32-hr work week. USA?  You gotta be kiddin'

32-hr work week. USA? You gotta be kiddin'

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
52d

@zahlanzi said
stop drinking.
Y'all never say in detail specifically where I am wrong. If you do, it is to the effect that you think 'spreading the wealth around' (OBAMA!) is the answer. Is it really?

If you took all the money from all the billionaires in the US, and there are 1,000 of them or something, if you took all their money away if wouldn't be enough to pay off the debt for just next year. Taxing just the rich isn't gonna work.
Then where would you get your money? To pay for Shav's 20-hour work week?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
52d

@averagejoe1 said
Y'all never say in detail specifically where I am wrong. If you do, it is to the effect that you think 'spreading the wealth around' (OBAMA!) is the answer. Is it really?

If you took all the money from all the billionaires in the US, and there are 1,000 of them or something, if you took all their money away if wouldn't be enough to pay off the debt for just next year. ...[text shortened]... ch isn't gonna work.
Jibbering on again.
You work 20 hours, you get paid 20 hours.

Lake Como

Moves
52d

@shavixmir said
Jibbering on again.
in the back of your mind, you would be thinking of relying on govt benefits and handouts to cover your shortfall. When you read this, you will have had a 'govt thought' 4 times so far today.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
51d

@AverageJoe1
WOW, didn't know you were telepathic. Lets see if I can do that.
Your four times daily thought revolves around your stock, how much money you have in your accounts, who do you think you will fire today......

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
51d

@averagejoe1 said
in the back of your mind, you would be thinking of relying on govt benefits and handouts to cover your shortfall. When you read this, you will have had a 'govt thought' 4 times so far today.
No. That’s what you think is in the back of someone’s mind.

However, if you can afford your lifestyle by working 20 hours and getting paid for 20 hours, what’s the problem?

Say 2 earners each work 30 hours. And they can afford their small house, their small car and enjoy all their free time to go out and party. What’s it to you?

Well, in Europe, 32, 36 and 40 hour weeks are the most common work weeks. And people can afford their lifestyles by working that.

What’s it to you? Just because you accept a system which forces you to work 2 jobs or 60 hours a week, just to get by, doesn’t mean the rest of the world wants that sort of system. Many people would rather have more family time and less money, than less family time to spend more money in.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
50d

@averagejoe1 said
But of course, they DO have choice. They leave after early years of HSchool,, maybe college, making plans all the while. The choose a path, for example a fast food job, to learn the real world. They look for higher paying jobs and more opportunity, to get further up the ladder. If they marry early, maybe children, their choices will likely limit their advancement up th ...[text shortened]... of my story....you make choices. You suggest above that a person does not have a choice or choices?
Now if you're feelin' kinda low 'bout the dues you've been paying
Future's coming much too slow
And you wanna run, but somehow you just keep on stayin'
Can't decide on which way to go
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I understand about indecision
But I don't care if I get behind
People livin' in competition
All I want is to have my peace of mind

Now you're climbin' to the top of the company ladder
Hope it doesn't take too long
Can't cha see there'll come a day when it won't matter
Come a day when you'll be gone
Ohh, ohh

Take a look ahead
Take a look ahead, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Now everybody's got advice, they just keep on givin'
Doesn't mean too much to me
Lots of people out to make believe they're livin'
Can't decide who they should be
Oh, oh

Take a look ahead
Take a look ahead
Look ahead

-- "Peace of Mind", Boston, Boston 1976

Lake Como

Moves
50d

@shavixm

However, if you can afford your lifestyle by working 20 hours and getting paid for 20 hours, what’s the problem?

Say 2 earners each work 30 hours. And they can afford their small house, their small car and enjoy all their free time to go out and party. What’s it to you?
You walked into this one, Shav. Sorry.

So let me get this straight. I harp on the same concept when discussing those 'rich people'. They can 'Get in their LARGE car and enjoy Going to Visit With Their Stock Broker on the Way To Their Yacht!!!!!~"

Stay with me here, turkey. What's it to you!!?!?!?? Is that what you just wrote?
"What's the Problem???"

Wildgrass, Kev, jump in here to help him out, he is going to need it.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
50d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
You walked into this one, Shav. Sorry.

