Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 16 Mar '08 09:05 / 1 edit
    It seems to me that we haven't had one of these in a year or so, so how about it? Please post your views, ideas for topics and support of holding one and lets see how we go.

    EDIT: And can someone who keeps these things bookmarked find the links to the previous competitions?
  2. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    16 Mar '08 09:15
    Originally posted by Starrman
    It seems to me that we haven't had one of these in a year or so, so how about it? Please post your views, ideas for topics and support of holding one and lets see how we go.

    EDIT: And can someone who keeps these things bookmarked find the links to the previous competitions?
    Unlikely people in unlikely places.
  3. 16 Mar '08 09:19
    Originally posted by Starrman
    EDIT: And can someone who keeps these things bookmarked find the links to the previous competitions?
    I am not someone who keeps these things bookmarked, but I am able to use the Search function:

    Special Edition: Thread 39466
    End of the World: Thread 34123
    5: Thread 32297
    4: Thread 24068
    3: Thread 23612
    2: Thread 22910
    1: Thread 22395
  4. 16 Mar '08 09:39
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I am not someone who keeps these things bookmarked, but I am able to use the Search function:

    Special Edition: Thread 39466
    End of the World: Thread 34123
    5: Thread 32297
    4: Thread 24068
    3: Thread 23612
    2: Thread 22910
    1: Thread 22395
    Bah, anyone would think it was easy to use or something.
  5. 16 Mar '08 15:02
    By the way, shouldn't this be in the Culture forum?
  6. 16 Mar '08 15:07
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    By the way, shouldn't this be in the Culture forum?
    Indeed, perhaps it should. Alert moderator in progress.
  7. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    16 Mar '08 15:32
    How does one enter this competition? Via PM or via email?
  8. 16 Mar '08 15:33
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    How does one enter this competition? Via PM or via email?
    That's to be decided pending interest, I guess.
  9. 16 Mar '08 15:38
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    How does one enter this competition? Via PM or via email?
    PMs are limited to 2000 characters (or in fact a bit less), which makes them quite unsuitable for a prose competition.
  10. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    16 Mar '08 16:07
    Ok ok. I'll watch this thread then.
  11. Standard member ChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    16 Mar '08 16:23
    I'd enter.
  12. 16 Mar '08 16:37
    I think it'd be fun.
  13. 16 Mar '08 16:42
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    I'd enter.
    I'd try to, but very likely fail...
  14. 16 Mar '08 16:44
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I'd try to, but very likely fail...
    You'd fail at entering?
  15. 16 Mar '08 16:46
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    You'd fail at entering?
    Yes.