the metalheads making a move

the metalheads making a move

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
22 Aug 22

The post that was quoted here has been removed
well said 55
but a lot more explaining needs to be done

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
23 Aug 22

Our clan,the Yorkshire Laikers is not really active anymore mainly because no one is prepared to take over the captaincy.I did it for 5 years and 64 squares about the same but 64 is too busy to pay it much attention now and I don't want to take it on again for a number of reasons which I will not go into here.
What I will say is when Fred ran Metallica and I was in charge of the Laikers,the challenges he proposed were always biased but sometimes we were able to come to a compromise after much wrangling.
I certainly would never have refused challenges based on what was said on here or Metallica's position on the net points table.

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
23 Aug 22
1 edit

since start of year Breaking Bad have got 76 points off Nemesis and Metallica 68 so looks pretty even so far though of course that will change significantly if Nemesis are rejecting Metallica challenges

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
23 Aug 22

m

Moves
23 Aug 22

@venda said
Our clan,the Yorkshire Laikers is not really active anymore mainly because no one is prepared to take over the captaincy.I did it for 5 years and 64 squares about the same but 64 is too busy to pay it much attention now and I don't want to take it on again for a number of reasons which I will not go into here.
What I will say is when Fred ran Metallica and I was in charge of t ...[text shortened]... e refused challenges based on what was said on here or Metallica's position on the net points table.
I have to add to your remarks.
I dispute the notion that the challenges are biased.
As I have always said, the challenge process is a negotiation, not that much different from any other negotiation.
If a baseball or a football player goes to his team at contract time looking for $30M contract, he may ask for $35M. Then the negotiation commences from there.
I set clan challenges from the same perspective, a good clan leader will send back a counteroffer.
And eventually, we will usually arrive at an agreeable challenge.
I've had challenges sent to me the same way. I respond with a counteroffer, sometimes I will decline.
That's the clan feature.

What makes the clan good is that a leader knows the players out there.
Recognizes the good players out there and the bad ones, irregardless of their ratings.
And yes, recognize the sandbaggers.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
24 Aug 22

I don't tell leaders not to play certain clans. If I am asked my opinion then I will say what ever I like. I will say that the leader of that team said he won't be playing huge challenges anymore he wants two to four player matches. He told me this after he rejected two of my challenges. I then asked him and that was what he said. I agreed it was a good idea and thanked him for responding.

When I have a problem I don't run to the forum to cry. People can't take the fact my team "might" win this year. Lot of time left. No reason to cry it's up for grabs.

Also, no matter what I say to leaders, players, to anyone in private is not against the rules. This year I have a lot to say but I will do it according to the rules and then we will see what happens. Now I am done and the discussion is over. And I think Mghrn55 is losing it. You have to break a rule in order to get caught with your pants down.

Last I checked, I can say what I want to my clan and anyone who asks in private.

Everyone stop crying and play chess. I have never seen people lose their minds because they might lose a season. All the accusations, harassment, going after my players hoping they will say something to get them in trouble. It's sick and weird. When my clan did not win the last seven years we worked harder.

Try that.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
24 Aug 22

@gertrude said
well said 55
but a lot more explaining needs to be done
Work of art.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
24 Aug 22

It was never a discussion.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
24 Aug 22

@mghrn55 said
I have to add to your remarks.
I dispute the notion that the challenges are biased.
As I have always said, the challenge process is a negotiation, not that much different from any other negotiation.
If a baseball or a football player goes to his team at contract time looking for $30M contract, he may ask for $35M. Then the negotiation commences from there.
I set clan ch ...[text shortened]... ers out there and the bad ones, irregardless of their ratings.
And yes, recognize the sandbaggers.
Perhaps biased is too strong a term, but I agree that one way to play challenges is negotiation.Another way is to mount fair challenges that should be accepted in the first place,which is what I used to do.I never bothered looking at the rating subtotal at the bottom of the page but vetted each challenge historically and individually as I think it still say on our logo
I can't really speak for others,but i suspect other leaders look at a Metallica challenge,realise that it is "tilted in their favour" and simply reject it out of hand.
Towards the end of my period in charge of the Laikers looking for challenges became a chore which is one reason why I packed it up.Consequently, when I got received a challenge from Metallica I simply couldn't be bothered to haggle.
As an aside ,I liked the way the "cheeky monkeys", who no longer exist I don't think ,mounted challenges as an alternative strategy.They simply put every player in an enormous challenge regardless of rating.Minimal effort and who knows how someone will play on the day.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
24 Aug 22

@mghrn55

A lot of clans have this set up. I have maybe two leaders on my team. One I don't play and one I do. That does not win a championship or get you on page one.

I can talk all I want makes no difference.

They are losing so they pull "they are cheating BS".

They have historically done this. Except maybe last year when they got crushed. And we beat them to.

Attacking us or nemesis makes no sense other than your losing and and losing your mind over it Mghrn55.

I'll have my stats on you after the season and I won't discuss it in a open forum, I will do it the way the owner wishes it to be done.

The right way.

Say what you want. If we win, not a darn thing you can do about it. Broke no rules, nothing but hard work and I can quote you as saying it yourself. Then you change it back when your feelings are hurt or you realize maybe you can't catch us.

You have a little over 4 months and you can still win. Try to relax Mghrn55.

Screaming about one team and cheating makes everyone embarrassed for you and as a leader it makes you look really bad.

You are a leader so act like one. Now I'm done.

Good luck the rest of the season.

m

Moves
24 Aug 22
1 edit

@vespin said
@mghrn55

A lot of clans have this set up. I have maybe two leaders on my team. One I don't play and one I do. That does not win a championship or get you on page one.

They have historically done this. Except maybe last year when they got crushed. And we beat them t ...[text shortened]... ally bad.

Just read your post......
And noticed that you sent me a PM (parts 1,2,3).
In the middle of the night, or very early in the morning if you're European.
It seems you put in a lot of effort and sound upset about something.
Perhaps I should give you the courtesy and have a look.
I'll top up on my Starbucks coffee and have a read.
(Maybe you'll tell me what you told shelrock57).
Might be good for a laugh.

But really !! A 3 part PM ?? 😛

m

Moves
24 Aug 22
1 edit

OK, so I read the PM. Not sharing the contents.
But pretty much the same blather you put out in the public forums.
It's too easy to counter one allegation with another.
This can go on forever if we want to.
But both our clans are winning about 2.5 challenges for every challenge that we lose.
So both sides have a lot of material.

I have simply pointed that one clan that has always accepted challenges from our clan has suddenly stopped accepting them.
And this has happened shortly a member of your clan dug up a challenge involving Metallica.
You didn't do this. And I didn't do this. But everybody by now knows who did.
If you want to call this a coincidence, by all means, go ahead.
And if you want to issue a denial, then do it in public.

One final point.... calling our clan a bunch of complainers (in the public forum) doesn't wash.
Everything was running smoothly in the forums until your guy started this up.

l

Victor, New York

Moves
24 Aug 22

@VESPIN Actually you just told your clan that you don't want your players who run other clans to play the top 5 clans. When I said that I couldn't accept that, you kicked me out of the clan. (Granted I said that I would leave if you didn't reverse the "rule" but you kicked me out.

m

Moves
24 Aug 22

@lstcyr
I have to thumb up your post, if just for the information.

m

Moves
24 Aug 22

@vespin said
@mghrn55

They have historically done this. Except maybe last year when they got crushed. And we beat them t ...[text shortened]... ally bad.

Before you go running to Russ with your evidence on Metallica, make sure you pull up your pants first !!