1. In your face
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 11:30
    Hello everyone. If there is enough interest I would like to do another run of the RHP music tournament, as others have been a great success. I am going to use a similar format as the last one, that Starrman organised, as it seemed to work very well. That is, everyone uploads their tunes to a file I have created in GSpace. To use GSpace, you also need to be running Firefox. To upload your entry, first of all go to: -

http://www.getgspace.com/

Download the .exe file. Once you have downloaded the file go to Tools>GSpace in your Firefox browser. Here you need to enter the account details. These are available from Phlabibit on request. I am not making them public for obvious reasons.
    Once you have the login details click on Manage accounts and put the username and password in there. Then click okay. After you have done this, select the username from the drop down menu and click login. You will be asked for the password once again. Enter this and la voila!
    When logged in you will see the RHP music tourney file. Double click on it. In it there are 5 categories, which I think should cover most songs. If you can think of anything that I have omitted, please let me know and perhaps we can improve it a little.
    I am allowing until the end of May for people to upload their efforts. After that, voting will begin. I have not decided on a voting system. Once again, I will probably use a similar format to last time. Everyone at RHP can download the entries and have their say in who is the most musicalist geniusest here at RHP.

Enjoy

Jim
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 13:00
    I may write an original song... or dress up an older original song. May do a cover... and may get the band together for a song. I'm in.

P-
  3. In your face
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 13:121 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I may write an original song... or dress up an older original song. May do a cover... and may get the band together for a song. I'm in.

P-
    Cool! I forgot to mention a few rules. I think I'll allow two entries per person per category. Covers are allowed in all categories apart from 'Original' of course. Other than that you can enter what you want in whatever
    category. They are only a rough guide and to help give the competition some structure.

Cheers

Jim.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 13:12
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Hello everyone. If there is enough interest I would like to do another run of the RHP music tournament, as others have been a great success. I am going to use a similar format as the last one, that Starrman organised, as it seemed to work very well. That is, everyone uploads their tunes to a file I have created in GSpace. To use GSpace, you also need to be ...[text shortened]... entries and have their say in who is the most musicalist geniusest here at RHP.

Enjoy

Jim
    Nice, but I think this should be moved to the Culture forum. If I recall correctly, Gspace was a problem for some people last time, so it would probably be a good idea to have an alternative. Gatecrasher hosted the files last time (in addition to having them on Gspace), maybe he would be willing and able to do that again.

Here are the threads for the last music comp (or at least three of them; I think there was at least one more, but I am too lazy to search for it), by the way:

Thread 73634
    Thread 75432
    Thread 76757
  5. In your face
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 13:14
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Nice, but I think this should be moved to the Culture forum. If I recall correctly, Gspace was a problem for some people last time, so it would probably be a good idea to have an alternative. Gatecrasher hosted the files last time (in addition to having them on Gspace), maybe he would be willing and able to do that again.

Here are the threads for the last ...[text shortened]... y the way:

Thread 73634
    Thread 75432
    Thread 76757
    Cheers for your input Noodles. I'll have a word with Gatecrasher to see if he can help, if it comes to that. He still has all the entries from the last tourny available you know!?
  6. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 13:19
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    I'm going to hold a microphone next to the stereo for five minutes and claim it as my own. Oh... wait... that should be two minutes and forty three seconds...
  7. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 13:23
    Hello everyone. If there is enough interest I would like to do another run of the RHP music tournament, as others have been a great success. I am going to use a similar format as the last one, that Starrman organised, as it seemed to work very well. That is, everyone uploads their tunes to a file I have created in GSpace. To use GSpace, you also need to be ...[text shortened]... entries and have their say in who is the most musicalist geniusest here at RHP.

Enjoy

Jim
    If the deadline is sufficiently relaxed, I'm in.
  8. In your face
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 14:45
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    If the deadline is sufficiently relaxed, I'm in.
    OKay. How long do you want dude?
  9. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 17:17
    I would like to know what the categories are for voting before I submit anything.
    Last time I felt voting was incongruent with the submissions.
  10. In your face
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 19:181 edit
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    I would like to know what the categories are for voting before I submit anything.
    Last time I felt voting was incongruent with the submissions.
    COuld you elaborate a little please? I have stated the categories above.

EDIT: I tell a lie. I haven't. The categories are Solo, Band, Electronic/Dance
    Original and Instrumental.

Hope this helps

JIm.
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 19:35
    COuld you elaborate a little please? I have stated the categories above.

EDIT: I tell a lie. I haven't. The categories are Solo, Band, Electronic/Dance
    Original and Instrumental.

Hope this helps

JIm.
    No covers?
  12. In your face
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 20:32
    Originally posted by Starrman
    No covers?
    Covers are acceptable in all categories except for 'Original'. I can create a covers category if you want though?!
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 21:311 edit
    Covers are acceptable in all categories except for 'Original'. I can create a covers category if you want though?!
    Could be a lot of bandwidth.
  14. In your face
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 21:342 edits
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Could be a lot of bandwidth.
    What does thee mean like? Upload bandwidth or in relation to the categories? And if so, is that a problem or a benefit?
  15. The sky
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 21:41
    If you make it an own category, I would suggest to do it like the last time, allowing entries to be in more than one category. I thought that worked out well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree