pick a challenge, he made a comment. You took it from there.
I'm here playing chess and managing my clan, besides all ki ...[text shortened]... ng on.
I wouldn't have been bothered getting into this.
This thread is all yours now. Play in it.
You must have lots of time to play on the forums. I am still waiting for you to show us the 20 pointer you won. That is one example! You can't do that, because you know there is big difference in the ratings and strength, with you having a huge advantage which you don't want shown do you? I don't have time for this silliness.
Do you call this one a fair challenge? https://www.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=320802

THE END!

-VR

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
15 Aug 22

@Very-Rusty
Um, Rusty, if you want to talk facts, please do so. The challenge you just posted 320802 is not even between the clans you mentioned. Since you have not yet mastered the art of posting a clan challenge ID, I will do it for you so you don't get further confused.

Clan challenge 320802

Now, let me answer your question, MOST DEFINITELY YES this was a fair challenge.
Since you don't seem to know the players as well as you profess to, tell me specifically which pairing in this challenge you consider to be uneven. Please be prepared to get skewered once again because I know this clan and their capability quite well.

Moves
15 Aug 22

Since you have not yet mastered the art of posting a clan challenge ID, I will do it for you so you don't get further confused.
Would you be willing to come into FHL briefly or not and show me how to set up a couple things I want to do for chess improvement.
One thing is setting up a place for our finished games where the board and moves are shown by pushing the back and fourth button for discussion. Also clan games and tournaments for improvement and of course posting links😁. No problem if no, I know everyone is busy with their own lives and competitors.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
15 Aug 22

@mike69
I am not sure there is much I could really show you. Everything I know I have learned and repeated the process. I can tell you where you can find all of the information they allow you to use.

Go to the red task bar at the top of your page.
Click on Help
Scroll down to FAQ and click on it.
Now you have all of the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Many of those you asked about are in here.
Scroll down about 2/3 of the way down the list and you will find all of the protocols.
Just pay attention to the exact characters they show you to use.
It takes a little getting used to, but almost everyone gets the hang of it.
If you are having trouble with any particular item, PM me and I will help you if I can.

Good luck.

Moves
15 Aug 22

@shortcircuit
Thank you, and that’s very kind of you.
Mike

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
15 Aug 22

@mike69
You are welcome.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Aug 22

@shortcircuit said
@Very-Rusty
Um, Rusty, if you want to talk facts, please do so. The challenge you just posted 320802 is not even between the clans you mentioned. Since you have not yet mastered the art of posting a clan challenge ID, I will do it for you so you don't get further confused.

Clan challenge 320802

Now, let me answer your question, MOST DEFINITELY YES this was a fair ch ...[text shortened]... ase be prepared to get skewered once again because I know this clan and their capability quite well.
I can't be bothered with your lame argument shortcircuit.

-VR