1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 16:13
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Recently I've seen and enjoyed Frost/Nixon, Kick Ass, Herzong's Bad Lieutenant remake, Youth in Revolt and Shutter Island.

Saw and did not enjoy Book of Eli and Hot Tub Time Machine.
    Could you briefly elaborate on "Book of Eli"? I haven't seen it but have been recomended it by a friend. I like your taste in general so I thought you wouldn't mind ...

I saw Kill Bill again, back to back. Love that shyte!
  2. Lawrence, Ks
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 02:21
    Originally posted by badmoon
    A couple of top notch films - Restrepo and Winter's Bone

Not quite as good but still good ones in Cyrus and Get Low and Inception.
    Saw Winter's Bone! Outstanding! While there were some critics that panned it for "playing up" the poverty and desolation, as well as the red-kneckiness, I thought it was spot on. I have, unfortunately, seen many places all across the country that could have been used (with no changes) as the location to shoot the film. It was simply "real" in a way many of the critics are ignorant of.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 12:59
    Originally posted by Dan St John
    You just have to go in to have a good time, not expecting something profound. It's not Atonement, after all.
    Hey, that's a great point. I was totally expecting something like Schindler's List when I rented it. The title "Hot Tob Time Machine" really betrays itself, ya know.

/sarcasm
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 13:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Could you briefly elaborate on "Book of Eli"?
    Sure.

Crappy Mad Max dystopian, nuclear winter rip-off where lawless warlord tries to find a copy the Bible so that he can control the populus. Denzel is, of course, the protector of the bible. Much stabbing and punching ensues.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 13:19
    Much stabbing and punching ensues.
    In the face?

D
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 14:17
    Sure.

Crappy Mad Max dystopian, nuclear winter rip-off where lawless warlord tries to find a copy the Bible so that he can control the populus. Denzel is, of course, the protector of the bible. Much stabbing and punching ensues.
    In other words, another Oscar contender🙂
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 15:20
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    In the face?

D
    Is that what you're in to?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 21:41
    Recently I've seen and enjoyed Frost/Nixon, Kick Ass, Herzong's Bad Lieutenant remake, Youth in Revolt and Shutter Island.

Saw and did not enjoy Book of Eli and Hot Tub Time Machine.
    I thought Shutter Island was excellent. Interesting twisty ending until you weren't real sure exactly what was going on.

I recently finally saw Last King of Scotland and Public Enemy. Depp coulda phoned in his performance in Public Enemy, not at all inspired. Forrest Whittaker, however, in Last King of Scotland, impressed me with his Academy Award winning performance of what had to be a tough role.
  9. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 19:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I thought Shutter Island was excellent. Interesting twisty ending until you weren't real sure exactly what was going on.

I recently finally saw Last King of Scotland and Public Enemy. Depp coulda phoned in his performance in Public Enemy, not at all inspired. Forrest Whittaker, however, in Last King of Scotland, impressed me with his Academy Award winning performance of what had to be a tough role.
    In Shutter Island, do you think he reverted to psychosis at the end, or do you think he really wanted a lobotomy because of what had happened to him, so he just pretended we was deluded?

I just say "The Disappearance of Alice Creed". Very well plotted, elegant, thriller.
  10. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 19:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Inception is great. Best movie I've seen in a while...
    Yes.

I remember looking at my watch an hour and half, and thinking: this is not near the end yet, and that's great!
  11. silicon valley
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 00:38
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I saw Mulan recently it's subtitled so not everyones cup of tea. I thoughty it was fantastic, not really into war films myself but this is more of a love, honour and sadness story.

I saw an education too, it is a good film. Only seams to be women who appreasiate it though, I don't know why that is.
    try Disney's Mulan, no subtitles needed.
  12. silicon valley
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 00:38
    3 Days of the Condor was pretty good. 1975 spy movie with Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway, Maximilian Schnell.
  13. silicon valley
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 00:51
    PBS has published a few TV versions of Tony Hillerman's books, under the Mystery Theater line. they're pretty good. there are minor differences with the books.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tony+hillerman&aq=f
  14. silicon valley
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 00:55
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Could you briefly elaborate on "Book of Eli"? I haven't seen it but have been recomended it by a friend. I like your taste in general so I thought you wouldn't mind ...

I saw Kill Bill again, back to back. Love that shyte!
    i liked the live-action version of "Blood: The Last Vampire". a Japanese schoolgirl with swords. hope they come out with sequels.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 09:30
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    i liked the live-action version of "Blood: The Last Vampire". a Japanese schoolgirl with swords. hope they come out with sequels.
    Ah thank you, I do believe thats at the Blockbuster across the road, so I'll check it out. Cheers!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree