32-hr work week. USA?  You gotta be kiddin'

32-hr work week. USA? You gotta be kiddin'

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
53d

@averagejoe1 said
True, and libs will say that the rich guys under the covers or on golf course are not actually working. Imagine thinking like that.
Trust me, they are. And there is the element of risk!!! Libs have no idea.
Why in the world would you start a debate topics and then agree with a poster who says it's irrelevant?

Lake Como

Moves
53d

@sonhouse said
@kevcvs57
He is worried about his own corporate employees getting a three day weekend with the same pay, He parts with a dollar like a kid not wanting to let go of a toy.
And worries that his company will fail due to employee wage problems, layoffs, group insurance premium increases due to reduced number of participants……..such as that.
Your ‘parting with dollar’ comments a bit superfluous.

Lake Como

Moves
53d

@wildgrass said
Why in the world would you start a debate topics and then agree with a poster who says it's irrelevant?
My point was that blue collars watch a clock, have to work certain hours. White collars make money just on a phone call while making a phone call between ski runs in the Alps. Buying low, selling high, such as that.
Blue collars watch the clock, work certain hours, paid same for each hour.
The good news, they work their way to the top………….to the Alps!!!!

Lake Como

Moves
53d

@zahlanzi said
"Erode the work ethic that the country was built on? "
ah yes, the work ethic your country was built on. as in, get slaves to do your work and do it for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.

"The top 1% pay 47%^ of taxes. "
that's a bad thing, you dingus. There is something wrong with a society where 1% of people make so much wealth that the small % of income that they do pay ...[text shortened]... ? Faeries in Fairy land. Eggs are up 71.3% since Biden."
I doubt you even know what inflation is.
Wacha gon’ bout those people who make all that wealth?
You should close your posts, make them more interesting. Just a suggestion. Your other paragraphs, SHouse already does that, you are aping his stuff. Not nice.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
53d

@sonhouse said
@Suzianne
TDS, Total Disassembly Syndrome
Nah, it's still Trump Derangement Syndrome. Derangement that Trump is presidential material.

MAGAites have it worse than most. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." They plan to sign us all up for four years of torment, again.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
53d

@averagejoe1 said
I said USA, I did not say 'many countries'. Posting Alert! A poster changes the subject once again. Libs call it moving goal posts, I call it changing subject.

As afar as 'function perfectly well in Europe' one of your main businesses is making candy and breakfsts for tourists. You don't need 40 hours we do, we do everything, we need 40 hours or more.
It’s been pointed out to you many times, that America does not do everything.

Also, 40 hours a week (on average) is more than enough work, if you want to have a normal life beside it.
32 is better, if you can financially cope.

D

Moves
53d

@cliff-mashburn said
Wonder what the pioneers that came West would have to say about this young "man" who had to work an 8-hour shift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ0SCBOQD48
I imagine the wrong person would have shot him.

Lake Como

Moves
53d
1 edit

@shavixmir said
It’s been pointed out to you many times, that America does not do everything.

Also, 40 hours a week (on average) is more than enough work, if you want to have a normal life beside it.
32 is better, if you can financially cope.
You have a funny way of expressing your not-work ethics.. So here is a guy who is certainly in favor of other peoples' stuff, working as little as possible, excelling in profanity, etc.
One good rule of thumb to teach our chldren is not to act or be in any way that you would not be proud of. My granny schooled me on that.

40 hours is more than enough for what? Certainly not for the producers that I know. But then again, you would not know these producers. They could not have produced the 1000s of jobs tht they did if they only had 40 hours to do it. But then, you are referring to bluecollar employees? Broaden your perspective , Shav.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
53d

@averagejoe1 said
You have a funny way of expressing your not-work ethics.. So here is a guy who is certainly in favor of other peoples' stuff, working as little as possible, excelling in profanity, etc.
One good rule of thumb to teach our chldren is not to act or be in any way that you would not be proud of. My granny schooled me on that.

40 hours is more than enough for what? ...[text shortened]... ours to do it. But then, you are referring to bluecollar employees? Broaden your perspective , Shav.
You do know that, in Western countries, a 40 hour work week is considered normal.

