RHP Music Tournament III

RHP Music Tournament III

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In your face

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
What I don't understand is why you made two groups. The last time we just had a bunch of categories, and the entries were put into all the categories they fit in.
I'm pretty sure that last time we had 5 or so categories to place our entries in. These were all voted on. Then there was seperate criteria to judge all of the entries on too. Such as best vocals, best overall entry etc.

N

The sky

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by jimslyp69
I'm pretty sure that last time we had 5 or so categories to place our entries in. These were all voted on. Then there was seperate criteria to judge all of the entries on too. Such as best vocals, best overall entry etc.
Maybe you are thinking of the first music comp. In the last one, there was some confusion because it was first suggested to do it like the first time, but in the end there was one big group of categories, and the entries could go into several of them, as you can see in the voting thread: Thread 75432
I found that more meaningful than the way it was done the first time, although you'll probably find some people who would say the opposite.

In your face

Moves
22 Apr 08

Maybe you are thinking of the first music comp. In the last one, there was some confusion because it was first suggested to do it like the first time, but in the end there was one big group of categories, and the entries could go into several of them, as you can see in the voting thread: Thread 75432
I found that more meaningful than the way i ...[text shortened]... was done the first time, although you'll probably find some people who would say the opposite.
I still disagree. The actual categories people could upload to were few. There were about 5 of them.
Yes, at the end they had all the different voting categories. But 5 of these were for best performance out of the categories and the rest, such as best overall entry, best lyrics and best vocals. If you are still unsure of this, please see Starrman's post, earlier in this thread. I think it concurs with this.
At the end of the day there is no need to have a seperate category for people to upload songs into for best overall vocals , best lyrics and best overall entry, when all of the entries are going to be considered. This is for the simple fact that all entries will automatically be judged on this criteria anyway.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Apr 08
1 edit

I still disagree. The actual categories people could upload to were few. There were about 5 of them.
Yes, at the end they had all the different voting categories. But 5 of these were for best performance out of the categories and the rest, such as best overall entry, best lyrics and best vocals. If you are still unsure of this, please see Starrman's post ...[text shortened]... s is for the simple fact that all entries will automatically be judged on this criteria anyway.
My problem is I have a song specific for best lyrics and it will now need to compete with my other songs that also have great lyrics. If another user has one song with great lyrics, that will get all the votes while mine may get spread.

P-

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
My problem is I have a song specific for best lyrics and it will now need to compete with my other songs that also have great lyrics. If another user has one song with great lyrics, that will get all the votes while mine may get spread.

P-
You didn't give me bogus credentials, did you? Why don't I see any other entries in yet?

N

The sky

Moves
22 Apr 08

Yes, at the end they had all the different voting categories. But 5 of these were for best performance out of the categories and the rest, such as best overall entry, best lyrics and best vocals. If you are still unsure of this, please see Starrman's post ...[text shortened]... s is for the simple fact that all entries will automatically be judged on this criteria anyway.
The upload categories on Gspace were created by Starrman before the system was changed and Starrman dropped out. Gatecrasher used only three categories - Computer, Instrumental and Vocal - on the download site, which makes more sense to me than the group of five as at least they are all about instrumentation, and every entry fits into exactly one of the categories (assuming "instrumental" means "purely instrumental", while "vocal" could, but doesn't have to include instruments). I don't think we really need different upload categories at all; a list like the one in the voting thread which shows all categories and all entries belonging to each category (with the possibility of multiple categories for one entry) is more important.

In your face

Moves
24 Apr 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
You didn't give me bogus credentials, did you? Why don't I see any other entries in yet?
Yes. It's all a ploy!

But seriously, I don't think anyone's uploaded anything yet 🙁

In your face

Moves
24 Apr 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
You have a valid point.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Apr 08

Yes. It's all a ploy!

Getting there!

P-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Apr 08

You have a valid point.
Name the folders how you want them and let us know.

P-

In your face

Moves
24 Apr 08

The upload categories on Gspace were created by Starrman before the system was changed and Starrman dropped out. Gatecrasher used only three categories - Computer, Instrumental and Vocal - on the download site, which makes more sense to me than the group of five as at least they are all about instrumentation, and every entry fits into exactly one of the cate ...[text shortened]... category (with the possibility of multiple categories for one entry) is more important.
Okay. I'll give it more thought if that is the general consensus (no puns please 🙂). If anyone else wants to go in this directoin then let me know and I'll adjust the upload files.

d

Moves
24 Apr 08

Yes. It's all a ploy!

My entry will be in this weekend.

d

Moves
24 Apr 08
1 edit

The upload categories on Gspace were created by Starrman before the system was changed and Starrman dropped out. Gatecrasher used only three categories - Computer, Instrumental and Vocal - on the download site, which makes more sense to me than the group of five as at least they are all about instrumentation, and every entry fits into exactly one of the cate category (with the possibility of multiple categories for one entry) is more important.
I don't know why we have categories at all or why it's even a competition. Let's just share our music with each other, enjoy it and exchange some positive vibes.

*Takes toke and passes it on*

M

Moves
24 Apr 08

Originally posted by darvlay
I don't know why we have categories at all or why it's even a competition. Let's just share our music with each other, enjoy it and exchange some positive vibes.

*Takes toke and passes it on*
"I don't see why you even have to bet. Can't you just watch the horses run around the track?"

-Pam, Let it Ride

d

Moves
24 Apr 08

Originally posted by Mimor
"I don't see why you even have to bet. Can't you just watch the horses run around the track?"

-Pam, Let it Ride
Is Pam a pothead too?