PROSE COMP 2008

PROSE COMP 2008

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
20 Mar 08

Okay people, the rules are thus:

1) Submissions must be no more than 500 words, 1 entry per person.
2) They should be sent to fattytron@hotmail.com titled 'PROSE COMP'
3) They MUST concern the following brief: "A cat may lead to darker things, but a bird is just too flighty". Interpretation is up to you.
4) Deadline for submission is Thursday 3rd April (in other words 2 weeks time.)
5) Voters will be required to rank their top 3 entries. 3 points will be awarded for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd.
6) Authors may not vote for their own work, but will be required to vote.
7) Voting will close Thursday April 10th.

Please tell anyone you know here that might be interested but hasn't seen the thread. And please recommend this post so the thread appears in the recommended list to notify all. Good luck everyone and go get those creative juices flowing!

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
20 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Starrman

3) They MUST concern the following brief: "A cat may lead to darker things, but a bird is just too flighty". Interpretation is up to you.
4) Deadline for submission is Thursday 3rd Ap commended list to notify all. Good luck everyone and go get those creative juices flowing!
Only 500 words?! 😞 I'll give it a try anyway.

edit: I think you better disguise the email adress unless you wanna get robot-spammed.

S

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by adam warlock
Only 500 words?! 😞 I'll give it a try anyway.

edit: I think you better disguise the email adress unless you wanna get robot-spammed.
Doesn't matter, the address is unused.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Mar 08

4) Deadline for submission is Thursday 3rd Ap ...[text shortened]... commended list to notify all. Good luck everyone and go get those creative juices flowing!
YOU LOVE RECS@!

d

Moves
20 Mar 08

Are the capital letters in the title of this thread AUTHORISED?

Or is this yet more SELECTIVE TREATMENT of PFC MEMBERS?

I DEMAND AN ANSWER.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
20 Mar 08
1 edit

4) Deadline for submission is Thursday 3rd Ap commended list to notify all. Good luck everyone and go get those creative juices flowing!
This choice of theme is like asking Rwillis and Herr Dokta Professa Cribs to argue about Ayn Rand and Emma Goldman.

EDIT I understand if you don't get the reference due to age-related memory loss.

S

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
This choice of theme is like asking Rwillis and Herr Dokta Professa Cribs to argue about Ayn Rand and Emma Goldman.

EDIT I understand if you don't get the reference due to age-related memory loss.
That is merely your interpretation. Bob reminds you not to lose slack over things.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky

Why do I now have an image of a woman on a tree swing in my mind?

P-

G

B is for bye bye

Moves
20 Mar 08

5) Voters will be required to rank their top 3 entries. 3 points will be awarded for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd.
6) Authors may not vote for their own work, but will be required to vote.
7) Voting will close Thursday April 10th.
Submissions should be presented to the public as anonymous so that voting isn't done by popularity.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
20 Mar 08

4) Deadline for submission is Thursday 3rd Ap ...[text shortened]... commended list to notify all. Good luck everyone and go get those creative juices flowing!
I need an extension.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by Sunburnt
I need an extension.
That's what she said. 😞

S

Moves
21 Mar 08

Originally posted by Gastel
Submissions should be presented to the public as anonymous so that voting isn't done by popularity.
Yes, sorry, I should have stated that all submissions are to be kept between me and the submittee.

S

Moves
21 Mar 08

Originally posted by Sunburnt
I need an extension.
How much of one?

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
21 Mar 08

How much of one?
I'm thinking....thinking....about your restrictions......no story comes to mind....can't you add another week? I'm out of mental works this coming week so I may not be able to meet the deadline and participate. Any chance of adding another week?

M

Moves
21 Mar 08

Yes, sorry, I should have stated that all submissions are to be kept between me and the submittee.
How are you planning to present the submissions and handle the voting? Will it be similar to the way Nordlys ran the photo competition?