So let me get this straight. I harp on the same concept when discussing those 'rich people'. They can 'Get in their LARGE car and enjoy Going to Visit With Their Stock Broker on the Way To Their Yacht!!!!!~"

Stay with me here, turkey. What's it to you!!?!?!?? Is that what you just wrote?
"What's the Problem???"

Wildgrass, Kev, jump in here to help him out, he is going to need it.
I have no problem with that at all.
As long as they pay their taxes.

Also, safe working conditions, decent pay for the workers and the worker's have a say in the production (unions, etc.).

But if they're out yachting... who the hell cares. The further away they are, generally the better.

Lake Como

Moves
50d

@shavixmir said
I have no problem with that at all.
As long as they pay their taxes.

Also, safe working conditions, decent pay for the workers and the worker's have a say in the production (unions, etc.).

But if they're out yachting... who the hell cares. The further away they are, generally the better.
We have OSHA, we have unions, everyone is working that wants to, which means pay is acceptable. And, they pay taxes.
So, we already have all that. But your friends on the Forum, and you somewhere along the way, have voiced extreme discontent with the existence of people who have a Whole lot of money. Admit it.
So, are you going to form a splinter-group on the Forum which says to leave the rich people the hell alone, that 'We have nothing to do with them!?!?"

Z

Moves
50d

@averagejoe1 said

If you took all the money from all the billionaires in the US, and there are 1,000 of them or something, if you took all their money away if wouldn't be enough to pay off the debt for just next year. ...[text shortened]... ch isn't gonna work.
we did. some still do.

now there is mostly only mocking.

there is only so much time you can invest into showing someone who is wrong all the time why he is wrong all the time.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
50d

@averagejoe1 said
We have OSHA, we have unions, everyone is working that wants to, which means pay is acceptable. And, they pay taxes.
So, we already have all that. But your friends on the Forum, and you somewhere along the way, have voiced extreme discontent with the existence of people who have a Whole lot of money. Admit it.
So, are you going to form a splinter-group on th ...[text shortened]... Forum which says to leave the rich people the hell alone, that 'We have nothing to do with them!?!?"
I don't care about people having a whole lot of money.
I care about people not having enough money. And that is something completely different.

Lake Como

Moves
50d

@zahlanzi said
we did. some still do.

now there is mostly only mocking.

there is only so much time you can invest into showing someone who is wrong all the time why he is wrong all the time.
Your post says nothing to anyone

Lake Como

Moves
50d

@shavixmir said
I don't care about people having a whole lot of money.
I care about people not having enough money. And that is something completely different.
OK. I can accept that, but the overall issue of my post to you is that 90% of the Libs on this forum get their panties in a wide about how much money people have …..you know it, I know it, everybody knows it. And I keep writing back. ‘What has their money got to do with you?’ but I never get a proper response when I say that. They should write back “” that money has to do with me because…… “”

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
50d

@averagejoe1 said
OK. I can accept that, but the overall issue of my post to you is that 90% of the Libs on this forum get their panties in a wide about how much money people have …..you know it, I know it, everybody knows it. And I keep writing back. ‘What has their money got to do with you?’ but I never get a proper response when I say that. They should write back “” that money has to do with me because…… “”
Your problem is such: your mind is made up about a subject, let’s call it A. You pose questions and when the answers don’t fit A, you scream that nobody is answering you.

And during your scream, you neglect to check what other people are actually saying.

So, you think that I have a problem with rich people. You were wrong. I couldn’t care less about rich people.
You think 90% of the libs on this forum (in which you include me, although it is obviously very clear that I am not a liberal) have a problem with rich people.
Are you sure?

Maybe they just don’t want poor people, and a method of making fewer poor people is by taking wealth away from rich people.
This doesn’t neccesarily mean they actually have a problem with someone yachting all over the planet.

Moves
50d
1 edit

@shavixmir said
Jibbering on again.
many people are doing that now to survive inflation…where do you think these job numbers are coming from.

An 8 hour job has now become two 4 hour jobs, that way employers don’t have to provide benefits.

But bidens propaganda media has you fools thinking things are going great.