RHP Music Tournament III

RHP Music Tournament III

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
16 Apr 08

What is the bandwidth of a quatloot? ..............I'm stumped

But I know the range of a fretless bass..................................about 20 meters.
(New olympic event, tibet monks throwing fretless electric basses, while chanting and ringing bells)

I think I feel the inspiration of a new song coming,,,

In your face

Moves
16 Apr 08

Originally posted by gregsflat

But I know the range of a fretless bass..................................about 20 meters.
(New olympic event, tibet monks throwing fretless electric basses, while chanting and ringing bells)

Bring it on dude.... 😛

N

The sky

Moves
21 Apr 08

Sonorous bump

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Apr 08

I guess I'll enter something and win a prize again this year.

BWA, represent!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I guess I'll enter something and win a prize again this year.

BWA, represent!
I'll have info for you tomorrow, I don't have the keys at home. Be sure I'm not on your ignore list.

P-

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Apr 08

The name of the song wouldn't be 'I met my love at the olympic fretless bass throwing competition' would it? If so, you better be prepared for a lawsuit, I wrote that one 4 years ago🙂

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Apr 08
1 edit

What are the goddamn rules about naming the files that we upload? Do we include our usernames or not? Let me know when the categories are sorted out.

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
The name of the song wouldn't be 'I met my love at the olympic fretless bass throwing competition' would it? If so, you better be prepared for a lawsuit, I wrote that one 4 years ago🙂
Damnit, I'll have to change it now!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Apr 08

Damnit, I'll have to change it now!
Would it be easier to write it 5 years ago?

P-

In your face

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
What are the goddamn rules about naming the files that we upload? Do we include our usernames or not? Let me know when the categories are sorted out.
Write the name of your Sucky entry followed by your Sucky username. 😛 The Sucky categories are as follows: -

Best Instrumental Track
Best Solo Track
Best Dance/Electronic Track
Best Cover Version
Best Original Track
Best Band

There will be a vote for the best entry in each of these groups. Also there will be a vote on all tracks that could be considered in the following categories: -

Best Vocal Track
Best Lyrics
Best Overall Submission

I was thinking about having a vote on the suckiest entry too, but this might put someone's nose out of juxtapose.

Cheers

Jim

d

Moves
22 Apr 08

I'll be submitting something in the Band category.

N

The sky

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by jimslyp69
Write the name of your Sucky entry followed by your Sucky username. 😛 The Sucky categories are as follows: -

Best Instrumental Track
Best Solo Track
Best Dance/Electronic Track
Best Cover Version
Best Original Track
Best Band

There will be a vote for the best entry in each of these groups. Also there will be a vote on all tracks that could be c ...[text shortened]... on the suckiest entry too, but this might put someone's nose out of juxtapose.

Cheers

Jim
Now I am confused. Do you mean that every entry has to be entered into exactly one category of the first group, and the second group is additional? Or is it possible to enter in more than one category of group 1, like last time? But if so, why the divide into two groups of categories? If you can only enter in one group 1 category, the categories don't make sense to me. I don't think you should have to choose whether you want to enter an instrumental solo piece into instrumental, solo or cover/original; that would make the groups quite random. Also, why is instrumental in group 1, but vocal in group 2?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by darvlay
I'll be submitting something in the Band category.
Bitchin'.

In your face

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
Now I am confused. Do you mean that every entry has to be entered into exactly one category of the first group, and the second group is additional? Or is it possible to enter in more than one category of group 1, like last time? But if so, why the divide into two groups of categories? If you can only enter in one group 1 category, the categories don't make s ...[text shortened]... ould make the groups quite random. Also, why is instrumental in group 1, but vocal in group 2?
Sorry, but I thought that was pretty much the way it was worked last time round. So I decided to stick by it for simplicity's sake. As I said, if something works, why fix it?
Yes, you can enter a song into more than one category. If it fits.
The categories are to give the whole thing a bit of structure, so that we don't have one big pool with a mish mash of all different styles. I don't understand what you don't understand about it.
I see what you mean about the instrumental/vocal thing though. Would it make more sense if I deleted the instrumental category from the first group and put it into the second?

N

The sky

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by jimslyp69
Sorry, but I thought that was pretty much the way it was worked last time round. So I decided to stick by it for simplicity's sake. As I said, if something works, why fix it?
Yes, you can enter a song into more than one category. If it fits.
The categories are to give the whole thing a bit of structure, so that we don't have one big pool with a mish ma ...[text shortened]... ense if I deleted the instrumental category from the first group and put it into the second?
What I don't understand is why you made two groups. The last time we just had a bunch of categories, and the entries were put into all the categories they fit in.