PROSE COMP 2008

PROSE COMP 2008

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
21 Mar 08

Okay new deadlines people.

Submissions: Thursday 10th
Voting: Thursday 17th

Voting and presentation of pieces will be done in exactly the same way as previous prose competitions. If you look back to the first page of this thread I think Nordlys posted links to them if you're curious.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
21 Mar 08

Originally posted by Starrman
Okay [b]new deadlines people.

Submissions: Thursday 10th
Voting: Thursday 17th

Voting and presentation of pieces will be done in exactly the same way as previous prose competitions. If you look back to the first page of this thread I think Nordlys posted links to them if you're curious.[/b]
Excellent.

h

Moves
23 Mar 08

1) Submissions must be no more than 500 words, 1 entry per person.
2) They should be sent to fattytron@hotmail.com titled 'PROSE COMP'
3) They MUST concern the following brief: "A cat may lead to darker things, but a bird is just too flighty". Interpretation is up to you.
4) Deadline for submission is Thursday 10th April (in other words 2 weeks time.) ...[text shortened]... for their own work, but will be required to vote.
7) Voting will close Thursday April 17th.
Serious bump.

S

Moves
26 Mar 08

Not so serious bump.

N

The sky

Moves
26 Mar 08

Not so serious bump.
You should take this more seriously!

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
28 Mar 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
You should take this more seriously!
I take it so seriously I have read it twice and keep returning though there is nothing new here except bumps.

N

The sky

Moves
29 Mar 08

Originally posted by Sunburnt
I take it so seriously I have read it twice and keep returning though there is nothing new here except bumps.
I take it so seriously that I have thought about it several times and found out that my mind always gets seriously blank when I start thinking about cats and flighty birds.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
30 Mar 08

I take it so seriously that I have thought about it several times and found out that my mind always gets seriously blank when I start thinking about cats and flighty birds.
Agreed.

N

The sky

Moves
30 Mar 08

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
Agreed.
What's worse is that I get seriously inertial every time I try to think about the proposal for a workshop on inertia and action in music I want to send in for a conference (the deadline is one day after the prose comp's deadline).

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
30 Mar 08

What's worse is that I get seriously inertial every time I try to think about the proposal for a workshop on inertia and action in music I want to send in for a conference (the deadline is one day after the prose comp's deadline).
Aye, but I suspect a little talk about metainertia at the beginning of your workshop would be a good introduction, as long as the recursion bottoms out in time for you to write it.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
30 Mar 08

Precisely and so I don't know if I will produce anything 😞.

N

The sky

Moves
30 Mar 08

Precisely and so I don't know if I will produce anything 😞.
Hopscotch is going to kill us all. :'(

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
30 Mar 08
1 edit

Hopscotch is going to kill us all. :'(
Well, it seems that this restriction doesn't get the creative juices flowing! 😕

EDIT: Call me stupied, but does the restriction mean we have to USE that sentence, btw?

N

The sky

Moves
30 Mar 08

Well, it seems that this restriction doesn't get the creative juices flowing! 😕

EDIT: Call me stupied, but does the restriction mean we have to USE that sentence, btw?
I don't think it means we have to use the sentence, just the idea. But Starrman would need to confirm this. Actually I find it quite intriguing, but I doubt I'll be able to come up with something within the given timeframe. There are other things (like the proposal) that have to have priority.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
30 Mar 08

I don't think it means we have to use the sentence, just the idea. But Starrman would need to confirm this. Actually I find it quite intriguing, but I doubt I'll be able to come up with something within the given timeframe. There are other things (like the proposal) that have to have priority.
I didn't think we HAD to, no. You never know, sometimes inspiration just hits you and hits rather quickly!