That means you should be able to make enough money in those hours to live happily.

If your workers can’t, then obviously you are under-paying them.

Lake Como

Moves
53d

@shavixmir said
You do know that, in Western countries, a 40 hour work week is considered normal.

That means you should be able to make enough money in those hours to live happily.

If your workers can’t, then obviously you are under-paying them.
? Huh?
Anyway, any employer knows the ole 40 hour concept, yessir.
Yes, any person should be able to make enough to live happily.

🤔 🤔

And, to summarize my critique of your post, if a worker cannot make enough in a certain job to live happily on, then we must define happy (happy for that person, which would be diff than my def), and we should see if he is not making the right life choices. And I take exception to your saying they might be 'underpaid'. Employer's fault? Geez. Does he HAVE to work there?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
53d

@averagejoe1 said
? Huh?
Anyway, any employer knows the ole 40 hour concept, yessir.
Yes, any person should be able to make enough to live happily.

🤔 🤔

And, to summarize my critique of your post, if a worker cannot make enough in a certain job to live happily on, then we must define happy (happy for that person, which would be diff than my def), and we should see if he i ...[text shortened]... tion to your saying they might be 'underpaid'. Employer's fault? Geez. Does he HAVE to work there?
Like a lot of people have a bloody choice.

🙄

Lake Como

Moves
52d

@shavixmir said
Like a lot of people have a bloody choice.

🙄
But of course, they DO have choice. They leave after early years of HSchool,, maybe college, making plans all the while. The choose a path, for example a fast food job, to learn the real world. They look for higher paying jobs and more opportunity, to get further up the ladder. If they marry early, maybe children, their choices will likely limit their advancement up that ladder. His choice. He let love get in the way. So, he does continue to create his life style, he lives within his means, not someone else's means. Meanwhile, his school buddy Sam has stayed straight on course wtih his plans, probably meeting each goal and being prosperous. You seem to be saying it is not fair that our guy did not make as good of choices as did Sam.....So, should something be done about that to square things up? What?
Anyway, moral of my story....you make choices. You suggest above that a person does not have a choice or choices?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
52d

@averagejoe1 said
But of course, they DO have choice. They leave after early years of HSchool,, maybe college, making plans all the while. The choose a path, for example a fast food job, to learn the real world. They look for higher paying jobs and more opportunity, to get further up the ladder. If they marry early, maybe children, their choices will likely limit their advancement up th ...[text shortened]... of my story....you make choices. You suggest above that a person does not have a choice or choices?
Yeah… you know that a lot of people aren’t very good at school, don’t you?

And not everyone can join the army.
And not everyone is a football star…

So, a lot of people end up doing whatever comes their way to survive.

And in that, don’t you think it’s humanity’s obligation to give them some help?

Z

Moves
52d

@averagejoe1 said
Wacha gon’ bout those people who make all that wealth?
You should close your posts, make them more interesting. Just a suggestion. Your other paragraphs, SHouse already does that, you are aping his stuff. Not nice.
stop drinking.

Lake Como

Moves
52d

@shavixmir said
Yeah… you know that a lot of people aren’t very good at school, don’t you?

And not everyone can join the army.
And not everyone is a football star…

So, a lot of people end up doing whatever comes their way to survive.

And in that, don’t you think it’s humanity’s obligation to give them some help?
Of course, we all do. Ihave said 100 times that people who cannot take care of themselves,, that are desparate and lost, 50M in our country, need to be supported by our government.
So back at you, just whoever else has the government got a duty to support? After all, the American way has always been to have small government and let people grow and be self reliant, creting their own lives.
So, please complete your post that not everyone has he same 'breaks' or luck or outocmes with the lives rhey seek....the lives they choose. Tell us how far we go into the personal lives of those people....the ones not included in the 50M. What would you have a govt do? Go to the rich and get their money? Do you think it is that simple? Do I have to drag up killing the golden goose? Is the govt going to go after your boss's corporation, causing him to shut it down? Shav...........