9/11 was a conspiracy?

9/11 was a conspiracy?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
15 May 09

I think Zeitgeist is intended as a satire on conspiracy theories. Somewhere in the "movie", a narrator is complaining about how easily people believe what they are told even if it's blatantly false (or something along those lines). I smiled.

F

Moves
15 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I think Zeitgeist is intended as a satire on conspiracy theories. Somewhere in the "movie", a narrator is complaining about how easily people believe what they are told even if it's blatantly false (or something along those lines). I smiled.
In Sweden they made a conspiracy TV-program about the world championship in football 1958 in Göteborg (my hometown) actually never took place.

The idea was to demonstrate the technique of showing how conspiracy ideas work. The used geometry of proving the pictures was fakes, they used interviews of known people, they reasoned that every fundamentalist would envy, they did everything. But of course everything was fake.

What noone thought of was that they actually created the conspiracy, planted it, and now some people really believe it!

The lesson learnt was of course that it's easy to plant conspiracy ideas in people's minds, like the governement 9/11 theory, the fake moon landing, Area 51, Kennedy murder, creationist/ID movement, and everything. It's just so easy... And people really believe it!

So faking the World Championship in 1958 was easy, then it's easy to plant any idea in peoples heads. And the principle is ignorance.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 May 09

People are used to believe what something labelled as a documentary. Most of these movies (Zeitgeist, Endgame, etc) marry propaganda techniques to this 'documentary' label.

Did we go from the information age to the misinformation age? It's now so easy to find massive amounts of misinformation on the net, that probably if you google "9/11 conspiracy" you'll find more "information" supporting the conspiracy theory than you can probably read in your lifetime. And the good part is that this is also true for "information" denying it!

Without a healthy dose of critical thinking, propaganda will feed itself.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
15 May 09

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
You should watch Empire of Cities. High quality production there.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 May 09

Originally posted by uzless
You should watch Empire of Cities. High quality production there.
Link?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
15 May 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Palynka
Link?
Another youtube doc. You'd love it. First rate production all the way. The voice over sounds like Susan Sarandon.

Type in "EMpire of Cities" into youtube. It has about 30 parts. I dare you to watch it all. I'll give 50 bux to anyone that makes it through.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 May 09

Originally posted by uzless
Another youtube doc. You'd love it. First rate production all the way. The voice over sounds like Susan Sarandon.

Type in "EMpire of Cities" into youtube. It has about 30 parts. I dare you to watch it all. I'll give 50 bux to anyone that makes it through.
No videos found for “"empire of cities"”

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
15 May 09

Originally posted by Palynka
No videos found for “"empire of cities"”
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4675077383139148549

GRANNY.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 May 09

Originally posted by smw6869
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4675077383139148549

GRANNY.
Sweet Jesus.

z

Moves
16 May 09

Originally posted by lapidus
i regret to inform and american reading this, but i actually personally know some people who actually believe that bush and the government was behind the september 11th attacks. And they all got their source from a video on google video.com called zeitgeist 911. please someone watch this video and tell me what you think. this movie also talks about relgion and the banking system in america.
I very much doubt that the USA government was directly involved. What is possible, however, is that people in power had a pretty good idea of some kind of event about to occur and 'lazily' did not much about it with the psychological view 'if it occurs, we have an excuse to bomb the Taliban'.

Just atheory. Who knows?

S
The Mullverine

Little Beirut

Moves
16 May 09

Originally posted by znsho
I very much doubt that the USA government was directly involved. What is possible, however, is that people in power had a pretty good idea of some kind of event about to occur and 'lazily' did not much about it with the psychological view 'if it occurs, we have an excuse to bomb the Taliban'.

Just atheory. Who knows?
we new about pearl harbor.

STS

Moves
16 May 09

Originally posted by StTito
we new about pearl harbor.
No.

jb

Moves
17 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by znsho

Just atheory. Who knows?
George bush couldn't have had knowledge because he publicly stated afterward that who could have known that terrorists would have used a plane and crash them into buildings. So he is off the hook. The Israelis knew ahead of time though. Must not have gotten word to Bush. Also he said that when he saw the first plane hit a building he thought it must be a bad pilot. When he saw the second plane he knew it was terrorists. That also is proof he had no knowledge.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 May 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
The Israelis knew ahead of time though.
Just out of curiosity...

Are there any rational people out there who actually believe that crap?

jb

Moves
17 May 09

Originally posted by sh76
Just out of curiosity...

Are there any rational people out there who actually believe that crap?
I bet you do.