1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:02
    Erode the work ethic that the country was built on? Pay people for an extra day when they don't produce? Uhh,, will there be layoffs?
    The top 1% pay 47%^ of taxes. Bernie, and you fellers, keep saying they should pay their fair share.
    Inflation has risen by 18% since Biden took over. The only common denominator that I see is...you guessed it..... Biden. Consider that he mentions Trump all the time, and you fellers mention Trump all the time.
    Why is that. TDS is a true affliction. Yuk. You are truly, with your policies, heading our country into hell. Actually Biden has no policies....But Trump sure will. Dam, did I just type Trump? Sonhouse writs about Trump as much as Shav writes smut. Great reads all around!!!

Inflation went up 3.7$ in February. One of you wrote yesterday that the economy is doing great? Faeries in Fairy land. Eggs are up 71.3% since Biden.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:31
    @averagejoe1 said
    Erode the work ethic that the country was built on? Pay people for an extra day when they don't produce? Uhh,, will there be layoffs?
    The top 1% pay 47%^ of taxes. Bernie, and you fellers, keep saying they should pay their fair share.
    Inflation has risen by 18% since Biden took over. The only common denominator that I see is...you guessed it..... Biden. Con ...[text shortened]... e yesterday that the economy is doing great? Faeries in Fairy land. Eggs are up 71.3% since Biden.
    Fukking hell man, stop spanking your monkey, put on a clean T-shirt and get out of your momma’s basement and breathe some fresh air.

Damn, you’re getting on my mammary protruberances today!
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:39
    @averagejoe1 said
    Inflation has risen by 18% since Biden took over. The only common denominator that I see is...you guessed it..... Biden. Con ...[text shortened]... e yesterday that the economy is doing great? Faeries in Fairy land. Eggs are up 71.3% since Biden.
    Erode the work ethic that the country was built on?

Many countries in Europe and around the world have work weeks less than 40 hours and function perfectly well. It's not the number of hours you work that make you effective, it's what you do with those hours. Stop living in the past.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:48
    @averagejoe1 said
    Trump is nothing but a liar and a con man. If you support him, your own TDS is making you weak and stupid.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:58
    @mchill said

Many countries in Europe and around the world have work weeks less than 40 hours and function perfectly well. It's not the number of hours you work that make you effective, it's what you do with those hours. Stop living in the past.
    In the white collar work world, hours are almost irrelevant. You can be working from under your bed covers on your phone or goofing off in your work chair almost just as easily. If you are manager-level, you're probably at least "on-call" for at least 100 hours a week but probably have a lot of flexibility to break up your day as need be, as long as you get your work done.

I suppose that the "X-hour work week" is still relevant for construction workers and baristas, but for corporate managers, it's irrelevant.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 16:58
    @Suzianne
    TDS, Total Disassembly Syndrome
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 17:13
    @averagejoe1 said
    It’s been the norm for most white collar workers here for a while and given that don’t actually produce anything what’s the beef?
    Imagine arguing against a better work life balance, your like a corporate pet aren’t you Joe, roll over son and they might tickle your belly.
  8. Joined
    09 Jan '22
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 17:17
    Wonder what the pioneers that came West would have to say about this young "man" who had to work an 8-hour shift.
    YouTube
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 17:20
    @cliff-mashburn said
    Wonder what the pioneers that came West would have to say about this young "man" who had to work an 8-hour shift.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ0SCBOQD48
    They'd probably feel bad for him since he can't just claim land for free.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 17:361 edit
    @mchill said

I said USA, I did not say 'many countries'. Posting Alert! A poster changes the subject once again. Libs call it moving goal posts, I call it changing subject.

As afar as 'function perfectly well in Europe' one of your main businesses is making candy and breakfsts for tourists. You don't need 40 hours we do, we do everything, we need 40 hours or more.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 17:45
    @sh76 said
    In the white collar work world, hours are almost irrelevant. You can be working from under your bed covers on your phone or goofing off in your work chair almost just as easily. If you are manager-level, you're probably at least "on-call" for at least 100 hours a week but probably have a lot of flexibility to break up your day as need be, as long as you get your work done.

I ...[text shortened]... s still relevant for construction workers and baristas, but for corporate managers, it's irrelevant.
    True, and libs will say that the rich guys under the covers or on golf course are not actually working. Imagine thinking like that.
    Trust me, they are. And there is the element of risk!!! Libs have no idea.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 17:50
    @kevcvs57 said
    It’s been the norm for most white collar workers here for a while and given that don’t actually produce anything what’s the beef?
    Imagine arguing against a better work life balance, your like a corporate pet aren’t you Joe, roll over son and they might tickle your belly.
    Lost you there. If a man does not produce, I fire him. You just keep him on, not-producing? Does not compute.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 18:41
    @kevcvs57
    He is worried about his own corporate employees getting a three day weekend with the same pay, He parts with a dollar like a kid not wanting to let go of a toy.
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 22:22
    @sonhouse said
    @kevcvs57
    He is worried about his own corporate employees getting a three day weekend with the same pay, He parts with a dollar like a kid not wanting to let go of a toy.
    32 hrs of checking exit lights and 9volt batteries is cruel and unusual punishment, not many people have the intelligence low enough to withstand the mundanity.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '24 22:41
    @averagejoe1 said
    "Erode the work ethic that the country was built on? "
    ah yes, the work ethic your country was built on. as in, get slaves to do your work and do it for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.

"The top 1% pay 47%^ of taxes. "
    that's a bad thing, you dingus. There is something wrong with a society where 1% of people make so much wealth that the small % of income that they do pay is fukin equal to what 99% pay. they own rought 60% of all the wealth .

"Inflation has risen by 18% since Biden took over. "
    you haven't a clue why or what Biden did or could have done to affect it.

"The only common denominator that I see is...you guessed it..... Biden."
    The reasoning of a child. Most of the time when you take your umbrella with you, it rains, it must be a magical umbrella that summons rain.

"You are truly, with your policies, heading our country into hell. Actually Biden has no policies."
    Bwahaha you defeated your own argument . How dumb can you be that you would lose a debate with yourself

"But Trump sure will. "
    Yeah, like putting loyalists to him in pretty much every institution he can think of, ban abortion and criminalize it, pardon himself for his many crimes and a plethora of other wonderful, democratic ideas. The land of the free.

"Inflation went up 3.7$ in February. One of you wrote yesterday that the economy is doing great? Faeries in Fairy land. Eggs are up 71.3% since Biden."
    I doubt you even know what inflation is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree